Start by marking “Vampire Knight, Tome 3” as Want to Read:
Vampire Knight, Tome 3

Vampire Knight, Tome 3 (Vampire Knight #3)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  13,189 Ratings  ·  233 Reviews
Kaname, the pureblood vampire, has kept to his room since learning of Yuki and Zero's forbidden act. However, the arrival of Ichijo's grandfather brings the entire Night Class together to greet one of the oldest vampires on the senate. Ichijo's grandfather says he's there merely to visit his grandson, but he's out for Kaname's blood.
Published October 24th 2007 by Panini Manga (first published April 5th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Knight, Tome 3, please sign up.

Ayanna N. You can not read the books on good reads, but you can buy them on amazon or other places

Lola  Reviewer
Apr 07, 2015 Lola Reviewer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 1/2 stars.

Hmm... boring. I wasn't interested in the newly presented character - the grandfather - and I found the graphics lacking care and detail. But, as long as Kaname and Zero are in the story, I could never ''dislike'' it ;)
Arlene
Vampire Knight 3 is a great installment in this series. The intrigue continues to build in this book and we meet a couple more vampires that I’m still trying to figure out. I liked the back story of Yuki and Kaname that was included in this manga, and I can see now why there are many who are Team Kaname.

This book raises a few questions for me, including:
1. Why is Ichijo’s grandfather, who is the oldest vampire in the senate, after Kaname’s blood?
2. Why is Zero sent to hunt a Level E serial kille
Nic
Dec 29, 2010 Nic rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, manga
I have now finally decided..........ZERO ALL THE WAY BABY!

description

Now you bookers ~points to Tina, Kim and especially Arlene~ tell me Yuki ends up with Zero PLEASE!
Ivy
5 stars

Another good book in the Vampire Knight series. Still like the characters. Think mastered reading manga.

Can't wait to read Vampire Knight vol.4!!!!
Fangirl Musings
I LOVE me some character-spectacularness when it comes to my Shoujo. Plot's well and good enough, and we gotta have it, but nothing beats getting to spend just angsty emo-tastic time with our girl Yuki. Throw in some more time spent with Zero and Kaname and I'm all of the euphoric.

Interestingly Volume 3 spent a lot more time focusing on the world, with Yuki kind of feeling pushed to the background more often than not. She was front-and-center, but the story was more about her rather than being
Sebastre Desastre
Okay, okay. I kind of start to understand why I loved this manga series so much when I was younger. I'm starting to get a little bit more involved in the characters' lives again than I did in the first two volumes. I loved the childhood flashbacks the most (especially adorable little Yuuki trying to get dressed by herself).

Again, the thing that I deplore about this series is Yuuki's helplessness. Many people seem to be really annoyed by Zero's "emo-ness", but I think it's kind of normal for him
Michelle (The Crazy Cat Lady)
I felt sorry for Yuki when she (view spoiler), but she still remembers it and it hurt her a lot, all the same. What's-her-name still likes Kaname, though, and there's a new vamp girl who has already caused drama just during introductions (that I sense might be more competition who causes drama), not to mention Zero always ...more
Shannon
Oct 16, 2016 Shannon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2016
For some reason, this volume seemed really short to me. I think it might be because not much happened. The present day stuff had me feeling a bit disconnected. I didn’t get the big deal with the grandfather and Kaname. Also, I had no clue how to feel about Maria. She came off super sketchy to me. I did love the flashbacks though. It was nice to get some character development on Kaname’s end. The scenes where he visited a younger Yuki every year on her birthday was sweet. I could finally understa ...more
Farhin
Nov 01, 2014 Farhin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Please do not read this review if you have not read the previous volumes of Vampire Knight.

Volume 3 of Vampire Knight was more of a flashback volume, strengthening the backstory of the characters.

In the first chapter Kaname has confined himself to his room after becoming aware of Zero and Yuki's "forbidden act" (which was revealed in vol.2). (view spoiler)
In the midst of all this, Takuma
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall Rating: B+
Synopsis: Cross Academy is a prestigious private school with a secret. The student body is divided into two classes: the Day Class, which is made up of mortals, and the Night Class, which consists of vampires. Most of the students and staff at the school have no idea this is going on, and apparently think it's normal for a bunch of bishounen to hang out only at night. Despite this, the manga is pulled off well. It focuses on Yuki Cross, adopted daughter of the headmaster, and
Moriah Venable
In this third volume of the Vampire Knight, Zero and Yuki are still keeping their forbidden act a secret (Zero feed from Yuki), causing Kaname to keep to his room and his fellow Night classmates to wonder what is wrong with him. With the arrival of the Grandfather of fellow classmate, Ichijo who says he is just there to see how his grandfather is doing, it appears he is actually there to keep in eye on Kaname.

Also we see flashbacks to when Zero had first met Kaname (all are younger) recognizing
Alex
Aug 20, 2012 Alex rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
The sexual tension continues to ooze from every page. Hino is an absolute master of showing everything and nothing, creating incredibly erotic situations that occasional erupt into graphic blood feeding encounters that are highly ambiguous in nature and perhaps even a little morally problematic (like all good Vampire fiction!). In other words - it's s still fucking hot.

