Start by marking “Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho, Vol. 01” as Want to Read:
Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho, Vol. 01

Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho, Vol. 01 (Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho #1)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  1,540 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Mayu, the daughter of a cafe owner, is down-in-the-dumps unlucky in love--until she meets Puchyo, the magical fairy of beverages. Now, whenever Mayu drinks something, she transforms accordingly-milk makes her grow, water turns her invisible, and pork soup turns her into a cute little piglet. But what will help her win the man of her dreams?
Published June 30th 2007 by TokyoPop (first published October 6th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Pixie Pop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pixie Pop

Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
245th out of 588 books — 1,226 voters
Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri Hino
Best Manga/Anime Book Ever
439th out of 890 books — 2,604 voters

More lists with this book...

Sesana
This actually makes me pretty sad. I loved I Am Here! and was really looking forward to reading something else by Ema Toyama. But Pixie Pop isn't nearly as good. I suppose that the concept is interesting: Mayu gains the ability to change form depending on what she drinks. But she isn't really doing anything with it, other than stalking her crush. And she is fairly creepy about it. Whether you're a sparkling vampire or a temporarily invisible girl, it is not romantic to sneak into somebody's hous ...more
Jenny
[Ch. 1-5:]

Well, this is an interesting series. I thought it would like a mahou, but it's not. It doesn't really focus on that..

Anywhos, I really liked it when she drank hot chocolate. That was really funny. I really liked how upfront she was towards him.. more shoujos need to be like that.

And I liked when she turned into a boy. I gotta say, the mangaka knows how to draw her characters very well.
Tasia
/sigh
It's a guilty pleasure, these types of stories. All sugar, sweetness, dreams, and magic, not to mention every lovesick character is 12 years old. I go to Pixie Pop when I need a dose of innocence and pink. That being said, it's not a very deep read and yes, there are "better" stories out there, I suppose. But come on. The adorable cafe, guys. The frills. The tea. Gah.
Margaryta
EEK! Cuteness to a whole new level!!!! Loved the storyline - original, though the main girl character could have used just a bit of a touch-up to her personality.

The other girl, who claims to love Mai's crush - hate her to hell. She was what ruined the whole story for me, but I managed to read the whole thing. Loved it so badly, especially the art.
Dani
The pictures are adorable:) And the storyline is very interesting, it makes you want to keep on reading to see what happens.
Ling
I absolutely loved this manga. It was funny and heartwarming for me. I loved the magic.
Helena
SOOOOO GGGOOOOODDDD
Sara Bennett
After reading the description I was more than a little interested in this manga series. It looked cute and funny. In middle Mayu is the daughter of a cafe owner who had told a boy she liked him a bit ago. He asked who she was and embarrassed her soooo much. She's determined to get over him but it's hard when he sits right next to her and she keeps running into him. To make matters worse she's been stuck on a strictly water diet after drinking a strange drink accidentally.

It was meant for Puchyo
Aubrey Hansen
While this manga has a cute concept, it's pretty run-of-the-mill shojo. Nothing too original in the silly romance department.
Astrud
a girl named mayu has accidentally drunken a special pixie drink that will turn a small pixie into a beautiful woman w/ extraordinary powers. this gives special powers too, in a way, when she drinks milk, she becomes giant, when she drinks water she becames invisble, and stangely enough, when she drank pork miso soup, she became pig!
Toni
Dec 02, 2008 Toni rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
I got volume 1 and 2 for a dollar each. I like this series so far. They are mainly a filler, while I wait for a new Inubaka, but they were a pleasant read. I wish that the guy would be nicer.
Danielle
Laugh out load funny with characters with very unique personalties
Elleine Fulgar
Nov 07, 2010 Elleine Fulgar marked it as to-read
i think its good but a lil childish love and strangness to me lol
Cait
Jul 21, 2011 Cait rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
It looked kinda stupid but its very cute and an original story
Leilani
this book series is short, but cute!!!
Stephanie
Boop love, love, loved this book.
Liz
Manga is weird, you guys.
Meiling Chau
the best manga i ever read
Munhjin Mi
Munhjin Mi marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Alayah
Alayah marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Maliea Mcfarland
Maliea Mcfarland marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Kate Tate
Kate Tate marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
  • Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 01
  • Cherry Juice, Vol. 01
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 01
  • Magical X Miracle, Vol. 1 (Magical x Miracle, #1)
  • Kamichama Karin, Vol. 01
  • Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 01
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 03 (Kitchen Princess, #3)
  • Saint Dragon Girl, Vol. 01
  • Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 1
  • Sugar Sugar Rune, Volume 1
  • V.B. Rose Volume 1
  • Ultra Maniac, Vol. 01
  • Mugen Spiral, Vol. 01
Japanese Name: 遠山 えま

She made her debut in September 2003 in the monthly manga magazine Nakayoshi with her story, Tenshi no Tamago ("Angel's Egg", no relation to the anime movie of the same name). Gokkun! Pūcho is considered her best representative work. Tokyopop has licenced it under the title Pixie Pop. All of her works are published by Kodansha, and they are enjoyed mainly by preteen and teen gi
More about Ema Tōyama...
わたしに××しなさい! 1 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #1) ココにいるよ!(1) (Koko ni Iru Yo!, #1) I Am Here! Omnibus Vol. 01 わたしに××しなさい! 2 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #2) I Am Here! Omnibus Vol. 02