Tri Mates (Cascadia Wolves, #2)

Tri Mates (Cascadia Wolves #2)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  1,496 ratings  ·  50 reviews
Werewolves mate for life. For every wolf, there's a mate out there. So Tracy Warden is thrilled when she discovers Nick Lawrence, the sexy Enforcer for another Pack, is her mate.

But sometimes lucky wolves get to double dip in the form of the extremely rare Tri-Mate-Bond. And so it is when Tracy discovers that her Anchor bond with National Pack Mediator Gabe Murphy is far m...more
Published December 8th 2006 by Ellora's Cave (first published December 2006)

Lover Awakened by J.R. WardDark Lover by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesGentle Hands by Émilie Lavigne
Best Smut Books
155th out of 926 books — 1,059 voters
Slave to Sensation by Nalini SinghDragon Bound by Thea HarrisonA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeCaressed by Ice by Nalini SinghKiss of Snow by Nalini Singh
Hot Shapeshifter Romances
175th out of 651 books — 595 voters

More lists with this book...

Brenda (b)
Lauren Dane continues the story line started in the first book. The youngest Warden finds a mate, or rather two. Now they need to adjust to the rare tri-mate bond and figure out how they're going to shuffle things around in their lives to make it work. Not to mention salvage the Pacific Pack and stop the Pellini Group while they're at it too. I liked the interaction between the 3 mates. They all need to work to fit together, it doesn't just happen overnight. The fact that they argued and hurt ea...more
Deedee
ooohhhh Drama! drama! And more drama!!
This book was absolutely delicious!!! Lauren Dane did better with this one then she did with the first. Especially after the idea of the tri-bond thing, i didnt think I would like this but damn it! it was too good to put down. And plus i can tolerate a tri mate scenario better than the tri-bond weirdness.

Any whoo!

The story:

Tracy Warren has found her mate The Enforcer and Second to the Pacific Pack, Nick Lawrence, during a meditation meeting between her pa
Book Binge Blog
As I read some of these earlier Cascadia novels, I really struggle with some of the plot devices Dane uses. Specifically the fated mates trope and how that automatically means love. I can deal with the fated mates thing as long as there's sufficient time to develop the relationship outside what's been fated. I think here, though, the feelings come too quickly. I realize they're tied to the mating bond, but when the "I Love You's" are thrown out 5 minutes after meeting it rings false.

Once I move...more
Holly
As I read some of these earlier Cascadia novels, I really struggle with some of the plot devices Dane uses. Specifically the fated mates trope and how that automatically means love. I can deal with the fated mates thing as long as there's sufficient time to develop the relationship outside what's been fated. I think here, though, the feelings come too quickly. I realize they're tied to the mating bond, but when the "I Love You's" are thrown out that early (5 minutes after meeting) it rings false...more
Netanella
I'm enjoying this series more and more, considering how crappy I thought the first book was. In this third of the series, Dane gives us much more of werewolf politics as she introduces the Pacific Pack and the National Pack. And she throws Tracy Warden, the youngest sister of the Cascadia Wolves ruling family, into mating with both the Enforcer of the Pacific Pack, Nick Lawrence, and the Mediator of the National Pack, an older wolf named Gabe. Dane pays a lot more attention to the dynamics of th...more
PepsiGirl
I guess this was way to generic for me the writing is stilted things happen to quickly and there's little time to really dwell on what's going on. The whole tri mate thing happened and even though there were a few mentions of the guys having heated stares it didn't really give as lot of emotion. Sure the heat they felt was pure lust and to me that never really worked for me either. Maybe I was turned off by Tracy, she was very abrupt in her appearance and her manner not really even showing respe...more
Emily Ventura
3.5 Stars
Oh my gosh! I just finished the book and I am supremely surprised. Where the hell is the ending? What type of shitty ending is that?
It would have been 4 stars but that ending! That's a crap ending. Totally unexpected. I felt like I was still in the rising action of the book.
Overall, great story. Loved the characters. But that ending just pisses me off.
Kimberlee
The Cascadia Wolves move on, on a twist we have a tri-mate bond and what a tri it is. I love Gabe and his mature and calm. Just what a a she wolf needs, as well as a hot as hell enforcer in Nick. Good for you Tracy. 4.5 stars.
Heather  * lost in her own world*
Tracy the youngest sister of the Waren siblings stumbles upon not only one mate but two..forming a rare tri-mate bond. But while these males make her life a smorgasborg of sexual satisfaction they soon find out Pellini has his hands in her new pack.

