Start by marking “Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho, Vol. 01” as Want to Read:
Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho, Vol. 01

Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho, Vol. 01 (Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho #1)

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,847 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Mayu, the daughter of a cafe owner, is down-in-the-dumps unlucky in love--until she meets Puchyo, the magical fairy of beverages. Now, whenever Mayu drinks something, she transforms accordingly-milk makes her grow, water turns her invisible, and pork soup turns her into a cute little piglet. But what will help her win the man of her dreams?
Published June 30th 2007 by TokyoPop (first published October 6th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Pixie Pop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pixie Pop

Fruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
241st out of 656 books — 1,485 voters
Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri Hino
Best Manga Book Ever
494th out of 856 books — 3,204 voters

More lists with this book...

Sesana
May 24, 2012 Sesana rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, fantasy, comics, magic
This actually makes me pretty sad. I loved I Am Here! and was really looking forward to reading something else by Ema Toyama. But Pixie Pop isn't nearly as good. I suppose that the concept is interesting: Mayu gains the ability to change form depending on what she drinks. But she isn't really doing anything with it, other than stalking her crush. And she is fairly creepy about it. Whether you're a sparkling vampire or a temporarily invisible girl, it is not romantic to sneak into somebody's hous ...more
Guguk
Karena suka sama Bakpao Loncat , aku jadi pasang mata kalo nemu komik Ema Toyama-sensei lagi (^///^)

Gambar : 4.5 ...ya si Pucho, ya si Pamo-chan, ya anjing-anjing yang dijatuhcintai oleh Pucho --> ini semua terlihat empuk-empuk-menggemaskan! (ω)
Belum lagi pas si Mayu berubah wujud jadi (view spoiler)

Cerita : 2.5 ...yah~ abaikan kisah roman-anak-anjing masa SMP.., walau kadang ada momen-momen yang manis dan bikin mesam-mesem-mesum sendiri (////) //gakbisaj
Luna
Apr 03, 2016 Luna rated it did not like it
There is cute escapism and I let a lot slide in the magical girl manga genre (which this falls into) but nope Pixie Pip will not be a series I will continue with.
Rebekah
Apr 17, 2016 Rebekah added it
Shelves: reading-350
This book is a typical Manga. For those who are new to this genre, it is a Japanese book with sketches and words. Readers who are not familiar with Manga might think it is a comic book. Many times the artist is also the author of the book. The book begins at the back and works toward the front. Many Mangas are done in a series. This particular book is the first in a series. This book is this author's first published work. It is about a twelve year old girl entering middle school. The unique feat ...more
Sara Bennett
May 16, 2013 Sara Bennett rated it liked it
Shelves: library, ya, romance, manga, girly
After reading the description I was more than a little interested in this manga series. It looked cute and funny. In middle Mayu is the daughter of a cafe owner who had told a boy she liked him a bit ago. He asked who she was and embarrassed her soooo much. She's determined to get over him but it's hard when he sits right next to her and she keeps running into him. To make matters worse she's been stuck on a strictly water diet after drinking a strange drink accidentally.

It was meant for Puchyo
Laura (ローラ)
Mayu, while drowning her sorrows in soda pop accidentally drinks a special concoction that belongs to Pucchou -- a drink fairy. This special 'magical' drink was supposed to turn Pucchou into an adult. Now whenever Mayu drinks something, she transforms. Pucchou, heartbroken that she can never grow up, and Mayu, heartbroken that the boy of her dreams has rejected her, team-up to realize their dreams together.

