Start by marking “Standoff (Cascadia Wolves, #5)” as Want to Read:
Standoff (Cascadia Wolves, #5)

Standoff (Cascadia Wolves #5)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  1,604 ratings  ·  47 reviews

Cade Warden has always put his Pack first, setting aside everything else - even his need for a mate. Now Warren Pellini has a new biological weapon, threatening everything Cade holds dear. Into his life walks Grace Pellini, sister of his greatest enemyand his destined mate. Grace walks a dangerous line, gathering information to aid the Nationally Allied Packs. In the midst

Published March 4th 2008 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Standoff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Standoff

Slave to Sensation by Nalini SinghDragon Bound by Thea HarrisonA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeCaressed by Ice by Nalini SinghKiss of Snow by Nalini Singh
Hot Shapeshifter Romances
232nd out of 666 books — 640 voters
Hour of the Lion by Cherise SinclairHers to Command by Patricia A. KnightRedemption Song by Karen MercuryHale by Marie HarteRoane by Marie Harte
Paranormal MMF Menage
131st out of 134 books — 227 voters

More lists with this book...

Julie (jjmachshev)
I had a very hard time waffling between four and five stars for "Standoff". This is book five of Lauren Dane's 'Cascadia Wolves' series and the hero, Cade, has been a favorite of mine since he first appeared in earlier books. The heroine for him that I had imagined in my mind turned out to be NOTHING like the one Ms. Dane wrote for him; but once I got over myself I enjoyed the story and was disappointed there weren't more pages.

Cade is the Alpha of the second largest pack in America. As such, hi
Brenda (b)
The conclusion of the Pellini story line. It was great to see Cade find his mate. He was such a strong character and I thought Grace fit very well with him.
Rinny Rainwind
This is book 5 in the Cascadia Wolves series. What can I say? Amazing !!! This is yet another example on a well thought out world and characters. This story was about Cade and Grace. Cade is the Cascadia Alpha. He finally finds his mate only to find out she's the sister of the enemy. But that stops nothing. He then finds out he must fight to the death . And Grace has to come up with a vaccine to stop him from dying if her insane brother decides to infect him with the biological weapon. Man this ...more
Hayley
Another hot and attention grabbing read from Lauren Dane! For me... Probably the more emotional book as you get to see a side of Cade Warden that wasn't present in the other four but don't worry it's still got all you need and more! We're introduced to Grace and u get to follow her and Cade's relationship as well as getting your other Warden Clan fix. We also get too learn more about the virus, which helps you understand more about what you may have read in the other Cascadia Wolves books. Defia ...more
Holly
Goodreads ate my first review. Grr.

I enjoyed the continued progression of the overall story arc and the development of the relationship. I was glad to see Grace put Nina in her place. As the series has progressed, I've found myself liking Nina less and less. Her overall attitude has seemed to get worse, and her actions toward Grace were completely out of line.

I love that Case respected Grace and pushed her to be herself, as well as a part of him. And come on, how cute is it that he bakes when h
Heather  * suffering broken screen syndrome*
Book #5 in Cascadia Wolves...Cade finally gets his woman, his mate.

So the bad wolf mobster Warren Pellini is at it again. With War declared against him the packs are preparing for battle. What the National, Pacific and Cascadia packs need is a little information to help in this war. An informant from Pellini is set to meet with them and hand over vital information for the virus and here is the first surprise not so surprise.....the informant is none other than Pellini's sister Grace.

Grace and C
Kerry
Another fab book from Lauren Dane. I loved the heat and the passion from the chaacters and i liked that Grace was quiet n soft but knew how to slap the men down when she needed to......all i need now is the rest in the series
Ally
Cade Warden has always put his Pack first, setting aside everything elseeven his need for a mate. Now Warren Pellini has a new biological weapon, threatening everything Cade holds dear. Into his life walks Grace Pellini, sister of his greatest enemyand his destined mate. Grace walks a dangerous line, gathering information to aid the Nationally Allied Packs. In the midst of their rising passion and desperate search for the key to disabling the weapon, Pellini raises the stakes with a Challenge. G ...more
Ansu
I liked this book very much and I am enjoying the series. The book lost a 5* rating for 2 reasons.

