Start by marking “Wake Me When It's Over” as Want to Read:
Wake Me When It's Over

Wake Me When It's Over

A hilarious new adventure from the author of On Second Thought.
Published January 1st 2005 by Covenant

To ask other readers questions about Wake Me When It's Over, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wake Me When It's Over

Alyssa
Mar 10, 2012 Alyssa rated it it was amazing
Really great book. Funny and quirky, Wake Me When It's Over is a quick read (I got it in the mail yesterday and finished it in three hours) and the pacing is *really* great. This is one of the best LDS fiction books that I have truly enjoyed and been glad to spend money on- most of the others I've read were just okay.

It wasn't the Great American Novel, but it had me laughing throughout. Eric's POV is refreshing and, once again, hilarious! I was hooked from the first chapter, and it didn't let m
Tina
Jun 16, 2008 Tina rated it it was amazing
This book is a comedy/mystery/romance. A refreshing break from the average Mormon romance literature. The main character gives his love-interest a ruby necklace only to have her kidnapped because of it. He bumbles through the book trying to keep her alive and to rescue her. A thoroughly entertaining read.
04KarleeM
Feb 28, 2014 04KarleeM rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-reviews
“Wake me when it’s over “, was written by Robison E. Wells in 2005. “Wake me when it’s over”, has 252 pages and was intended for an audience of LDS adults. In “Wake me when it’s over “, Eric, the protagonist, LDS, returned missionary, and Rebecca, Eric’s girlfriend, are being chased by terrorists.
Eric is in a new relationship with Rebecca Hughes and wants to give her a Christmas gift when he remembers the beautiful necklace and ring that he had found on his LDS mission. Eric gives Rebecca the n
Darla
Aug 13, 2008 Darla rated it liked it
(Genre: lds fiction, adventure/humor) This is a fun adventure story of average guy "Eric" who is interested in fabulous "Rebecca" and gives her a Christmas present that turns their world upside down. They are being chased by bad guys, all the while trying to understand why they are being chased and what they should do next. The story is told from Eric's point of view which is a little tricky because he always describes Rebecca as being so wonderful and intelligent. He doesn't share with us much ...more
Stefjo81
Feb 17, 2010 Stefjo81 rated it liked it
I don't think this fellow is a real great romance writer. No excitement over first touches, first kisses... I don't even think he talked about the first kiss. That part of it - for me - was horribly lacking excitement. (No Stephanie Meyers, if you know what I mean... haha)

However is language makes me laugh and keeps me entertained. If he could steer away from trying to add romance and stick with the humor/drama/suspense it'd go much better. The sequel to this one, the Counterfeit, is not nearly
Nellie
May 31, 2011 Nellie rated it liked it
Eric, a BYU student finally works up the nerve to ask Rebekah out and she ends up getting kidnapped. Fun, witty, but it was "to be continued"... What is that about? Now I have to find a sequel? This book was fast action, and kept my attention. East read. LDS author. I just hate when I don't know in advance that I need the next one. I read too fast to order it, or find it at the library. By then I'm off to another book. I need the whole series at one time. Oh, well!
Dorry Lou
Feb 08, 2013 Dorry Lou rated it liked it
I did not love this book but it was interesting. Eric was waiting to take home Rebekah from a concert she was in. He had met her in a class he was in and really liked her. When he went to pick her up after the concert he discovered she had been kidnapped! He tries to follow and finds himself lying semi-conscious in the snow. One event after another occurs as he tries to rescue her. It was an o.k. book.
Andrea
May 24, 2010 Andrea rated it liked it
I really loved the humor Robison Wells used in On Second Thought, and was happy to find some of that in this story as well.

