Tasting Candy (Vaughn, #2)

Tasting Candy (Vaughn #2)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  589 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Lust was the lure, Candy was the reward. Walking around with a raging hard-on isn't Blade Vaughn's idea of a good time. He's hungry for sex and there's only one woman on his menu: Candice Warner. When Blade witnesses the shy beauty go into a panic over a harmless encounter, he's more determined than ever to prove that sex with him is just the therapy she needs. Candice is...more
Published June 24th 2008 by Samhain

To ask other readers questions about Tasting Candy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tasting Candy

Dina
The 2nd installment in the Vaughn series, Tasting Candy is much better than its predecessor.

Candice "Candy" Warner is still struggling to recover - emotionally, not physically - from the rape she suffered one year ago. While she can't stand being around strange men without having a panic attack, she feels comfortable with Blade Vaughn, her personal trainer's brother. In fact, she's very attracted to him but doesn't feel ready to shed her fears.

Blade has wanted Candy since he met her, but she's u...more
Emily
From the first moment Blade Vaughn laid eyes on the shy Candice Warner at his brother's office, he knew he wanted her. Not just for one date, but for however long it would last. The only problem Blade has is finding a way to ask her out, never one to mince words it is causing him a lot of sleepless nights as he tries to figure out the best way to handle his dilemma.

Candice Warner is a survivor, but her fears have had a way of dictating her sheltered exsistence. Blade is the first man she has met...more
Rachel
Vapid and chauvinistic!

I couldn't help but picture Blade as Chuck Norris or Rex from Napoleon Dynamite. O_o Even Candy described him as a total throwback. Not my type I guess because I thought he was an absurd character. Not appealing at all.

This story completely fell flat for me. There was no build-up to Blade and Candy's relationship and I couldn't sympathize with Candy's past because it wasn't taken seriously. She was supposedly terrified of all men due to her traumatic past experience, but...more
RomReader
25y.o secretary has been infatuated with her boss' construction-contractor brother Hero since they 1st met months ago.

Hero decides to finally do something about his insistent hot dreams about heroine and wants to know more about her now that he saw her have a panic attack at the gym. Her honest answers don't sway his decisions about her and that's enough for her to yield to him. But the morning after has her questioning their relationship. Did he push her too soon?

Overall, a sweet and sexy nove...more
Lynsey
This was heading for a solid 4 stars, when the heroine inexplicably had a labotamy and came out of her shrink's office with a COMPLETELY different personality. Split personalities must be air-born in this town.

I really liked the ridiculously named Blade. Ok if you are a half breed vampire hunter, but I found it distracting. Also, why-oh-why a moustache? I had to edit that out in my mind. Blade is gruff and dominating but was so sweet to Candy. He was perfect because she really needed someone wh...more
Samantha
Mojca
Rather iffy plot-wise, if you ask me. She's been afraid of men for a year and simply falls into bed with a hunk? See, iffy.
Lady Raven RAVE!
I'm in love with Blade wow..... good read for me was drawn from start to finish.
Christy
Farah
Mar 01, 2014 Farah rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: books
Well I expected a lot more since the book tackled a sensitive subject but it seems that it was only used as a plot point and nothing more. It wasn't that bad actually it was going pretty well until Candice goes to see her shrink and comes out as Candice number 2 , her sudden change could have made sense if it was done on a slower pace not thrown in our faces but apparently Candice and Blade were too busy with their err activities to focus on anything else and might I add that the only people...more
Dee

I just got done reading all three books in the Vaughn series that are currently available and enjoyed all three of them. My main issue with this one however (view spoiler)

but the book was an ok read and i'm awaiting the next one in the series...more
PNR
I picked this up because of the traumatized heroine storyline. I might have liked it more if she hadn't leaped into bed, miraculously overcoming her trauma in like three pages. I love it when the hero slowly heals an abused heroine, and all the uncertainty and angst and protectiveness that comes with that, but this book glossed past that pretty quickly and just ended up being nonstop sex fest. Oh well.
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Diana Vasquez
Nicole
I did enjoy the book I just wish it was longer and the relationship developed a little bit more. The instant love between the hero and heroine happened too quickly for what the heroine went through in her past. The attraction they had for each other was hot and blade was a total sweetheart.
Cheryl Douglas
Wow! I admire the way this author tackled such a sensitive topic. Blade, who's the epitome of an alpha male, showed us a sweet, sensitive side that I loved. I also enjpyed watching Candy morph into a strong, secure woman. A short, but sexy read. Once again, Anne delivers a winner!
Pamela
I don't know what possessed me to read this book, but I did, and now I'm wishing I didn't. Shitty, ridiculous plot, crappy dialogue, and stupid characters, especially the female lead. I just wanted to punch her in the face. Enough said.
Melissa Maxwell
The book was short and sweet. Blade and Candace were good together and the story was endearing. I wanted an epilogue to better conclude the story.
Jeehan Dinwiddie
Great quick read....story not very in depth...she moved a Lil fast for just being raped a year ago...sorry for the spoiler!
Candace
I liked this book, but at times it was a little too serious. Overall, good.
Amanda
She was raped he helped her have her first consensual relationship.
Kelly
Sep 02, 2012 Kelly marked it as to-read
Rec'd by Twigs/ Kindle-lendable
Lisa (Fic Talk)
A really QUICK, okay read.
Joanna R
A bit cheesy but a good read
Jenny Genova
Jenny Genova is currently reading it
Aug 18, 2014
  • To Do List (Bettencourt Brothers, #1)
  • Hostile Takeover
  • Some Like It Rough
  • Curve Contract (Billionaire BBW Erotic Romance)
  • Tamed by the Dom (Guilty Pleasures #3)
  • My One
  • Taking the Job (Taboo)
  • A Fine Specimen
  • Turn It Up (Turner Twins, #2)
  • Nothing Personal
  • A Little Harmless Obsession (Harmless, #3)
  • Sweet Silence (Tygers, #3)
  • Bind Me (Pact of Seduction, #1)
  • Beg for It
  • Mistress Christmas (Wild West Boys, #1)
  • Heart of Submission
  • Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3)
  • Skin Deep
1320289
“Rainey is an erotic storytelling virtuoso!” — Romantic Times Magazine

Anne Rainey creates steamy romance stories with just the right amount of heat. Her books frequent best seller and top pick review lists. Anne is an accomplished author of over thirty titles. Her books can be found in Target stores and other popular online retailers. Canada’s largest newspaper, The Toronto Star, recommends Anne’s...more
More about Anne Rainey...
Touching Lace (Vaughn, #1) Sam's Promise (Blackwater, #1) Taking Chloe (Vaughn, #3) Tempting Grace (Vaughn, #4) A Little Bit Naughty (Tahoe Nights, #1)

“She reached for the milk and honey soap, then poured it into the puff, but when she started washing him with it, he chuckled.
“Uh, sweetheart?”
“Hmm?” Candice mumbled as she stared at some interesting spot on his arm.
“Real men don’t use puffs,” he said, amused and turned on by having Candice’s undivided attention.
She finally managed to drag her gaze away from his forearm and stared at him as if he’d lost his mind. “You can’t be serious?” When he only shrugged, she rolled her eyes. “What does it matter what I use, so long as you’re clean?”
“It matters, believe me.” Blade knew he sounded absurd but he couldn’t help it. It was bad enough he’d let her put bandages on a few measly cuts; if word got out he’d let her use a peach-colored puff and milk-and-honey bath soap he’d never hear the end of it.
A man had to put his foot down somewhere.”
3 likes