Start by marking “Fishing: An Angler's Dictionary” as Want to Read:
Fishing: An Angler's Dictionary

Fishing: An Angler's Dictionary

2.71 of 5 stars 2.71  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  2 reviews
A dictionary for constant anglers, weekend waders, and artful bobbers; a comprehensive wordbook of angler's terms for weekend waders and artful bobbers, this is something fisherman fall for hook, line, and sinker.
Published January 6th 1983 by Workman Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Fishing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fishing

elstaffe
This is definitely not the sort of book you can sit down and read straight through - it's best read in increments, perhaps one definition at a time. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, despite the fact that I am not (nor have ever aspired to be) a fisherman. I plan to gift this to a fishing relative of mine.
André
Cute booklet with funny illustrations and comments, designed like a dictionary.
Colton
Colton added it
Sep 24, 2014
FWFF
FWFF added it
Jan 03, 2012
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2011
A.J.
A.J. added it
Aug 26, 2008
Henry N. Beard (born ca. 1945) is an American humorist, one of the founders of the magazine National Lampoon and the author of several best-selling books.

Beard, a great-grandson of Vice President John C. Breckinridge, was born into a well-to-do family and grew up at the Westbury Hotel on East 69th Street in Manhattan. His relationship with his parents was cool, to judge by his quip "I never saw my
More about Henry N. Beard...
French for Cats: All the French Your Cat Will Ever Need Poetry for Cats: The Definitive Anthology of Distinguished Feline Verse Latin for All Occasions Miss Piggy's Guide to Life X-Treme Latin: All the Latin You Need to Know for Surviving the 21st Century