Turns out that I've read the sequel to this book-not knowing beforehand that there was a sequel. Reading them in order probably would have bumped this up a bit for me enjoyment-wise, but it was still a good mystery/romance with humor.
Susan
Nov 24, 2009 Susan rated it really liked it
Fast-paced, intrigue, danger and mystery! After being kidnapped, coercion and drummed up criminal charges keep Eric and Rebekah on the run (mostly on adrenaline) through the Christmas holidays. They can't trust the police and the real criminals are on their tail. I kept asking myself "how was it going to end?" I especially liked the "Christmas carol" chapter titles.
Dan
Apr 10, 2015 Dan rated it really liked it
Funny and fast paced LDS fiction. When watching action movies or reading, I often think of what I would do when placed in similar situations because my LDS (Mormon) background would definitely inform my decisions. This book explores those themes.
Melanie
Jul 03, 2016 Melanie rated it liked it
A fun, quirky, quick read. This is a perfect summer book when you are just lounging by the pool or reading on your lawn. It had enough humor to keep you laughing and interested in what was going to happen next.
Nadine
Apr 15, 2015 Nadine rated it really liked it
A really fun, easy light read with lots of humor. Much of it is Mormon or Utah Valley, but clever, nevertheless.
Eric is a student at BYU, and has fallen for Rebekah at first sight. Circumstances lead to a first date, and the excitement never stops--starting with her being kidnapped.
Sheila
Jun 21, 2008 Sheila rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books you must read in your lifetime! The story is full of suspense, but the best part is the humor. You will long remember the funny parts months after finishing the book...that's good writing!
Scott Wright
Oct 24, 2013 Scott Wright rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Fun story. Great action adventure. The cover seemed a little dumb for what it was, but the story is worth the read. Rob's a funny guy. This was a cleaver book.
Nelsonrn
Mar 24, 2008 Nelsonrn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not usually into spy novels, but this one kept me reading. It's sequel "The Counterfiet" is also good.
Lisa
Jul 02, 2012 Lisa rated it liked it
It's a nice little piece of Mormon fiction. It's not funny like "On Second Thought" but I still liked it well enough.
Heather
Aug 12, 2013 Heather rated it liked it
Fun book with a bit of humor, suspense and romance. Much lighter than the other books I've read by Robinson Wells.
Tiff
Dec 31, 2008 Tiff rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a pretty fun book to read, very easy read. Locations are all around Salt Lake so it was easy to get caught up in the book, feeling like it was real
m0rGan
Feb 28, 2009 m0rGan rated it it was amazing
It was a phanomanil book filled with expense and romance. WARNING: once you pick it up you will be unable to put it down!!!
Liz
Jul 11, 2010 Liz rated it did not like it
sorry to my dear sister Mares I just couldn't get into this book but Nick read it and liked it well enough!
Tiffany
Sep 26, 2009 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Shelves: fun-easy-read
Even better than the first book. I don't know how he does it, but the author mixes silliness with high adventure. A delightful combination.
Marlow
Jul 13, 2008 Marlow rated it really liked it
Recommended to Marlow by: My wife
I quite enjoyed this book. The blend of action and humor created likable characters and really brings you into the story.
Julie
Jan 17, 2010 Julie rated it really liked it
Corny, but good fun...I guess you shouldn't say that when they get kidnapped, tortured, left in a warehouse with a bomb. But he had some great Mormon lines. I was entertained.
Sandra
Apr 18, 2008 Sandra rated it it was amazing
Totally loved this book! LDS, intense and fast-paced, without any bad words (they're pre-editted out by the author).
Ann
Nov 03, 2009 Ann rated it really liked it
This book was ok, I liked it enough to want to read the next one, It must just be the author because I so wanted the main character to "Man Up".
Valerie
May 21, 2011 Valerie rated it it was amazing
So fun and so funny. This is a wild and often hilarious tale of adventure, danger and love! It really was hard to put down! Looking forward to the sequel!
Pauline
Pauline rated it really liked it
May 23, 2011
Melanieblakepetersen
Melanieblakepetersen rated it it was ok
Jan 20, 2014
Joshua Chapman
Joshua Chapman rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Counterfeit
  • House of Secrets (A Shandra Covington Mystery, #1)
  • This Just in
  • Of Deadly Descent
  • City of Angels (Rhea Jensen, #1)
  • Aisling of Eire
  • The Believer
  • My Not-So-Fairy-Tale Life
  • Saboteur: A Novel of Love and War
  • Sheep's Clothing
  • Spires of Stone
  • Hearts in Hiding (Haggerty Mystery, #1)
  • Echoes