Start by marking “Seasons of a Mothers Heart” as Want to Read:
Seasons of a Mothers Heart

Seasons of a Mothers Heart

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  170 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Your life is a whirlwind of changing seasons that can just as easily exhaust as exhilarate you. Sit down, take a few moments, and allow yourself to be refreshed and encouraged by stories, insights, and lessons from a friend.

Sally Clarkson opens her heart within these pages, sharing what she has learned as a homeschooling wife and mother about herself, her children, and he
Published February 1st 1998 by Whole Heart Ministries

To ask other readers questions about Seasons of a Mothers Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seasons of a Mothers Heart

Trace
There is a reason that Mrs Clarkson is one of my very favorite authors. She speaks to a mother's heart like no one else. I speak with perfect honesty when I say that she has been my biggest mentor as a mother. I feel so blessed to have discovered this Godly woman so early in my motherhood walk! Her very words leap off the page and envelope you into a sisterly hug. This particular book was written with homeschoolers in mind, but all mothers will benefit from her godly, warmhearted wisdom.
Kristie
Apr 28, 2008 Kristie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: any mom of any age
This is an incredible book on the subject of Motherhood. I read it at least once every year. I think I started reading it in 2003. It basically describes the journeys of motherhood based on the four seasons. Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer. It provides hope and encouragement.
Patty
I loved all of Sally Clarkson's books! They were such an encouragement to me when I was home raising my kids. Now my daughter is reading "The Mission of Motherhood" and I am so glad that she gets to benefit from these books, too!
Michelle Polk
A great book for mothers and homeschoolers. It is read like a devotional but leads like a standard textbook for homeschool moms. If you need encouragement, this book is for you.
Lindsay
I was really encouraged by this book for the first few chapters- she spoke to real areas of difficulty in every mother's life. But as the book went on I gathered that maybe the author was writing through a lens that portrayed somewhat of a shallow understanding of the grandeur of the gospel. The true message of the Bible seemed a little shifted to focus on our righteousness being our own- instead of bringing us to the cross and the righteousness we have in Christ. Maybe I missed something. But I ...more
Erin Moore
My issue is more with the writing than the content. While she clearly divides the book into sections according to season, I did not get a clear idea of what was specific to each season. Overall, it was incredibly encouraging to hear wisdom from a seasoned homeschool mom. Her ideas were thoughtful and practical, and rooted in the Word of God. I would recommend it.
Kelliec
This is hands down the best homeschooling book for mother's ever written. Sally is a loving, logical, oodles of laughs Mom who has homeschooled her 4 children. This book intertwines the raising of her brood with her growth in the Word as Mother. There are many Seasons we have as homeschooling mothers. Sally has captured them all in this must read book. Grab a cup of strong coffee or tea, a sweet of your choice and cuddle up to be encouraged!
Amy Steiner
This was a great book, however, it started out strong, but towards the end I felt like it was becoming a bit repetitious. All in all, though, I enjoyed it and look forward to reading more from this author!
Jessica
Every mother, whether you homeschool or not, can relate to the seasons of life that Sally Clarkson covers. This book offers encouragement from someone whose walked the road already. I've already read it twice.
Lynnea
I have several pages of notes/tips/encouragement from this book - not to mention the highlighting inside! Definitely a great read - just take your time to soak it in!
Dana
Loved this book. This author is so sincere and genuine. Some really great ideas to help foster a loving and creative environment in your home.
Babs
I love her books! This one was just as good as all the others of hers I have read so far.
Amy
so much good stuff, love how she incorporates Scripture in each chapter.
Laura Rogers
It has been awhile since I read this one, but I very much enjoyed the read.
Joy Vanderley
Uplifting and encouraging!
Linda
encouraging!
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Krystal
Krystal marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Morgan
Morgan added it
Dec 10, 2014
Trina
Trina marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Cm
Cm marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Cambryn
Cambryn marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Mollie
Mollie marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Arlene Cruz
Arlene Cruz marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Bridget Grim
Bridget Grim marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Ellen
Ellen marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Jacquelyn Fairey
Jacquelyn Fairey marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
  • Educating the Wholehearted Child
  • A Mother's Heart: A Look at Values, Vision, and Character for the Christian Mother
  • A Charlotte Mason Companion: Personal Reflections on the Gentle Art of Learning
  • What Is a Family?
  • Instructing a Child's Heart
  • Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe
  • Good and Angry: Exchanging Frustration for Character …in You and Your Kids!
  • The Shaping of a Christian Family
  • Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches
  • The Core: Teaching Your Child the Foundations of Classical Education
  • Helper by Design: God's Perfect Plan for Women in Marriage
  • Books Children Love: A Guide to the Best Children's Literature
Sally Clarkson is the mother of four grown children who walk with God. She is the author of many books, including Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe and The Mission of Motherhood. She is the heart of her personal blog ITakeJoy.com, a popular speaker, and the director of Mom Heart Ministry, an initiative to inspire, encourage, and restore moms’ hearts to God’s heart for motherhood.
More about Sally Clarkson...
The Mission of Motherhood: Touching Your Child's Heart for Eternity The Ministry of Motherhood: Following Christ's Example in Reaching the Hearts of Our Children Dancing with My Father: How God Leads Us into a Life of Grace and Joy You Are Loved: Embracing the Everlasting Love God has for You The Mom Walk: Keeping in Step with God's Heart for Motherhood