This story is only 3 volumes long, which is the perfect length to create believable charac
Stacy Fetters
Nov 18, 2015 Stacy Fetters rated it did not like it
Shelves: sneaky-librarian
Thought I'd try something cute instead of a dark manga. And maybe I should just stick to the weird.
Didnt like this at all. Mayu was such a whiney annoying over the top transformer. Maybe do us a favor and disappear for good.
Christian
Jun 05, 2015 Christian rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
kayaknya gue memang punya kecenderungan menyukai manga-manga centil kayak gini. Pucho tuh lucuk banget! Kinda wondering, kalo cendol efeknya bakal jadi gimana yaaaa? Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~~~
Aubrey Hansen
Aug 29, 2014 Aubrey Hansen rated it liked it
While this manga has a cute concept, it's pretty run-of-the-mill shojo. Nothing too original in the silly romance department.
Tasia
May 28, 2012 Tasia rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, japan, romance
/sigh
It's a guilty pleasure, these types of stories. All sugar, sweetness, dreams, and magic, not to mention every lovesick character is 12 years old. I go to Pixie Pop when I need a dose of innocence and pink. That being said, it's not a very deep read and yes, there are "better" stories out there, I suppose. But come on. The adorable cafe, guys. The frills. The tea. Gah.
Margaryta
May 07, 2010 Margaryta rated it really liked it
EEK! Cuteness to a whole new level!!!! Loved the storyline - original, though the main girl character could have used just a bit of a touch-up to her personality.

The other girl, who claims to love Mai's crush - hate her to hell. She was what ruined the whole story for me, but I managed to read the whole thing. Loved it so badly, especially the art.
Astrud
Jul 08, 2008 Astrud rated it really liked it
Shelves:
a girl named mayu has accidentally drunken a special pixie drink that will turn a small pixie into a beautiful woman w/ extraordinary powers. this gives special powers too, in a way, when she drinks milk, she becomes giant, when she drinks water she becames invisble, and stangely enough, when she drank pork miso soup, she became pig!
Lilly
Mar 30, 2016 Lilly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, fiction, teen
so cute! classic tale of true love, but insted of a fairy godmother it's a drink pixie! i own the second and third volume, my sister owns the first.
Antoinette
Dec 02, 2008 Antoinette rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I got volume 1 and 2 for a dollar each. I like this series so far. They are mainly a filler, while I wait for a new Inubaka, but they were a pleasant read. I wish that the guy would be nicer.
Leigha
Dec 16, 2015 Leigha rated it liked it
I read this for the Book Riot Read Harder Challenge 2015. Challenge: 19. A book that was previously published in another language.
Dani
Jan 16, 2012 Dani rated it it was amazing
The pictures are adorable:) And the storyline is very interesting, it makes you want to keep on reading to see what happens.
Ling
Apr 30, 2014 Ling rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this manga. It was funny and heartwarming for me. I loved the magic.
Danielle
Oct 25, 2008 Danielle rated it it was amazing
Laugh out load funny with characters with very unique personalties
Elleine Fulgar
Nov 07, 2010 Elleine Fulgar marked it as to-read
i think its good but a lil childish love and strangness to me lol
Cait
Jul 21, 2011 Cait rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
It looked kinda stupid but its very cute and an original story
Leilani
Sep 20, 2008 Leilani rated it it was amazing
this book series is short, but cute!!!
Stephanie
Mar 18, 2009 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Boop love, love, loved this book.
Elisa
Sep 18, 2014 Elisa rated it really liked it
Manga is weird, you guys.
Meiling Chau
the best manga i ever read
Helena
Awesome!!!
Kadijatou Jammeh
awesome
TropicalRainforest
TropicalRainforest marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
oh no 1 1 Jan 18, 2015 11:00AM
  • Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 01
  • Cherry Juice, Vol. 01
  • Magical X Miracle, Vol. 1 (Magical x Miracle, #1)
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 1 (Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, #1)
  • Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 1
  • Kamichama Karin, Vol. 01
  • Saint Dragon Girl, Vol. 01
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 03 (Kitchen Princess, #3)
  • Sugar Sugar Rune, Volume 1 (Sugar Sugar Rune, #1)
  • Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 1
  • Ultra Maniac, Vol. 04
  • V.B. Rose Volume 1
Japanese Name: 遠山 えま

She made her debut in September 2003 in the monthly manga magazine Nakayoshi with her story, Tenshi no Tamago ("Angel's Egg", no relation to the anime movie of the same name). Gokkun! Pūcho is considered her best representative work. Tokyopop has licenced it under the title Pixie Pop. All of her works are published by Kodansha, and they are enjoyed mainly by preteen and teen gi
More about Ema Tōyama...

Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho (3 books)
  • Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho, Vol. 02