Start by marking “My Mama's Waltz” as Want to Read:
My Mama's Waltz

My Mama's Waltz

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  4 reviews
"She was my best friend when sober and I was her worst enemy when she was drunk."
With stunning honesty, My Mama's Waltz brings to light the painful legacy of daughters of alcoholic mothers -- in the first book to focus solely on this fractured relationship. Eleanor Agnew and Sharon Robideaux share their own personal accounts along with the memories and experiences of hun
Published March 1st 1999 by Atria Books (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about My Mama's Waltz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Mama's Waltz

Teodora Grigorie
No review about this great book. Just the feeling that I am healed now. And really lucky.
Not sure I can write a review without getting emotional but this is an excellent book. It gives real life stories of what it is like to live in the home of an alcoholic mother, it doesn't judge or try to fix anything, it just tells it like it is. A good read for anyone who knows anyone who has experienced this.
Patti Best
I loved this book, but it is a bit disturbing in some regards. Made me really think about my own mother, but not all of those thoughts were good ones. I do, however, plan to give to my own daughter.
Vicki Davis
This was a book about daughters of alcoholic mothers. I thought the authors had some excellent insights, and it certainly brought back some memories for me.
Zakery marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Rick marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Samantha Crawford
Samantha Crawford marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Mandi Brunswick
Mandi Brunswick marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Joan Gjesfjeld
Joan Gjesfjeld marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Dawn added it
Jan 22, 2015
Michael marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Laurie marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Lori marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Lisa marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Nicole Glassman
Nicole Glassman marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Terry Pair
Terry Pair marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Ness marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Back from the Land: How Young Americans Went to Nature in the 1970s, and Why They Came Back My Mama's Waltz: A Book for Daughters of Alcholic Mothers