Start by marking “Dear Little Lamb” as Want to Read:
Dear Little Lamb

Dear Little Lamb

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  15 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
When Little Lamb gets a letter from a mysterious friend, it seems innocent enough. But when Mama Sheep gets suspicious and tracks down lamb's pen pal, she puts an end to the letter writing in no uncertain terms! Now, how will this small, tender, fluffy Little Lamb find a friend?
Published September 1st 2006 by NorthSouth (first published August 24th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Dear Little Lamb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Little Lamb

Petra X
May 05, 2015 Petra X rated it liked it
Shelves: children, reviewed
Grooming for food not sex!

The illustrations in this book are superlative, and the idea of the story - a wolf becoming the penpal of a 'delicious' little lamb in order to eat him all up - is also excellent. The illustrations never let you down, but the story doesn't quite work mostly because it gets all pc about little ones not having friends that mummy doesn't approve of.

I get really fed-up with the pc element of modern children's books. I grew up on Little Red Riding Hood, Snow White, Winnie-t
babyhippoface
Jan 06, 2012 babyhippoface rated it it was ok
Little Lamb gets a letter from someone who says he wants to be his friend. How exciting! So Little Lamb writes back, and a pen pal-type friendship is formed. Soon, Little Lamb's new friend wants to meet, but in private. Little Lamb is unaware that the letters are from Wolf, who has been watching him through binoculars. Yep, Wolf wants to eat Little Lamb, and yep, this book is a metaphor for dealing with online predators.

Weird. I understand what the author was trying to do, and she did a pretty
Monica
Feb 04, 2016 Monica rated it really liked it
Loved the illustrations again the cover is what drew me to this book...the story is just as well done as the illustrations.
Jenny
Jul 06, 2008 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Thought this book was cute. I liked the illustrations, especially the little lamb--he was adorable! I am a big sucker for little lambs (especially since my maiden name IS Lamb!). The story left a little wanting at the end, though it was a fun twist to have the lamb family move to Australia, the wolf having been the one to introduce that idea in the first place. I also liked that the momma lamb was overprotective and kept her little lamb safe, since I too can be a momma bear when it comes to keep ...more
Samantha
Aug 16, 2012 Samantha rated it liked it
Oh boy! Umm...Wolfgang has a pretty cool name, but man, he's such a creeper! He watches the little lamb out of a telescope and writes letters to it. They become 'friends' and Wolfgang wants to meet up with (EAT) the little lamb. Fortunately, the parents get Little Lamb out of the country as fast as possible. =) Seriously though, that's creepy---wolves these days >_>
Tam
Jul 19, 2014 Tam rated it did not like it
Neither my 4-year-old nor myself liked this book. I think there were too many words/sentences to keep my child's attention, especially since there wasn't a great storyline.

Molly
Apr 25, 2011 Molly rated it liked it
A story about the dangers of anonymous pen pals...
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Filin
Filin rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2015
Zoe
Zoe rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2015
Lacey
Lacey added it
Oct 21, 2014
Andd Becker
Andd Becker marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2013
Alexandria
Alexandria rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2012
Patricia
Patricia rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2012
David
David rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2009
Molly
Molly rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2009
Elisabeth
Elisabeth rated it it was ok
Feb 13, 2009
Vivian
Vivian rated it it was ok
Dec 22, 2008