Start by marking “Oh, Look!” as Want to Read:
Oh, Look!

Oh, Look!

3.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  151 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
The famous Polacco goats are back! In this playful interactive chant, three mischievous little goats find their way out of the gate (squeak, squeak, squeak!), over a bridge (click, click, click!) through some mud (squish, squish, squish!), onto a carousel (um pah pah pah, um pah pah!)...and right into the path of an angry ogre! Of course, they are happy to turn right aroun ...more
Published March 30th 2004 by Philomel Books (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Oh, Look!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh, Look!

Dolly
May 27, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We've been slowly working our way through Patricia Polacco's vast collection of stories. We recently read G is for Goat, somewhat to our girls' dismay as it is an alphabet book (and I think they liked it, even if they won't admit it.) So when I saw this book, I figured we might as well continue with the goat theme. The illustrations are very similar to the previous book and the animals are very cute.

This book is a goat-themed version of the classic children's song/story, We're Going on a Bear H
Randie D. Camp, M.S.
May 18, 2012 Randie D. Camp, M.S. rated it really liked it
Three goats go through the fence and out exploring while the family goes after them to bring them home. The illustrations are humorous and filled with beautiful patterns in signature Polacco fashion. My favorite scene was the squishing in the mud. The text follows a rhyme and pattern similar to We're Going on a Bear Hunt but Polacco's goats make the story her own.

Fun book for a read aloud with younger kiddos.
Lisa Vegan
This is one of Polacco’s goat stories; here, three of them take off and have a little adventure. This is one of her few titles for very young children, and what’s funny is that it’s also her scariest book. However, it’s not very scary at all. Mostly, it’s amusing and sweet. The illustrations are colorful and there’s a lot of repetition, but not so much that I found it irritating. There’s not that much to the story, but I think it will hold the interest of most little kids, and it would be fun fo ...more
Amy
May 15, 2014 Amy rated it did not like it
I thought the story was starting off well, but it is SO similar to Rosen's Going on a Bear Hunt, that it felt like a copy cat. It is sweet illustrations and personality to personable and familiar characters from the farm. While a familiar start, it became a little too abstract at the carnival and with the ogre, that my almost-three year old and myself didn't understand. I was surprised, but we don't enjoy this book.

However, it has excellent color illustrations, and room for rhyme and creative t
Ms. DiSerafino
Apr 04, 2016 Ms. DiSerafino marked it as to-read
This book helped us practice position words like under, over, through and around.
A McCavitt
Dec 30, 2015 A McCavitt rated it really liked it
Cute story. Three Billy Goats Gruff meets "We Are Going on a Bear Hunt".
Katie
Jun 14, 2014 Katie rated it it was amazing
This is a great picture book to read aloud to kids!!!
Barbara
May 06, 2008 Barbara rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Preschool - Gr 1
Summary (CIP): Three rambunctious goats escape through an unlocked gate, chased by alarmed shepherds, in a variation of the popular ditty “Going on a Lion (or Bear) Hunt."

REVIEW:

Booklist: Positive. "This exuberant version of a tried-and-true storytime favorite is sure to become a read-aloud favorite."

SLJ: Positive. "Polacco's signature pencil-and-watercolor paintings cascade across the pages, creating festive scenes and bright hues. An appealing introduction for children not yet ready for the a
Lee
"I love this book "
Josie B.
Jun 28, 2013 Josie B. rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime
In the same format as "Going on a bear hunt"', young goats sneak out the gate an go on an adventure. The repetition in the text encourages children to chant along and act out parts. I have paired it with Paul Galdone's "Three Billy Goats Gruff" for preschool storytime.
Janet
Feb 08, 2012 Janet rated it really liked it
Goats make for a good adventursome story and these three have great personality. There is effective use of repetition of a three line phase using a number of positional words. A fun way for preschoolers to encounter these concepts.
Marci
May 29, 2008 Marci rated it liked it
Great for younger children who are not yet ready for a longer picture book, this story of three goats who escape to a grand adventure is filled with fun language patterns that will tickle little kiddlies. Very, very fun!
Patricia
Oct 09, 2008 Patricia rated it it was amazing
Great kids book, featuring, Nubian goats which I raise and love. Sort of like Were Going on a Bear Hunt, but with Goats as the main characters making the journey. Very cute, great artwork. Love Patricia Polacco
Whitney Zollman
A fun repetitious book for a read aloud. This book has great illistrations and the little kids will love the goats.
Allison
May 04, 2013 Allison rated it liked it
I support independent bookstores. You can use this link to find one near you: http://www.indiebound.org
Carol
Aug 27, 2012 Carol rated it really liked it
Shelves: homeschool, 2013
I love the illustrations in all her books. Good review (repetition) of prepositions.
Diane
Jun 24, 2009 Diane rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids-books
A little rhymy. For smaller children.
Hailey Morris
Hailey Morris marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Charlene Mitchell
Charlene Mitchell marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Joy
Joy rated it did not like it
May 02, 2016
Constance Dinsmore
Constance Dinsmore marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Natalie Reed
Natalie Reed rated it it was ok
Apr 30, 2016
Junell Lawrence
Junell Lawrence rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Anija
Anija marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Lynn Snead
Lynn Snead marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Abby Tyler
Abby Tyler marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016