Start by marking “Under The Gun” as Want to Read:
Under The Gun

Under The Gun

2.5 of 5 stars 2.50  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  5 reviews
In this fun and fast-moving mystery, a novice poker player must win the world's biggest and toughest poker tournament in order to solve the murder of his brother, who was a poker professional. Original.
Published September 1st 2008 by Pinnacle

To ask other readers questions about Under The Gun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under The Gun

Andrew
Totally implausible yarn about the world's biggest and richest poker tournament (the bad guys use x-ray glasses to see everyone's cards),there are a few plot holes, too. But overall, it's pretty good. Not groundbreaking, but enjoyable. Particularly good for poker enthusiasts. This is the first entry into fiction for this author, who has written a few poker strategy books. There is a lot of "insider" lingo and situations that would make sense to someone who's had a least some poker experience.
Human Johnson
I love poker and I love crime books, so I thought this was a can't miss. It missed due to it being so far fetched. My main problem is how the main character evolves into a world class poker player literally overnight. On one page he's clueless, by the next, he's a genius. And the special glasses, cmon!
Boris
A great book if you want to understand Poker without going through boring text books. I started the book after meeting John Vorhaus and initially only read it to see what his books are like, after I got to know him as a great person. Now the book got me hooked on poker :)
Jessica J.
A bit hard to follow if you don't play poker (my case) but fast and entertaining.
Tim
Feb 20, 2012 Tim rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: poker
Still waiting on a good poker novel (aside from "Shuffle Up and Deal" of course).
David Long
David Long marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Bobo De la cruz
Bobo De la cruz marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2013
A
A added it
Aug 08, 2012
Larry
Larry marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2011
Cornelia
Cornelia marked it as to-read
May 16, 2011
Angela
Angela added it
Jul 11, 2010
Caitlyn
Caitlyn marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2010
Greg
Greg marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2009
John Vorhaus is known to one and all as the man who brought Radar Hoverlander – con artist extraordinaire – to life in the “sunshine noir” mystery novel, The California Roll, and its acclaimed sequel, The Albuquerque Turkey.

John is also well known as the author of The Comic Toolbox: How to be Funny Even if You're Not, and its acclaimed sequel, The Little Book of SITCOM, which continue to be defini
More about John Vorhaus...
The Comic Toolbox: How to Be Funny Even If You're Not The California Roll The Albuquerque Turkey Creativity Rules!: A Writer's Workbook Killer Poker Online: Crushing the Internet Game: Crushing the Internet Game