Start by marking “Stripped: Twenty Years of Secrets from Inside the Strip Club” as Want to Read:
Stripped: Twenty Years of Secrets from Inside the Strip Club

Stripped: Twenty Years of Secrets from Inside the Strip Club

Sex, cash, violence, greed... Nude women, crazed customers, degenerate owners, dirty cops, corrupt politicians... The dark underbelly of Sin City exposed. The premise for a hard-boiled crime drama? No, just another night at the strip club. The most amazing true account of the strip club industry ever told. Stripped is the first and only true life account of the strip club ...more
Published March 15th 2005 by Satsu Multimedia

To ask other readers questions about Stripped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stripped

Jessie
Jul 16, 2008 Jessie rated it it was ok
Though interesting, it was rather poorly written. The writer switches back and fourth between "short stories" which are actually pretty good in my opinion, and accusing you, the reader, of being stupid and pretentious by suggesting that you should basically already know this, but you don't, so he has to practically insult your level of understanding while explaining it to you.

Also, many many many errors are strewn throughout the pages that made it even harder to read, as I was distracted when w
I agree with the person that said the subject material was interesting, but poorly written. There was a lot of ranting and condescension. He automatically assumes (repeatedly) that the reader is against exotic entertainers and the exotic entertainment industry, which I think is a disservice to the book, his point, and the reader. Also, I felt the short story/novella at the end was completely unnecessary and it felt like filler, instead of just letting the book end.
Betsy
Feb 02, 2009 Betsy rated it it was ok
Recommended to Betsy by: amazon.com
This "insider" account of life in the infamous Cheetah Lounge is fairly repetitive, very butch and while interesting, kind of long. The "fiction" is like re-reading the first six chapters of the book in a much more concise format. I'd say skip it.
Katherine
Feb 02, 2012 Katherine rated it it was amazing
Stripped was a wild ride and really inspirational. I am "one of us," but not nearly as experienced as the author, and I found his insight and stories exciting and fascinating. The book could have been proofread a little more thoroughly, but I've certainly seen worse.

The novel portion (about the last third of the book) looked in the last few pages like it was going to have a terribly depressing ending, and I was dreading finishing it. The actual end was not quite as horrible as I feared, and the
Michelle
Jan 03, 2016 Michelle rated it liked it
2016 Reading Challenge-Book 7-Culture Book You're Unfamiliar With Category

This was certainly a culture or lifestyle I was very unfamiliar with. I mean of course I have a negative thought process on topless strip clubs. Wether it's providing fantasy or not; there is so much negative in this industry. From exploitation, physical abuse, drugs, cheating, fraud, bribes; really you name it. These clubs have the taxi drivers to our politicians in their back pocket due to the fact that money buys everyt
Heather
Jan 15, 2010 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I used to work with Brent at the particular club in question, and I can vouch for the fact that AT LEAST 75% of what he says is true! The 25% I can't vouch for...I probably just didn't witness first hand! Well written and I'm glad to say that I know him personally. He was often the only bright spot in any of the nights in that dark hole.
River Guru
Oct 02, 2015 River Guru rated it it was ok
While it was an interesting insider's view of the adult entertainment industry, the book was poorly written. Additionally, its contained spelling errors & typos. I really hope the editor didn't get paid much! In general the book was rather redundant and kind of dragged on. It still might be worth a read for the insider view, but after about 1/4 in just skim.
Eric Juneau
Eric Juneau rated it it was ok
Mar 06, 2009
Jill Chapple
Jill Chapple rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2013
Jessica Berson
Jessica Berson rated it did not like it
Oct 13, 2015
Kimberly Mills
Kimberly Mills rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2014
Dennis
Dennis rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2013
Steph Beeley Stephenson
Steph Beeley Stephenson rated it did not like it
Mar 07, 2017
Dean Taylor
Dean Taylor rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2009
Matt
Matt rated it it was ok
Jun 23, 2013
Darrel
Darrel rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2012
Jorge Pineda
Jorge Pineda rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2016
brandon olson
brandon olson rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2015
Robyn Lewis
Robyn Lewis rated it it was ok
Mar 15, 2013
Tchad
Tchad rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2013
Ericka Hawkins
Ericka Hawkins rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2013
Wauki
Wauki rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2007
Jesse Vavrek
Jesse Vavrek rated it it was ok
Feb 20, 2013
Teresa Shaft
Teresa Shaft rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2014
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2008
Ashvin
Ashvin rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2014
Karianne Smith
Karianne Smith rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2011
Allyssa Martineau
Allyssa Martineau rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Lynn Butler
Lynn Butler rated it it was ok
Feb 26, 2017
Cindi Burden
Cindi Burden rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2016