Start by marking “Forbidden Fruit” as Want to Read:
Forbidden Fruit

Forbidden Fruit

Veterinarian assistant, Ava Sweet has lusted after bad boy Luke McGiffin since high school and she's tired of him treating her like a kid sister. It's time to show the hunky roofer her feminine side. The plan: let Jen, her best friend, give her a makeover, and then tempt Luke right out of his sexy jeans. But can Ava handle a man with such strong appetites or is she in over ...more
Published 2008 by eRed Sage Publishing, ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden Fruit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forbidden Fruit

Dina
This was a short but very hot read! I'm not going to write a plot summary here because, frankly, the story is so short that I'd be spoiling it by doing that. Suffice it to say that short stories don't always work for me, and this one did. Luke and Ava were very likable characters, and their falling in love was believable considering they'd known - and secretly lusted after - each other for 10 years. Oh, and the love scenes were sizzling hot! ;)

Note: There was some light bondage but it was well d
Ellie
May 17, 2010 Ellie rated it did not like it
Read this little diddy this morning pre-work.

I don't know, I just don't feel like the title fits. I didn't feel the forbidden-ness of this forbidden fruit. It's simply one of those storied where two people like each other but don't realize it for a long time. Nothing forbidden just two people holding onto their ego and pride rather than risking those and taking a chance.

Oddly, there is almost an anal scene...almost. They decide to do it ... she rolls onto stomach exposing bum...he's pouring war
Cheryl
Jan 09, 2011 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Short, hot and sweet. Just what I needed!
MBR
I want a bad boy of my own after reading this ;)
My review: http://bit.ly/97yE5C
 B.E.Love
Jul 30, 2012 B.E.Love rated it really liked it
this is a great short story about Ava and Luke, Ava is best friends with Luke's sister Jen and has been in love with him since high school but thinks he would never like her. Luke has wanted Ava just as long but neither has said anything. When the truth comes out about how they feel about each other there's no looking back. This is how a short story should be written the story line and pace worked great for this novella and though not long I cared about everyone in the book. The Ending of this b ...more
Limecello
Apr 28, 2013 Limecello rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013
Really cute, short read.
However, incomplete. I didn't really see how the relationship developed - or... how/why.

The girl finally gets herself a makeover and then the guy goes all caveman and she falls all over him?
This after her kneeing him in the balls just (4?) days earlier because he was insulting about her appearance to his best friend behind her back?

...

Enh. Ignoring the plot holes/flaw though, a cute novella, almost vignette.
Rachael
I liked this quick hot read. I think I missed something though. I don't get how the title ties into the story. There was nothing "forbidden" about their love. Ava was Luke's sisters best friend, nothing very forbidden about that..
I did like how she stood up to him when she heard him talking about her. She didn't run away in shame like many others would have.
Kelly22
Jun 04, 2011 Kelly22 rated it it was amazing
5.00 Stars - Contemporary Erotic Romance!
Chrisabel
Apr 19, 2012 Chrisabel rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, nook
Very Short but hot read.....
Karsyn
Feb 01, 2012 Karsyn rated it it was ok
an ok short read. too short, too boring.
Stacey
Jan 03, 2012 Stacey rated it did not like it
Shelves: e-books
I was actually shocked that this was written by a women. It's smut...not romance!
Lizzie
I liked the premise of this, but I was disappointed in the guy. The best part was when she kneed him in the gonads. I'm all for alpha males but this guy just came across as a dick.
Anne Dirty Girls' Good Books
This one just didn't do it for me. It was hot, but I think I just didn't like the characters much.
Kara Parks
Jun 29, 2011 Kara Parks rated it really liked it
Quick Steamy Read
Juliana Chen
Apr 01, 2012 Juliana Chen rated it liked it
Short and Hot..

That is what this book about.

If this is a longer book, with more story in it, it would be better I guess.
Simone
Sep 19, 2015 Simone rated it liked it
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2012
crazyred
crazyred rated it liked it
May 14, 2013
Japheth
Japheth rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2015
Ameil
Ameil rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2012
Tiffany Eason
Tiffany Eason rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2012
Alexa
Alexa rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2012
Booklover
Booklover rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2012
Suzanne Rock
Suzanne Rock rated it it was ok
Jan 17, 2010
Allison
Allison rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2014
Moran
Moran rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2010
Leslie
Leslie rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2010
Jen
Jen rated it it was ok
Apr 16, 2012
  • One of the Guys
  • One on One
  • Going for It
  • Unmasking Kelly (Courage Brothers of Texas, #Prequel)
  • Tactical Pleasure (Men of S.W.A.T., # 1)
  • Hot in Here
  • Spitfire (Cowboy Quickies #1)
  • Bottoms Up (Purgatory Club #5)
  • The Year of Living Shamelessly
  • Sinful Treats (Club Velvet Ice, #1)
  • Kidnapped for Christmas
  • About Last Night
  • Tony's Haven (Sherman Family Series, #2)
  • Risque Business (Sleeping with the Boss Book 1)
  • On Your Knees (Cress Brothers, #1)
  • Stud Muffin Wanted
  • Bare Necessities (Harlequin Blaze, #371)
  • Out of Her Dreams
1320289
“Rainey is an erotic storytelling virtuoso!” — Romantic Times Magazine

Anne Rainey creates steamy romance stories with just the right amount of heat. Her books frequent best seller and top pick review lists. Anne is an accomplished author of over thirty titles. Her books can be found in Target stores and other popular online retailers. Canada’s largest newspaper, The Toronto Star, recommends Anne’s
More about Anne Rainey...

“Actually, yeah, I did buy a few new things,” she confirmed, then she teased a little more by adding, “I think Pete is going to really enjoy my outfit tomorrow night.”
“Pete seems to like you no matter what you’re wearing,” Luke grumbled. “So, what did you buy for good ol’ Pete?”
Darn, if he didn’t sound jealous! Could it be possible? It’d mean she meant something to him. Something more than Dr. Doolittle anyway. “I bought a mini skirt.” She wouldn’t tell him about the hair and the shoes. Or what she bought to wear under the skirt.
She heard him cough. Hard. As if having a spasm. “Luke? Are you okay?”
A couple more very tense seconds of coughs, and then, “Did you say a skirt?”
She wanted to smack him.”
1 likes