Start by marking “Cherries In The Snow” as Want to Read:
Cherries In The Snow

Cherries In The Snow

What happens if the Other Woman is his daughter - and she's eight years old?
Paperback, 1st, 269 pages
Published 2005 by Three Rivers Press

To ask other readers questions about Cherries In The Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cherries In The Snow

Jayne Lamb
Nov 10, 2011 Jayne Lamb rated it really liked it
Don't let the cover or title fool you into thinking this is chick lit. Chick lit heroines may bewail calories but they rarely talk about the orgasmic properties of bulimia and they certainly don't self-mutilate. If you've read her memoir 'Your Voice In My Head', you will certainly wonder how much of Sadie's story is biographical but that doesn't matter when you write with such a clever, self-deprecating hand. And what Gen X girl hasn't wanted to be 'the person who makes up the names for ...more
Whitney
Sep 14, 2016 Whitney rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2014 Sarah rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit, own
I know, you might be asking yourself- You seem to hate Emma Forrest why do you read all her books? Well, it's because I like the premis of her, but her work is poorly executed. Her books all run together to me. I swore when she went to the plastic surgeon in L.A. I'd read that before and I can only guess that was in Name Dropper since I went though the books I've read in the past two years and hers is the only one that was a maybe. I'm appealed by how her characters act, and I can only assume ...more
Cinzia
May 28, 2015 Cinzia rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-books, 2015
Sadie has got to be the most annoying character i've ever read. All she did through out this book was whine about everything and anything! This woman is meant to be a successful 24 year old who moved to a different country all by herself to work for a successful make up company and you'd think she'd be mature and responsible but no. She's a whinging 6 year old and it was SO FUCKING ANNOYING TO READ. If this woman was a real person I would most likely dislike her a hell of a lot.

This book dragge
Ema
Feb 10, 2014 Ema rated it liked it
This should really be higher than a three but it isn't really worth the four stars as the main character ended up being too immature for enjoyment and the plot and it's pacing to be near non existent.

However the prose and writing of the book itself was FABULOUS. with so many amazing one line observations that I could relate to so much. And with brilliant use of makeup metaphors to bring it back to the plot of the book.

As much as it is a 'chick lit' book it really isn't at all, as it's a very s
Frances Bengwayan
Apr 23, 2015 Frances Bengwayan rated it liked it
Shelves: hahaha
This is hilarious more than tragic. I disagree with the cover AT ALL. And to think that what caught my attention with this book was because of Ethan Hawke's review: "Electric". But the story of womanhood is very well-written. Young 20's, unsure career, dating older men. Sounds typical, but I love the inner voice of this book.
Vandrion
Aug 19, 2008 Vandrion rated it it was amazing
It's been about a year since I read this book but it was hilarious! The main character is British and works creating titles for make-up colors. It is a little naughty, which is part of what makes it so hilarious. I will quote a friend of mine who was reading the book because I recommended it to her: "I'm going to lose half my virginity reading this book!"
So there you have it, go get it!
Rainey
Apr 03, 2014 Rainey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
I read this book while travelling abroad in Italy. It was one of the few books my roommate and I were able to find in English. Forrest writes a female character who is both sensitive and strong. A cunning comedic novel that is also heartfelt and relatable.
Beth
Feb 20, 2009 Beth rated it did not like it
first of all this is total chick-lit which is not my thing... second of all it was HORRIBLE. it wandered on aimlessly and i kept reading because i figured it HAD to get better... but it didn't. i'm not kidding when i say that this is the ONLY book that i didn't bother finishing...it was THAT bad
Mila
May 26, 2015 Mila rated it it was ok
Really enjoyed the makeup naming bits. The rest was amusing, but not hugely. And what's with all the crying?
Sherry
Oct 18, 2008 Sherry added it
This is a hilarious love story about a neurotic 23 year old girl who names make up for a living. I recommend this book to every young woman. It is entertaining, funny, and smart.
Fiona Endsley
Jul 15, 2009 Fiona Endsley rated it it was ok
This was a good story, but the heroine(s) was/were unlikable, so that it was not as good as it could have been. Very disappointing for a book named after one of my favorite lipsticks.
Jennifer Elliott
Dec 03, 2007 Jennifer Elliott rated it it was amazing
This book may not seem to have a definite plot, but you pull for the character to make it through her ordeals!
Kristal
Mar 24, 2016 Kristal rated it it was ok
I loved, loved, loved Emma Forrest's autobiography but I find her fiction grating. Her characters are kind of infuriating and there's just so much whining - SO MUCH. She's a lovely writer though.
Beth
Beth rated it it was ok
Sep 21, 2007
Kiarna Lewis
Kiarna Lewis rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2014
Ashley Marie
Ashley Marie rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2012
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2008
Georgia
Georgia rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2013
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2015
Bee Wyeth
Bee Wyeth rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2016
Thea
Thea rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2012
Amy Poor
Amy Poor rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2009
Nichelle
Nichelle rated it it was ok
Jan 08, 2009
Jenny
Jenny rated it it was ok
Sep 01, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2007
Char
Char rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2007
Nina
Nina rated it it was ok
Aug 17, 2014
Suge
Suge rated it it was ok
Aug 23, 2011
Thomas
Thomas rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2007
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • F 'em!: Goo Goo, Gaga, and Some Thoughts on Balls
  • Madonna and Me: Women Writers on the Queen of Pop
  • The Ice Age
  • House of Psychotic Women: An Autobiographical Topography of Female Neurosis in Horror and Exploitation Films
  • How Sassy Changed My Life: A Love Letter to the Greatest Teen Magazine of All Time
  • The Gospel According To Luke
  • Handmade Modern: Mid-Century Inspired Projects for Your Home
  • Ink-Stained Amazons and Cinematic Warriors: Superwomen in Modern Mythology
  • Joss Whedon: Conversations
  • Dancing Queen: The Bawdy Adventures of Lisa Crystal Carver
  • Yippee Ki-Yay Moviegoer: Writings on Bruce Willis, Badass Cinema and Other Important Topics
Emma Forrest is a British-American journalist, novelist and screenwriter. She currently resides in Los Angeles, CA.
More about Emma Forrest...