The steady build of the central plot at the moment is simply introducing new characters and hinting at enmities and rivalries t
Sara Thompson
Jun 14, 2012 Sara Thompson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Manga – it’s special and different when compared to American comics/stories. Manga borders on the silly while having serious moments. This one is no exception. I loved it.

Yuki is the adopted daughter of the headmaster of a special boarding school. The day classes are fairly normal but at night a different set of students come to learn and they are vampires.

Yuki works as the special guardian with Zero. Their job is to keep the vampires a secret and prevent them from harming the human stude
Sara
I just love this manga series! I savored this one, looking at all the pictures. It's such a good story. I'm not in High School anymore, but I still love these books.

What was great about this one is that there were plenty of flashbacks with Yuki when she was younger, filling in gaps and rounding out her personality. Also, a couple of new characters appeared in the book - got to watch out for them, they're not quite on the up-and-up.

Love the sidebars that the author puts in periodically. One of th
Yvensong
I had enjoyed the first two volumes a lot more than this one. For some reason, I found this one a little boring. Maybe because I read it so late last night, but I don't think that was the only reason. I didn't find the artwork up to the same level as the first two volumes. The character development didn't feel as though it grew much deeper, especially Yuuki. She just seemed too helpless in this volume.
Kashmir
Aug 31, 2014 Kashmir rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fue extremadamente lindo leer el pasado de los personajes principales ¡Yuuki era tan tierna! Ojalá le volviera a prestar atención a Kaname, la soledad de él me parte en dos ):
Wondra Vanian
Feb 07, 2016 Wondra Vanian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I don't know how I became such a junkie for this series, since I HATE anime and all...

But I need more and I can't stop.

...and the extra chapter is so cute.
Sumaya
Jan 11, 2013 Sumaya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the whole series gets 5*..... just because!
Nina Life of a Bookworm
Ah Kaname ^-^
Elijah Alexi
its great and awesome
Alya Atiera
Jan 12, 2017 Alya Atiera rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars, manga

The rating and review are conclusion for all of the volumes. Except for the synopsis.

Okay..... I AM SUPER DUPER ANNOYED. True, it's not that bad but the way this story end? Gosh, I cannot. Let's just say I'm not really satisfied with how it ends okay? I don't know how to say it. I didn't enjoy Twilight last time. I didn't really enjoy Vampire Knight too. Maybe vampire story is not really for me.

Hm, talking about the characters in this story. I could say Cross Yuki, the heroin, is a s

Bine
Jan 15, 2017 Bine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Die Reihe geht sehr spannend und humorvoll weiter. Bisher immer noch sehr unterhaltsam und die unterschwellige Vampir-Erotik peppt die Story zusätzlich auf.
Tiffany Oim
Jan 01, 2017 Tiffany Oim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many things are happening and so many questions that are only answered in Kaname's Head! Not fair!
Amy Keeley
May 01, 2012 Amy Keeley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of good vampire stories
Raquel Leite
Apr 06, 2016 Raquel Leite rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mangá, meus, inglês
Opinião geral : https://raquelcollin.wordpress.com/20...

A história passa-se no colégio Cross, uma escola especial que divide os alunos em dois grupos: A Day Class (classe do dia) e a Night Class (a classe da noite). O que toda a gente pensa, incluído a day class, é que a única coisa que os difere é que quando a classe da manhã saí para os dormitórios á noite, é altura da classe da noite ir para as aulas.
No entanto não é apenas isso. A Night Classe é na verdade uma turma exclusiva a vampiros. Um
Strangerealms
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Το τρίτο τεύχος ανταποκρίνεται στο επεισόδια 7 έως 9 και στις νύχτες 10 έως 14. Και ναι, η Hino είναι εκπληκτική σχεδιάστρια, πράγμα που απέδειξε από τα 2 προηγούμενα τεύχη σε αυτό όμως, δίνει ρεσιτάλ, διαχωρίζοντας του καλούς από τους κακούς με λεπτές γραμμές δεξιοτεχνίας αλλά παράλληλα, αναδεικνύοντας μέσα από τα μάτια του καθενός όλα τα συναισθήματα, θετικά ή αρνητικά. Ξεκινώντας με την επίσκεψη του Ichio στην Ακαδημία, παππούς του Ichijo, γεγονός που προκαλεί μια κάποια αναστάτωση, και μετά ...more
Lesedelfin
Apr 02, 2015 Lesedelfin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vampire Knight RP: Shiki Senri 2 7 Nov 02, 2012 03:05AM
  • Fruits Basket, Volume 21
  • Chibi Vampire, Vol. 05
  • Black Bird, Vol. 09 (Black Bird, #9)
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 3 (Rosario+Vampire, #3)
Name in Japanese: 樋野 まつり

Matsuri Hino was born on January 24 in Hokkaido. She was a bookshop keeper who one day decided to become a manga artist, and all of nine months later, in 1995, she published her first manga title, Kono Yume ga Sametara (When This Dream Is Over), in Japan's LaLa DX magazine.
More about Matsuri Hino...

Vampire Knight (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 (Vampire Knight, #1)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 2 (Vampire Knight, #2)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 4 (Vampire Knight, #4)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 5 (Vampire Knight, #5)
  • ヴァンパイア騎士 6