Start by marking “Where Do Babies Come From?” as Want to Read:
Where Do Babies Come From?

Where Do Babies Come From?

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  5 reviews
A gentle, reassuring book that answers a child's first questions about how life begins. Follow this simple photographic story and discover the natural cycle behind the birth of a seedling, duckling, kitten, and baby.
Published August 20th 2001 by DK Children (first published April 3rd 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Where Do Babies Come From?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Do Babies Come From?

Dolly
Jun 13, 2009 Dolly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a wonderful book that introduces the concept of reproduction in a straightforward, but not-too-graphic way. It is honest, basic, and is the perfect introduction for younger children. Cute pictures that keep a child's interest and a great way to start a conversation.
Katherine
This is the best one I've found so far. Addresses plant, animal, and human reproduction. Very tactful and loving.

Haven't read it to the boys yet. We'll probably read it next time Samuel brings up the pregnancy and babies thing, which he does periodically.
Kirei
May 26, 2008 Kirei rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: toddlers
Shelves: younger-kids
This is a great first book about sex. It talks about how living things (flowers, birds, cats, people)come from sperm which meet tiny eggs. It shows what kittens look like inside the mommy cat, and what a baby looks like inside a human mommy.
bookworm22
Really good introductory book about reproduction. Appropriate for very young child or just a good introduction.
Maria
no pics of anatomy or people in bed together. very nice introduction to animal reproduction
M Lee
M Lee added it
May 22, 2015
Billy Harrison
Billy Harrison marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Pamela Martin
Pamela Martin marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Emmy
Emmy added it
Apr 21, 2015
Destiny
Destiny marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
Zanele
Zanele marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2012
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2009
Anna
Anna added it
Mar 27, 2009
Here is some brief information about myself.

I’m interested in science because I think it helps you to understand the world. I like writing and editing because every project is different – with CD-ROMs, I particularly enjoy the challenge of working with multi-media. Although I’ve written loads of books, I still get excited when the first copies of a new series arrive!

Recent books include Floods and
More about Angela Royston...
Truck Trouble (DK Readers: Level 1: Beginning to Read) Fire Fighter! (DK Readers: Level 2: Beginning to Read Alone) Kitten (See How They Grow) Puppy Chick