Pellini is like the godfather of a werewolf mob so there is plenty of trouble to deal with. Nick, Gabe and Tracy all work together to sort out the Pacific pack problems all while trying to sort out this tri-mating thing between them.

So in all you can...more
Christy Duke
I ventured into reading book two of the Cascadia Wolves series by Lauren Dane in the hopes that I would be more impressed than I was with book one. In most ways, yes I was and in only a few ways, no I wasn't. I liked it enough to perhaps want to keep reading the next couple.

I did like the fact that the characters from book one were not just mentioned and slightly viewed here but were an active and integral part of the story. In fact I liked Nina even better in this edition. I also liked the fact...more
Darcy
I thought this book was better than the first one. I really liked Tracy, loved her friendship with Nina and how that was shown in the book, nice to see that they still had the bond.

When Tracy met her mate I was surprised by how fast things happened, neither of them fought it, they were excited to find their mate. However Nick was the classic clueless man!! He kept shoving his foot in his mouth, at times I wondered how he could talk, he just kept digging himself in deeper and deeper. I loved tha...more
Erin Kyle
This rating should be a 2.5-3.

The storyline was interesting enough, I suppose, but it was very difficult for me to be really invested in the story. I didn't get to know any of the characters very well, and I honestly had a hard time liking Tracy...a difficult thing considering she's the main character...

The whole time I was reading, I felt as though I were being washed away downstream with nothing to hold onto. I couldn't set my feet or get my bearings. And I didn't have much time to breathe.

In...more
=^☺^=mskitty
Zuradia
I love this series so far. This whole mess with Warren Pellini is just going deeper and deeper. I have to find out how he is dealt with it. Now, as to this book in the series, it was great! If I was Tracey I would have whooped Sarah's ass anyway. She was asking for it throughout the whole story. So was Ben for that matter. I agree that Ben should never have been Alpha. He's too weak to hold the Pack. Nick and Gabe, what can you say about them? They are two Alpha wolves who happen to share a mate...more
Hayley
Well...... Once again i was hooked from start to finish! Focusing on the relationship of Tracy, Gabe and Nick and the twist and turns that faced them. Tri-Mates was full of raunch, hotness and action! Plus we still got our little fixes of other members of the family, mention no names, oh ok, Lex And Cade Warden!!! We were taken through the complications and magic of the tri-mates tri-bond and the effects it had on everybody around them but well the whole mafia situation kicks it up a notch. I fo...more
Imjstgr8
4 stars for the sex..3.5 for the storyline. This was action packed from beginning to end. Kinky Sex, conspiracies, money-laundering and threesomes, the only thing that would have made this better is NOTHING! So why not 5 stars? I don't think there was enough character development. I ended this book knowing the same things I knew about the characters when they were introduced. Plus some arguments and conversations seemed to be just thrown in randomly...However, I liked it. I just plowed right thr...more
Nancy
I loved this book! It was so funny, action packed and hotter than the surface of the sun! I actually recommend a change of panties if out and about with this book.
It was a rollercoaster ride of emotions too because I felt hatred for some characters, lust for others and goofy love for the cutest three legged dog on earth.
I really liked the story with this one, it seemed a little more indepth than the first two books. I loved Nick, Tracy and Gabe together. Some menage situations can get it so w...more
Meryl
one series in my read and re-read and re-read list.
Kerry   Matchett
OMG HOT HOT HOT what can i say about this book apart from i LOVED it!!!
The story carries on with the Cascadia wolves with Tracy the youngest sister and is based on her finding her mate and a very rare TRIbond and a few troubles they have on the way with the wolf Maffia.
This book is full of love, lust and action both in and out of the bedroom and has not one but 2 hunky wolves Nick and Gabe i truly cannot choose which one i like most :)
Cannot wait to read the next book in this series.
Danielle
Not having read book one I did enjoy this book but was not in the know for some of the backstory. I enjoyed getting to see how Tracy and Nick got together, and then Gabe too. I liked them, the scenes were great, but what I did not like was the ending. There was no ending, it was lame. I wanted more with them, and also wanting to figure out the whole kid situation when they got to that point. Overall the story was interesting, but incomplete.
Boo Boo Kitty
If you like hot, sweaty sex scenes on pretty much every other page then this is a book for you. I was getting sick of it towards the end and wished the story line was more evolved. But I still liked it and want to read more into the series.