1. The first meeting between Cade and Grace and them getting together was too quick, felt a bit rushed.I have loved Cade since first meeting him and it would of been nice to see him fighting a bit more for Grace.
Grace was almost perfect except for the breast thing!. Why LD did not just give her big boobs I don't know!!!!!
2. The big fight between Cade and Warren. Warren was this uber baddie but he wa
Book Binge Blog
I think this is one of my favorite books in the series. I love that Cade respected Grace and pushed her to be herself, as well as a part of him. Too often these alpha-males come across as asshats. Cade was in some ways, but he also understood Grace enough that he let her be who she needed to be. That's a pretty important thing in any relationship. And come on, how cute is it that he bakes when he's upset?

PepsiGirl
Read this out of order and really hated Grace in the Trinity story. Do I really just has to get through it because she had such a chip on her shoulder. All the issues work her evil brother and being disowned by her own pack way before any of this story took place, she had a lot of things mashing her a crazy person. Never really warmed up to her and Cafe as a couple. Just realized that I didn't review writing thus after the fact. Not a favorite of mine.
Carol
Have been waiting to get to Cade's book since I started this Series,and I wasn't disappointed (HOT) ;) His mate Grace,,she is everything a female Alpha should be one of my favourite characters that I have read in a while,,hope Nina takes note,,Grrrrr.
As For Nina m'chshanigan waniggans,,etc she has been the reason that I have missed out a star in all my ratings of this series,,I seriously can't stand her character soooooo much,,I have liked better Villians, she is immature/selfish/nasty and in th
Rhonda
I love this series

This was a great read from beginning to end. No one writes werewolves better. The perfect balance of hot sexy alpha werewolf and snarky smart heroine. Interesting family tension,crazy evil bad guy. The hero triumphs in the end. All in all a really great read.
Darcy
It was nice to read a book in this series where the couple doesn't have a problem with the mating, their issues were more with the larger story arc with the rogue wolves and petty jealousies.

When you first meet Grace she sure isn't the person that shows up later in the book. I was glad to see her go toe to toe with Cade when he would disregard her feelings, with Lex when he would try to be all big bad enforcer, and with Nina for just being Nina.

I was very glad to see the end of the war with Pell
Sally
Finally the story all fans of the series is waiting to read. The much loved Alpha of Cascadia Wolves, Cade Warden, finds his mate. Not expecting her to be his enemy's sister but when he sees Grace Pellini for the first time and takes that first sniff, he is bowled over and is so ready yo claim her.

This story has tension running through it as the war has been decreed and all packs are heading towards a final standoff where Grace and Cade are right in the middle.

This is a sexy hot read where chara
Netanella
Well, I really wanted to like this book much more than I actually did, but the writing was pretty horrible, in particular the sex scenes - which is straight up criminal - and the dialogue was stilted and corny.

Take, for example, when Grace refers to Cade's package as a "doo-dad" and then insults his size. No worries there, because a little later he returns the compliments by calling her nipples "juicy and puffy." What - like Kellog's Fruit Loops? Nope, more like the National Electrical Code, si
Meryl
one series in my read and re-read and re-read list.
Valentina
Oleta Blaylock
Finally we get Cade's story and what a shock it was to find out who his mate was. She is the perfect match for him and when you find out who she is you will understand why we had to wait for this story. This the the conclusion of the Pellini story and the war he starts. There are lots of tense moments through out this story but in true Lauren Dane fashion there is lots of hot steamy sex. The end of this arc is well done however you are left hoping to see these wonderful characters again soon.
Candace
Finally, we get to see Cade find love! After watching him love Nina and deal with the complications of living with Lex & Nina yet knowing Nina is not for him was heartbreaking so when Grace enters his life it's something to celebrate!

