Start by marking “The Silver Linings (Gables of Legacy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Silver Linings (Gables of Legacy, #3)

The Silver Linings (Gables of Legacy #3)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1,387 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
After a lifetime of emotional trials and heartache, for Tamra Banks this day brings a unique and almost impossible joy. It’s the long-awaited moment of her marriage to the love of her life, Jess Hamilton. But in this time of unparalleled happiness, Tamra and Jess will be plagued by challenges unlike any they’ve yet faced—challenges that will test the very limits of their f ...more
Published February 1st 2003 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about The Silver Linings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Silver Linings

Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites by Chris HeimerdingerPillar of Light by Gerald N. LundCharly by Jack WeylandPrincess Academy by Shannon HaleFire of the Covenant by Gerald N. Lund
Best LDS fiction
159th out of 503 books — 448 voters
Fablehaven by Brandon MullThe Goose Girl by Shannon HaleGrip of the Shadow Plague by Brandon MullRise of the Evening Star by Brandon MullSecrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull
Best of LDS Fiction
164th out of 272 books — 254 voters

More lists with this book...

Beth
Feb 19, 2008 Beth rated it it was ok
Shirley Brown
Feb 22, 2016 Shirley Brown rated it liked it
This is the third book in the series, and the story follows along with the death of Michael Hamilton and the coming to terms with that event with the gathering of family and how each member deals with the inevitable end of life for their father and husband. Good insights.
Gina Penney
Apr 18, 2014 Gina Penney rated it it was amazing
This one is my favorite out of the "Gables of Legacy" series I had to have a tissue box close by it's beautiful I so want to hold the characters in this story and comfort them! Beautiful!
Debbie
Jan 07, 2015 Debbie rated it it was ok
The first 75% of this book is so slow, you are basically just waiting for the inevitable which finally happened the last 25% and was so sad. Definitely a tear jerker at the end but the vast majority of this book is boring. Definitely not the best book of this series. Just kind of trudged through it to get to the end.
Cristina
Jul 23, 2008 Cristina rated it liked it
Recommended to Cristina by: My Mom
Karen Bing
Feb 23, 2008 Karen Bing rated it it was amazing
Another book from the series Gables of Legacy that I borrowed from the church library...this one was especially hard to read and was filled with so much emotion but it was powerful and moving and soooooooo good!!! I had to get the next two as soon as I finished this one!!! these need to be made into a movie!!
Cheryl
Mar 28, 2010 Cheryl rated it liked it
Shelves: lds-authors
This books was sad, but like all of Stansfield's books the characters grow from their experiences. I'm finding that the books are getting a little bit repetitive. I like them, but probably shouldn't read them all one right after another.
Ashley
May 14, 2012 Ashley rated it it was amazing
I Love this series. It is an amazing series so far. I thought that the first two were good. This one is sad. I mean it has death and life in it. It shows the love of two people.
SEX SCENES:
None
LANGUAGE:
None
i love it. Read it....
Anna Lisby
Oct 02, 2009 Anna Lisby rated it liked it
Shelves: lds-fiction
I really enjoyed the series with Jess and Tamra. I enjoyed seeing the thoughts as different characters struggled to deal with a challenge facing all of them. It makes me wonder how I would do... Quick read - entertaining.
Stephanie
May 28, 2010 Stephanie rated it liked it
it was good and uplifting just very sad. michael Hamilton is dieing from Cancer its just hard to read about someone dieing especially when you've read about him so much and growen to love his charecter in previous books.
Robyn
Oct 30, 2007 Robyn rated it it was amazing
All of the Gables books in the series are fantastic. I just loved the ficticious family. When the dad died, I totally related! She just happens to live close and has spoken at our stake women's conference a couple times.
Maggie
The Silver Lining is the third volume of the Gables of Legacy. This is a remarkable story about personal revelation, the power of the Comforter, and a profound discovery about the meaning of eternal bridges.
Christina
Jul 25, 2010 Christina rated it really liked it
This book doesn't have a strong plot - no climax, no twists, no surprises. However, it continues the story of characters I really like. This book is emotionally draining to read!
Karina
Jan 19, 2011 Karina rated it liked it
I would probably give this 3.5 stars. I felt a little bored until the end. The end was very emotional and sad, but actually made the book a little better in my opinion.
Lynette
Sep 20, 2008 Lynette rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Be sure you have lots of Kleenex for this one! I was getting teary eyed standing in the lunch line and people were giving me weird looks. Just be prepared.
Michele
Nov 26, 2010 Michele rated it it was amazing
This book made me cry so much. I can't remember the last time, if ever, a book made me cry. Anita Stansfield has a great ability to write with the Spirit
Connie
Sep 23, 2009 Connie rated it liked it
Shelves: grade-school
It was interesting to see how applying the atonement of Jesus Christ can really elivate self appointed burdens in peoples lives.
Pam
Dec 19, 2008 Pam rated it really liked it
This novel provided insight into the family's supportive role in battling and dying of cancer in a dignified and spiritual way.
Eileen
May 10, 2008 Eileen added it
I love all Anita Stansfield books. I learn something about having faith through trials, from each book that she writes.
Tracy
Jul 22, 2008 Tracy rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I cried quite a bit because my favorite character of the series dies. But the book ended with a message of hope.
Kristen
Jul 27, 2011 Kristen rated it it was amazing
BEAUTIFUL book. Sad but good. I cried through just about the whole thing. Best out of the series so far.
Suzanne
Jul 29, 2011 Suzanne rated it it was amazing
She's so amazing! This series was awesome, I'm never dissapointed when I read one of her books.
Brooke Wallace
Aug 06, 2013 Brooke Wallace rated it really liked it
I love how each of these books picks up right where the one before ended. Next book!
Valerie
Sep 05, 2011 Valerie rated it really liked it
Very inspiring book and a tear jerker through about 175 pages. Great read
Kimberly Yates
Mar 09, 2008 Kimberly Yates rated it it was amazing
I actually hurt inside after reading this one.
Carolyn
Feb 04, 2008 Carolyn rated it it was amazing
This one is about losing a parent to cancer.
Ralynn
Jul 01, 2009 Ralynn rated it it was amazing
i loved this series
Michelle Llewellyn
Sep 28, 2010 Michelle Llewellyn rated it did not like it
RIP J Michael Hamilton :>(
Erin
Feb 03, 2008 Erin rated it it was amazing
Book 3 in the Gables Legacy.
Erin Morrissey
Aug 16, 2008 Erin Morrissey rated it it was amazing
Very intense!
  • Ariana: A Gift Most Precious (Ariana, #2)
  • The Topaz (The Bracelet Series, #3)
  • Silenced (Haggerty Mystery, #4)
Anita Stansfield, the LDS market's #1 best-selling romance novelist, is an imaginative and prolific writer whose romantic stories have captivated her readers.
"With sales approaching a half million, Anita Stansfield has clearly found a niche in this market," said Nicole Martin, Publicist for Covenant Communications. "Her popularity stems from her ability to empathize with and write about the issues
More about Anita Stansfield...

Gables of Legacy (6 books)
  • The Guardian (Gables of Legacy, #1)
  • A Guiding Star (Gables of Legacy, #2)
  • An Eternal Bond (Gables of Legacy, #4)
  • The Miracle (Gables of Legacy, #5)
  • Full Circle (Gables of Legacy, #6)