Start by marking “Pip” as Want to Read:

Pip (McCabe Sisters #3)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  883 ratings  ·  30 reviews
You’ve already met her sisters in Cat and Fen. Now meet Pip in this sparkling new bestseller from the queen of fresh romantic fiction -- fabulous, funny and full of sexy, sassy life.
Published July 4th 2004 by Arrow (first published July 28th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Pip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pip

It by Stephen KingShe by H. Rider HaggardKim by Rudyard KiplingC by Tom McCarthyFoe by J.M. Coetzee
T is for Title
48th out of 81 books — 35 voters
Rebecca by Daphne du MaurierMacbeth by William ShakespeareDracula by Bram StokerEmma by Jane AustenHamlet by William Shakespeare
One Name as a Title
217th out of 362 books — 134 voters

More lists with this book...

Emma Smith
What can I say? It's chicklit, but it's good stuff.

Very funny adlibs from the narrator, commenting on the progress of the story.

Fun book, with lots of stops and starts, looking at how and why someone would decide to go for a real relationship and risk complications, when other arrangements (and in pip's case, other appliances, apparently) can hit the spot.

The book is an interesting look at how two people who are so very different, could end up togehter.

And I read a lot of chicklit so if I say
Josephine Barly
I loved Pip. I loved her, and I could see her.
Sometimes Freya North may have a few issues with character development, but this book was not the case. This was Freya North at her best.
The plot was fun, the characters sweet, there was growth, understanding, steamy romance, a bit of drama, peeps on Pip's sisters, and so much fun.
I wanted to learn more about Pip as I read about Fen and Cat, and the wait was worth it.
This is a good example of chick lit, where characters are flawed, but there's gr
Mar 17, 2008 Anna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: julie
Shelves: chick-lit
I love all of the McCabe sisters & my favourite is always the one that I'm currently reading about. Freya North is also one of my favourite authors.
Ik had wat moeite met dit boek. Helaas. Deel 1, CAT vond ik ook al wat minder. Deel 2, Fen vond ik wel leuk. Deel 3, dus weer wat minder. Ik ben benieuwd naar het laatste deel, Zussen. Die heb ik al liggen. Toch ga ik eerst een ander boek lezen. Tegen het einde was het boek wel leuk, maar in het begin moest ik er echt inkomen en vond ik het soms wat aan de saaie kant. Pip draait om het derde zusje McCabe. Ze is clown en vanuit die hoedanigheid leert ze Zac kennen. Ik kan niet zo goed uitleggen, ...more
I don't particularly enjoy the chic-lit genre but I was looking for something light to read and this was perfect.
Great characters, predictable but funny situations and overall a decent plot.
The kind of book you can fall asleep for a few pages and pick it up again without having to go back and re-read the bits you missed. I read her other books Fen and Cat years ago as holiday reads and enjoyed all equally.
I will definitely pick up other books by Freya North.
Not a real big fan of chick-lit, I just had the read this after really enjoying 'Fen', another book in the same series. I wasn't disappointed.

Pip McCabe has an unusual life, she's a professional clown. But her in her personal life she is more demour. Always there for her sisters, uncle and the sick children she entertains, she doesn't like to let people into her life. Then she meets two promising men. The suave and handsome doctor, who turns out not to be quite as nice as his exterior, and the f
This is the third Freya North book I've read and it's the second that I've felt like I've learnt something interesting. From Cat I've picked up an interest (not sure how big an interest just yet) in the Tour de France, and now from Pip, getting a glimpse into the world of professional clowns, particularly Dr Clowns.

As an author she's starting to grow on me. Three and a half stars.
JG ~ Jezabell Girl & Friends
I read these books years ago and loved every one of the McCabe sister's stories.
Violet Gregory
The first Freya North book I ever was Home Truths, and based on that I went on to read Fen and then Pip. Pip was my least favourite - I didn't like the fact that the end of the story was so obviously announced right at the beginning (even though I was expecting a HEA I didn't want the anticipation stripped away quite so completely). And, one of the things I liked about Home Truths was there was some quite nice, quite raunchy sex in it. In this book, I just could not find the clown concept sexy i ...more
my first Freya North's book and i simply love it! :)
Reading this for my book group and I had already owned it for ages but didn't think it would be my book but I quite enjoyed it. It was a sweet story with some interesting twists and when haven't we all done some things accidently on purpose. It seemed quite realistic and hearing about the clown doctors was interesting. No I don't agree with the critics that the story should have focused on the clown doctors rather than the romantic entanglement of a clown and an accountant.
Kirsty Darbyshire

Jelly and ice cream kind of a read but it filled me up more than I was expecting. Not as predictable as I'd expected it to be - not that there's any chance that girl will end up without the right boy, but the way she got there wasn't quite as obvious as I'd imagined. Also I thought Pip had a little bit more depth to her than her younger sisters Fen and Cat who featured in Freya North's last couple of books.