I love the complications of Grace's family and that story line, but seeing the love between Cade & Grace as well as the conflict between Grace & Nina was wonderful.
Chris
Another enjoyable read - so glad Cade finally found his mate ... Things move very fast in this series so I was glad for an epilogue
Emoore0916
Grace, grace, grace, it was something about our dear Grace that I had to learn to like/love. Nina has been my girl from the beginning of the series so anyone against i had to learn to like. All it was a great book just more of an up and down in getting to like the new character.

Can't wait for Jack and Dave's stories, hope they are after Megans.
Holly
Cade finally meets his mate, which I was glad for because you just feel for the guy from book one. But for some reason I just never really cared for Grace, not sure why. I think maybe it was never really clear to me that she wanted Cade more than just for sex, maybe its just me, who knows.
Frances McNeal
Loved the book. Again I felt like the story ended too quickly. The battle at the end could have been longer. After all the worry to get to that fight it all ended so quickly. Great series though so I have no regrets. I love the humor and love in all of them! Great characters and storyline.
Flien
Storyline was really hard to follow with a lot of characters being 'main character'. The beginning was pretty slow and boring, but at the end it sped up so much that it was over before you knew it. Overall not one of the better written books.
Jan
I really enjoyed Cade finding his mate and I really liked her. I glad she went off on Nina, Cades sister-in-law. She was tough just the way I imagined her to be and I was extremely happy for Cade. It was sad they had to move away from their pack.
Mollie *scoutrmom*
May 25, 2012 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of erotic romance
This story is not a stand-alone. Some of the characters are better illustrated in earlier books of the series. There is not as much world-building as one could wish.

The suspense plot is excellent.
Deb
Great story of the Cascadia pack. Loved the story between Cade and Grace, love at first sight :-)
Reading these werewolf stories show a close knit family and how they all work together and watch over everyone.
littledreamer
I ve been waiting for the lovely alpha to find his mate, and was not disapointed.
I think nina should have been put in her place by cade. he IS the alpha and has been a little to nice with her
Sarah Shaw
I was really disappointed with this book and I really wanted to enjoy it. Cade is one of my favorite characters and his book wasn't as good as it could have been. It felt rushed.
  • Cat Of A Different Color (Halle Pumas, #3)
  • Mated to a Wolf (Wulf's Den, #4)
  • Wolf Flight (Granite Lake Wolves, #2)
  • Trinity Bound (Redwood Pack, #3)
  • Summer's Caress (Wolf’s Heritage, #2)
  • Sweeter Than Wine (Brotherhood of Blood, #4)
  • Three Dog Night (Triple Trouble, #3)
  • Checkmate (Mates, #2)
  • True Mates (True Mates, #1)
  • Sanctuary's Price (Red Rock Pass, #3)
  • Isaiah's Haven (Legacy, #2)
  • Seduced by the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #5)
  • Into the Mist (Falcon Mercenary Group, #1)
  • Taming Samantha (Sea Island Wolves, #2)
  • Fall Fury (Devlin Dynasty, #2; Storm For All Seasons, #2)
Lauren Dane has been writing stories since she was able to use a pencil, and before that she used to tell them to people. Of course, she still talks nonstop, and through wonderful fate and good fortune, she’s now able to share what she writes with others. It’s a wonderful life!

The basics: Lauren is a mom, a partner, a best friend and a daughter. Living in the rainy but beautiful Pacific Northwest,
More about Lauren Dane...
Laid Bare (Brown Siblings, #1) Giving Chase (Chase Brothers, #1) Coming Undone (Brown Siblings, #2) Taking Chase (Chase Brothers, #2) Making Chase (Chase Brothers, #4)

“Love isn't enough so you have to work your tail off to make up that last twenty percent. Don't rely on love, rely on your head and your heart and the knowledge that working and being in love is way better than slacking off and having it all fall apart later.” 1 likes