Start by marking “Angels In Mourning” as Want to Read:
Angels In Mourning

Read Excerpt

Angels In Mourning

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  18 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
David Wind's 33rd novel Angels in Mourning, is a suspenseful page turning thriller following New York City detective Gabriel Storm in his relentless search for the killer of his best friend, Broadway Playwright Scotty Granger. Working alone and with the FBI, Homeland Security, a mafia connection, and the NYPD, Storm races from Hell's Kitchen to Broadway, to Miami's Little ...more
ebook, Ebook edition and Paperback (Amazon only), 414 pages
Published November 7th 2011 by Smashwords (first published August 21st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Angels In Mourning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angels In Mourning

Carly Odonoghue
Jun 12, 2016 Carly Odonoghue rated it it was amazing
I listened to Angels In Mourning on audible

Angels in Mourning is the first novel I have listened too by author David Wind despite Mr Wind having 32 other novels out already. This is because crime/detective books wouldn't normally be my kind of books as I can normally tell early on who the murderer is, but the story sounded too intriguing and good to pass up the opportunity. I'm so glad I did give it a chance as it's opened me up to another author and I define will check out more of his work.

Thi
Lori
Sep 12, 2016 Lori rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
Thourouly enjoyed this book. From start to finish. This is my 5th book by David Wind covering three different genres Historical, Epic Fantasy and Mystery/Thriller each and every single one of them have been great stories.

Well written, engaging, interesting and entertaining. You are sucked into the story immediately and all you can do is hold on for the ride. It's a mystery within a mystery. One new and one from the past. While I was able to solve part of the mystery before the end, there was sti
Paul
Mar 24, 2016 Paul rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The protagonist who is an ex marine special forces astronaut jet fighter pilot police detective framed for murder of his wife with a selection of sidekicks who are all nothing short of (racial stereotype) superheroes will fight one dimensional cackling villains to solve a murder case of Andrew Lloyd Webber killed before he could finish his next pop musical but not before doing the rewrite and saving girls from a child prostitution ring, all this whilst describing in ridiculous detail the most mu ...more
Aug 29, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Angels in Mourning takes a look the worst sort of people, those who steal a child's innocence for their own perverse pleasure. When Gabe Storm gets a call to come because his best friend Scotty Granger has been murdered Gabe vows to find the killer and get justice for Scotty. Little does Gabe realize that this case will span nearly 30 years as he hunts for a killer and will involve dealing with New York's organized crime families. Scotty's little sister was kidnapped when she was just 8 years ol ...more
Betsey Smith
Sep 09, 2016 Betsey Smith rated it liked it
Overall I liked this book. The basics of the plot were rather standard but the background was unique. You don't find many murder mysteries set in the theater world. It moved along quickly and had some interesting characters.

Gabriel Storm, the detective was likable and solid for the first half. He's motivated to find the killer of his best friend despite the trouble it causes him. His assistant/partner is an interesting character with an interesting name and history.

The problem with this story i
Monica Silberman
Nov 21, 2013 Monica Silberman rated it it was amazing
I read this when it first came out and just re-read it. I'm not a big fan of the hard boiled detective stories, but this one was very different. It was contemporary and it's main protagonist was really well done. He was hard where he was supposed to be, and warm at exactly the right times. His sidekick is-(you have to read about the sidekick) The plot was well paced and there were several spots that caught me completely off-guard. The ending, well.... it was surprising and great!
Tricia Defalco
Mar 04, 2015 Tricia Defalco rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I felt like I was reading an old crime who-dunnit with a private-eye leading the way. The characters were wonderful and well defined, as was the plot. The end had a great twist and I look forward to reading more of his works.
Lejla
Apr 28, 2016 Lejla rated it really liked it
David, you are now on the list of my favorite writers
Doreen
Apr 12, 2009 Doreen is currently reading it
Clear writing style. Local setting. Lots of character description. Frequent cliff hangers keep it moving.
David
Nov 23, 2013 David rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: favorites, thrillers
Very different from this author's other books, it was part mystery /part suspense thriller. And it was not only very good, but a cliffhanger filled romp!
Tammy Sabat
Oct 29, 2013 Tammy Sabat rated it it was amazing
Really cool detective story with a unique hero. Great Read!
Dennis
Dennis rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Gina Ortiz
Gina Ortiz rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2015
Devon Zimmerman
Devon Zimmerman rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2016
Roberto Scarlato
Roberto Scarlato rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Ellen Bloomfield
Ellen Bloomfield rated it liked it
May 12, 2016
Cindy AL
Cindy AL rated it it was ok
Nov 19, 2009
Karry Rosenblum
Karry Rosenblum rated it did not like it
Jun 12, 2015
David Wind
Nov 22, 2013 David Wind rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
S.J. Day
S.J. Day marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2008
Steff
Steff marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2008
Carolyn Injoy
Carolyn Injoy marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Rhonda L.
Rhonda L. marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Beppe DM
Beppe DM marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Hayley Elliott
Hayley Elliott marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
SQAGuru
SQAGuru marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Hanisha
Hanisha marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Marcia Murray
Marcia Murray marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
ElaineY
ElaineY marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Alex James
Alex James marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Koolaid
Koolaid is currently reading it
Aug 10, 2016
Jenn Ferris
Jenn Ferris marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Dale Furse
Dale Furse marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Leanne
Leanne marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Linda Williams
Linda Williams marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
David Wind has published thirty-eight novels including Science Fiction, Mystery and suspense thrillers. He lives and writes in a small village about thirty miles upstate of NYC, and shares his house with his wife, Bonnie and dog Alfie, a sub-standard poodle (email him for an explanation).

His newest release is the Sci-Fi fantasy series, Tales Of Nevaeh. The first book of the series, Born To Magic,
More about David Wind...