Heerlijk boek om te lezen, losstaand deel van een serie over zussen, telkens vanuit een andere invalshoek geschreven. Geen hoogstaande literatuur, maar wel een boek dat je in 1 x wil uitlezen omdat je wil weten wat er precies met de hoofdpersoon gaat gebeuren. Ook al is einde voor de hand liggend, je wil het toch wel even zeker weten.
Juliana Graham
I didn't enjoy this as much as Pillow Talk but still a great story - like many of the other reviews have mentioned, I like the way her books tie together so often as I have read others by her in the past - a clever ploy as well, as it makes you want to read the other books to find out what happens to those characters!
My first and last Freya North novel. I had a thing for 'Chick Lit' books around about 2004-ish but then I developed taste in books and never went down that road again (I think)
I haven't got much to say on this book because I don't remember much about reading it, except I really liked Pip's tights.
Bekki Pate
I found this to be quite predictable, and not much happened - it seemed fleshed out with things that didn't really matter. Although I do really like the author and I am a fan of her other books, this one didn't really excite me
Kate Fearnley
While the Book is predictable "chic lit" I wouldn't dismiss the read, it's light hearted and towards the end i was willing Pip McCabe and Zac Homes to get there predictable ending. Easy summer reading!
A fun book about a clown. Its a great book for when you don't feel like getting into a deep book but want to read something quirky!
Claire Barry-murphy
A very below par chick lit, everything very predictable and the story getting to the predictable ending wasn't particularly interesting.
Got this book free with Cosmopolitan magazine a few years ago, it was alright but nothing special from what I remember.
I loved Pip, she is a kooky character and I really wanted things to work out for her. Easy, enjoyable read.
Started very slowly but then baaam and finished the book in one day ^____^
I loved it
Sian Taylor
Jul 28, 2011 Sian Taylor added it
Shelves: chick-lit
Easy summer reading. Bit predictable, but then it's not rocket science.
Boring! The author voice over was particularly annoying.
Great characters - gd fun and gd modern romance.
That's it, no more Freya North for me
Fun. Easy read. Good "change of world".
  • Wild Oats
  • City Lives
  • The Last Lighthouse Keeper
  • Four Play (Lodes Chronicles, #3)
  • Always the Bridesmaid
  • Tall Poppies
  • First Term at Trebizon (Trebizon, #1)
  • Good Evening, Mrs Craven: The Wartime Stories of Mollie Panter-Downes
  • Operation Sunshine
  • Living Dangerously
  • Sun at Midnight
  • Summer of Secrets
  • Just Henry
  • The Vampire Archives
  • The Alphabet Game: Part Two - F to K. (The Alpha Series, #1.2)
  • Daughters of Liverpool (Campion family, #2)
Freya North is the author of many bestselling novels which have been translated into numerous languages. She was born in London but lives in rural Hertfordshire, where she writes from a stable in her back garden. A passionate reader since childhood, Freya was originally inspired by Mary Wesley, Rose Tremain and Barbara Trapido: fiction with strong and original characters. To hear about events, com ...more
More about Freya North...

McCabe Sisters (4 books)
  • Cat
  • Fen
  • Home Truths

“You do NOT fear your OWN ability to COMMIT. Just think about your unwavering dedication to your career, your notion of sisterhood and friendship. You are tireless. That is why we all lean on you. Because you are totally committed to the lot of us. You do not have a "fear of commitment" that's just an easy way out of all of this. What you have dearest one, is a deep seated and totally understandable fear of OTHER people's commitment to YOU.
I totally wholeheartedly agree, you've never been in love. Until Zac, you've chosen chaps whom you've simply liked but who have loved you. so when it's over, it hasn't hurt you.
Why have you done this, over all these years? I'll tell you why, because what YOU actually fear is being left by someone YOU love.
Your fear of COMMITMENT centres solely on another's commitment to YOU'It makes”