Start by marking “Indian Spirit, Revised and Enlarged (Sacred Worlds)” as Want to Read:
Indian Spirit, Revised and Enlarged (Sacred Worlds)

Indian Spirit, Revised and Enlarged (Sacred Worlds)

This fully revised and expanded second edition of "Indian Spirit," the bestselling Native American Indian picture-and-quote book, features a new foreword by Shoshone Sun Dance Chief James Trosper.
Published September 18th 2006 by World Wisdom

To ask other readers questions about Indian Spirit, Revised and Enlarged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Indian Spirit, Revised and Enlarged

Elisabeth Zguta
Oct 26, 2013 Elisabeth Zguta rated it really liked it
It was a great informative short book with brief statements from various Native American leaders and some rare photographs of them in their cultural dress. The statements all revolved around the Great Spirit and their thoughts about religion. I found it very inspirational, and learned a few things too. It was a good insight to see how the original inhabitants viewed the Europeans and their religion. Easy to read, well laid out, and beautifully illustrated.
Lisa Scheuplein
Dec 28, 2011 Lisa Scheuplein rated it it was amazing
I am about half through this sweet little gem. I love to see how the white man is viewed from the Indian perspective. I love to see how they humbly viewed the white man's God only to see a confused view as there were so many different flavors of churches and viewpoints to the "right" way to God. To the Indian, religion is like a wheel with spokes. All spokes lead to the center of the wheel, which is God. How you get to God is up to you, but it is all the same God. Beautiful.

Also, the Indian liv
Stacy
Jun 30, 2015 Stacy rated it really liked it
Excellent photo selections, not the stuff you see all over. Very easy read with some excellent prayers & blessings, as well as what other readers have mentioned in getting a perspective on religious issues from the tribal perspective. Makes me wish my comparative religion class in university would have included some Native American information, as it is striking how similar the basic tenants are to the other major world religions.
John Branney
Aug 18, 2013 John Branney rated it really liked it
Excellent little book with wisdom and perspective of Native Americans who witnessed the invasion of the Europeans. The Native Americans were treated harshly by the white settlers and uprooted from land they lived on for over 11,000 years.

Even though it is too late what we did to Native Americans, we can at least read their wisdom and learn from it.
Angela Dwyer
Feb 14, 2015 Angela Dwyer rated it it was amazing
A beautiful book filled with the philosophies of various Indian Chiefs, it highlights their way of life and what they based their ethos on that being "the great spirit"
Life for them was very simple yet they were happy, indeed there is a lesson for modernity to learn from these wise people.
Carol
Dec 10, 2011 Carol rated it really liked it
The Fitzgeralds chronicle a remarkable collection of Indian prayers and mores of days gone by. I read comparing their way of life to ours in the early days of settling this country which gave me a lot to think about
Hillary
Mar 18, 2015 Hillary rated it liked it
This book was very different than what I had expected. I had thought that i would be an analysis of Native American beliefs but it was more of a compilation of these beliefs. Interesting nonetheless.
Sherrie Davis
May 01, 2015 Sherrie Davis rated it really liked it
I liked this book. Very interesting to read how the Native American practiced their religion. And how they were urged to change to another.
Liz Fichera
Nov 28, 2012 Liz Fichera rated it it was amazing
Such a special book. Simple yet profound spiritual wisdom from 19th century Native American leaders. I loved every page.
Katie K
Katie K rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2014
Martin Jones
Martin Jones rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2015
Craig Denny
Craig Denny rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2015
Jeffery C
Jeffery C rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2012
Damali
Damali rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2014
Jenette
Aug 15, 2009 Jenette rated it it was amazing
This book gave me a greater respect for Native Americans and greater insight to the Book Of Mormon.
Keely
Keely rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2010
Catherine
Catherine rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2012
Ahmed
Ahmed rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2012
John
John rated it really liked it
Feb 29, 2008
Heidi The Hippie Librarian
Heidi The Hippie Librarian rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2013
Luna Lovegood
Luna Lovegood rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2016
Anubis Alvarez
Anubis Alvarez rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2014
Lara Frazier
Lara Frazier rated it liked it
May 28, 2016
Mark Ott
Mark Ott rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2012
Joshua Styers
Joshua Styers rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2014
Andy Nieradko
Andy Nieradko rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2012
Ryan
Ryan rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2014
Renetta
Renetta rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2015