Start by marking “Warp: Labels Unlimited” as Want to Read:
Warp: Labels Unlimited

Warp: Labels Unlimited

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Warp is the first in a series of illustrated volumes under the title Labels Unlimited, surveying record labels whose innovative practices have stamped their identity on musical styles and shaken up the recording industry.

Since its foundation in 1989, Warp Records has become a synonym for futuristic adventures in sound and vision, from ‘intelligent’ techno to progressive hi...more
Published December 1st 2005 by Black Dog Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Warp, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warp

Nic Margett
A great book, I'm a big fan of the majority of Warp's output and this has given me plenty more ideas of what to hunt out and listen to. Being written in 2005, this lacks the more recent releases from the label, but there's still plenty of history worth reading about. The artwork and the design layout really add to the appeal too.
James
I have early nineties nostalgia and this book is filling a void within my scope of vision. I heard Squarepusher on NPR in 1995/6. It made my brain explode. I never got into jungle/drum'n'bass, but some of that IDM stuff is OK. I like Beans and Flying Lotus A LOT.
Gary Fowles
Not bad, but not exactly great either. Very surface, never manages to get to the heart of what makes Warp, Warp. Massively out of date too since it only goes up to 2005.
Chris S
Dec 06, 2009 Chris S rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ref
Gorgeous book. As a Sheffiled native that grew up on Aphex Twin etc, the book also has a deeper connection to me. Worth it just to see the brilliant label artwork too.
Samantha
this book was good and fast. not too exhaustive, just informative enough. good to hold, smelled ok, made me want to be a raver in the early 90s like nothing else.
Brandon
i love autechre and i like the 90's. i liked this book
Eddie
Great book of this monumental label
David
David marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Nelson
Nelson marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Vix
Vix marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Alan
Alan marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Anton
Anton marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Nikita Tereshchenko
Nikita Tereshchenko marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
Lyall
Lyall marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2013
Jojo Scoble
Jojo Scoble marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2013
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2013
Maricar Vixen
Maricar Vixen marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2013
James Welbourn
James Welbourn marked it as to-read
May 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Electric Eden: Unearthing Britain's Visionary Music The Wire Primers: A Guide to Modern Music Rough Trade: Labels Unlimited No Regrets: Writings on Scott Walker Fairport Convention and Electric Folk: Faber Forty-Fives: 1967?1970