Start by marking “Who Likes Rain?” as Want to Read:
Who Likes Rain?

Who Likes Rain?

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  26 reviews
It's time to put on your rain gear for a rainy-day romp!

With spring come April showers. It's time to put on a raincoat, grab an umbrella, and head outdoors. The worms like rain, and so do the fish and frogs. But what about the cat and dog? In this lyrical picture book, one spunky little girl discovers just who likes rain--and who doesn't--as she explores the rainy-day habi
Published April 3rd 2007 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (first published January 28th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Who Likes Rain?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Likes Rain?

Hush! A Thai Lullaby by Minfong HoGuji Guji by Chih-Yuan ChenOne Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-GarciaShades of Black by Sandra L. PinkneyI Love My Hair! by Natasha Anastasia Tarpley
Chromatic Children's Literature
6th out of 142 books — 25 voters
Sense and Sensibility by Jane AustenPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenThe Princess Bride by William GoldmanThese Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls WilderThe Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim
Springtime
57th out of 60 books — 9 voters

More lists with this book...

Michelle McBeth
A little girl is disappointed at first because the rain is interrupting her outside play time. She contemplates all of the things that like rain such as flowers and frogs. Then she puts on rain gear and explores the rainy outdoors until the rain stops. Finally the real fun begins when she jumps in the puddles left behind.

Although the colors of the illustrations are a bit muted, they are colorful and enjoyable to look at. The author asks a question and the answer is a surprise on the next page in
Jenna
There were a lot of things I liked about this book. I really appreciated the pictures, they looked like they were hand drawn instead of being drawn up on a computer. The author was creative in making the lines rhyme, and emphasized onamatopoia words for children to imagine the sounds and pictures in their heads. Most of the time, rainy days are dreary and sad but the author wants children to realize how much fun and happiness they can create.
Aleece
This is a cute book about rain that talks about the different animals that are out during the rain as well as what you can do in the rain, like catch raindrops in your hat.

A simple story with very nice illustrations that display things to do on a rainy day and all of the sounds of the animals that enjoy the rain too.
Kristine Pratt
A fun guessing game, illustrated perfectly that has all the sounds and experiences of playing in the rain, with a very satisfying conclusion that every parent will want to enjoy with their child (at least I hope they will....never become too grown up to play outside after a rainstorm). Loved this!
Meg McGregor
Little ones may not like the rain because it may keep them indoors but this book shows young readers that lots of other animals and plants need the rain to help them live!

Lyrical poetry helps make this book even better.
Erin
The illustrations are a bit on the softer side for me. The words and rhymes are good for introducing young ones to the joys of rain.

Good for toddler storytimes.
Michelle
this would be a great spring time ST book, if it weren't so small :-(
Camille
This is a non-story about a little girl exploring what living things like and don't like the rain.
I really enjoyed the illustrations of this book. What stands out is Yee's use of white space. You can really appreciate what he chose to draw and what he didn't and how he uses little window-like pictures to help a reader guess what's on the next page.

I used it with my cat-themed storytime even though a cat is only on one page. I don't think the storytime audience noticed!
Asho
The layout of this storybook is nice because each page has a rhyming description of some creature that likes the rain, but you don't find out what the animal is until the next page. So, basically, each time you turn the page there's a little surprise.
I wish the illustrations were a bit more exciting. They weren't quite bright enough to capture my baby's attention. However, the house in the book looks a lot like our house, which was a fun little touch.
Tessa
This is a about things that happens when it rains. It gives examples of animals that do like the rain and animals who do not like rain.

This would be a cute read aloud in the spring. I would would use it with PrK or Kindergarten students.
Denise
I wish this was available in a larger format for use during storytime. It's beautifully written and the illustrations are gorgeous. I would still be tempted to use it for storytime so long as the group wasn't too large.
Edna
Precious book with delicate chalk illustrations with a little girl who ventures out in the rain, dressed in her yellow slicker and boots, asking and answering the question, "Who Likes Rain?"
Kristin
This book is good for younger kids because it is rich with rhymes and repetition of sounds. It's about a young girl exploring the sights and sounds of rain. Illustrations are pretty neat too.
Samantha
This book shows kids that we need the rain and that some things and animals actually enjoy the rain. It also shows what doesn't like the rain. It's a really cute story!
Marie
This book feels like a classic, deceptively simple and yet elegant in it's telling. The illustrations are beautiful and fit the text perfectly. I wish it were larger.
Jenn
Fun to read - my daughter likes to "guess" who likes the rain on each page (although she knows since we've read it like 20 times). Nice rhymes, cute pictures.
Heidi
Cute. Way too young for Book Time. Fun rhyming and cute pictures. Good for a younger story time and lap-sit read as well.
Lora
Cute, sweet book with great rain sounds. Also a nice positive spin on gloomy days. Lucy wanted to read it twice today!
Chelsea
"Who likes rain even more than a duck?
More than a frog n the muckety-muck?"

A little girl explores on a rainy day!
Molly
This was the sleeper hit at my Rain storytime. The rhyming riddles were a fun challenge for the prereaders.
Melissa
Who likes rain? I do!!! And I'm so happy to have found a book that feels the same way!
Chrystal
My girls picked this one up again and again. We are definite puddle-jumping fans.
Angela
This book was adorable, a perfect read-a-loud book and perfect for where I live.
Olson Family Matters
Cute, but Madelyn preferred "I Love The Rain" by Margaret Park Bridges
Kirei
This is a really sweet book best read in the springtime.
michella
michella marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Rowan
Rowan marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Aiyah
Aiyah added it
Aug 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Mouse and Mole, Fine Feathered Friends Upstairs Mouse, Downstairs Mole Mouse and Mole: A Winter Wonderland Summer Days and Nights Fireman Small