Start by marking “Entertaining Simple” as Want to Read:
Entertaining Simple

Entertaining Simple

Beautifully illustrated with more than 350 color photographs, a comprehensive guide to simple but stylish entertaining presents a host of ingenious but easy-on-the-budget party ideas, with a variety of decorating ideas, serving suggestions, table settings
Title: Entertaining Simple
Author: Mead, Matthew/ Simpson, Jill Kirchner/ Bacon, Quentin (PHT)
Publisher: John Wiley &
Published September 16th 2008 by Wiley

To ask other readers questions about Entertaining Simple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Entertaining Simple

Amy
Aug 20, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I "read" (aka - flip through and look at all the pictures) a ton of book on entertaining. Most of the books have my rolling my eyes at the authors insistence that you need six different types of plates with different china patterns and only the most elaborate recipes for a nice dinner party. This book is different. This is the type of book that most women my age can pick up and flip through and actually use. The ideas use only a few different types of serving ware ... all in white and are most t ...more
Kandice
May 07, 2013 Kandice rated it it was amazing
Shelves: domestic-bliss
I enjoy reading books on entertaining and prefer to get them from the library as I don't need to refer to them again. This is not one of those books. Mead is brilliant with sharing tips when starting a fine china collection and all the entertaining necessities used from a simple tea to a 5 course dinner.
I own this book and refer to it quite often. I think it would make a nice house-warming gift to a first-time home owner or a bride.
Jun 19, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it
This was a fun book on entertaining that emphasizes less expensive ideas. I love that while the recipes are good, he always gives a store-bought 'simplification' in case you're challenged for time. I liked the holiday-themed book a little better, since I don't know that I'll be having and (adult) tea parties any time in the near future. He's got some incredible deserts in here, though.
Kelley
Aug 26, 2008 Kelley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-own
This book ROCKS! Amazing ideas, some simple, some a little expensive, but super great ideas that are realistic for actual entertaining. Am adding it to my must-own shelf!
Emily
May 31, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it
I identify with the author's simple, understated style of presenting meals and the recipes themselves. Nice tips on how to use a few things many ways.
Lady Allison
This book has some really inventive ideas that I love for entertaining at parties & some really great organization ideas for the kitchen. It's definitely going on my Christmas list!
Renee Ramos
Mar 13, 2015 Renee Ramos rated it really liked it
A pleasure to look through! We enjoyed a number of the recipes we found in this book - lots of beautiful pictures to tempt us into trying out something new.
Karen!
Jan 23, 2015 Karen! rated it it was ok
It's pretty.

It's simple.

It's pretty simple.

There is not much to this book, but it is lovely and has some nice entertaining ideas for the beginner.
kookymonstta
kookymonstta rated it it was ok
Mar 25, 2014
S
S rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2014
Deloris Baker
Deloris Baker rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Mona
Mona rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2012
Marissa
Marissa rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2009
Alana Kelly
Alana Kelly rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2009
Carrie Hampton
Carrie Hampton rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2013
Ronda
Ronda rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2016
Brooklyn
Brooklyn rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2009
maggie
maggie rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2009
Courtney
Courtney rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2015
Tricia
Tricia rated it it was ok
Aug 15, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2010
Gloria Webber
Gloria Webber rated it it was ok
Jan 08, 2015
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was ok
Nov 22, 2011
Ashleigh
Ashleigh rated it did not like it
Feb 07, 2012
Sue
Sue rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2011
Hayley
Hayley rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2012
Shari
Shari rated it did not like it
Dec 13, 2013