The premise is every were has a mate and once they find that mate, it's instant attraction, devotion and love. In this book, Tracy finds she has 2 mates which is rare in the were community.
Candace
I thought the tri-mate concept would not be something I enjoyed, but the way Lauren Dane wrote it in that it was not all about sex, but about falling in love, made me really enjoy reading it. I was thrilled with Tracy & Nick fell in love and when Gabe entered the relationship it just seemed to enhance it, not make it weird as I had thought it might.
Sally
This book is hot and sexy and watching the characters care deeply for each other as they deal with the tri mated bond is very endearing.

The threat of the Pallini mob is still at hand and his is obviously a story that all be running through the series.

Really enjoying the series and reading each character's story as it unfolds.
iliana G
ohhhh WoW!!!

this book was damn hot and super!

2 Alpha males one Alpha female....damn....

i am only giving it 4 stars though cause i though that in the end it was not the end..

i felt something missing that something more needed to be said and done.

still i enjoy it way too much!
Flien
Not an overly good book, but not a bad one either, just don't really know what to think. A lot was told about some storylines I thought were boring, while other things I thought were interesting wern't elaborated at all. All together: 3 stars
Reagan Whitten
I've read a few books with three-somes and a few have been silly and others way too raunchy for me. I don't mind guy on guy in my books, but for those of you who do you'll be safe here. I have to say Ms. Dane write this 3 way with class.
Emoore0916
So far I feel like i'm reading the previous book, and that may be my fault as I'm reading the whole series back to back. But take out the name Tracy and you have Nina with the same sassy mouth. Hmmm will see...................
Sarah Shaw
It was a good read and I enjoyed it. The reason it is only getting 3 stars is because it ended so suddenly. I hate when a book ends suddenly and there is more that could have been said and done in the story.
  • Summer's Caress (Wolf’s Heritage, #2)
  • Shattered Emotions (Redwood Pack, #5)
  • Bightmares (Deep Space Mission Corps, # 2)
  • Hale (Circe's Recruits, #4)
  • Wolf Flight (Granite Lake Wolves, #2)
  • Roping Savannah (Fallon Mates, #3)
  • Hunger of the Wolf (Wolfen, #3)
  • Winter of the Wolf (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #2)
  • Dead Moon Rising
  • My Shifter Showmance (Shifting Reality, #1)
  • Sanctuary (Sanctuary #1)
Lauren Dane has been writing stories since she was able to use a pencil, and before that she used to tell them to people. Of course, she still talks nonstop, and through wonderful fate and good fortune, she’s now able to share what she writes with others. It’s a wonderful life!

The basics: Lauren is a mom, a partner, a best friend and a daughter. Living in the rainy but beautiful Pacific Northwest,...more
More about Lauren Dane...
Laid Bare (Brown Siblings, #1) Giving Chase (Chase Brothers, #1) Coming Undone (Brown Siblings, #2) Taking Chase (Chase Brothers, #2) Making Chase (Chase Brothers, #4)