Wake Me When It's Over

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  215 ratings  ·  39 reviews
A hilarious new adventure from the author of On Second Thought
Published January 1st 2005 by Covenant

Alyssa
Really great book. Funny and quirky, Wake Me When It's Over is a quick read (I got it in the mail yesterday and finished it in three hours) and the pacing is *really* great. This is one of the best LDS fiction books that I have truly enjoyed and been glad to spend money on- most of the others I've read were just okay.

It wasn't the Great American Novel, but it had me laughing throughout. Eric's POV is refreshing and, once again, hilarious! I was hooked from the first chapter, and it didn't let m...more
04KarleeM
“Wake me when it’s over “, was written by Robison E. Wells in 2005. “Wake me when it’s over”, has 252 pages and was intended for an audience of LDS adults. In “Wake me when it’s over “, Eric, the protagonist, LDS, returned missionary, and Rebecca, Eric’s girlfriend, are being chased by terrorists.
Eric is in a new relationship with Rebecca Hughes and wants to give her a Christmas gift when he remembers the beautiful necklace and ring that he had found on his LDS mission. Eric gives Rebecca the n...more
Tina
This book is a comedy/mystery/romance. A refreshing break from the average Mormon romance literature. The main character gives his love-interest a ruby necklace only to have her kidnapped because of it. He bumbles through the book trying to keep her alive and to rescue her. A thoroughly entertaining read.
Darla
(Genre: lds fiction, adventure/humor) This is a fun adventure story of average guy "Eric" who is interested in fabulous "Rebecca" and gives her a Christmas present that turns their world upside down. They are being chased by bad guys, all the while trying to understand why they are being chased and what they should do next. The story is told from Eric's point of view which is a little tricky because he always describes Rebecca as being so wonderful and intelligent. He doesn't share with us much...more
Stefjo81
I don't think this fellow is a real great romance writer. No excitement over first touches, first kisses... I don't even think he talked about the first kiss. That part of it - for me - was horribly lacking excitement. (No Stephanie Meyers, if you know what I mean... haha)

However is language makes me laugh and keeps me entertained. If he could steer away from trying to add romance and stick with the humor/drama/suspense it'd go much better. The sequel to this one, the Counterfeit, is not nearly...more
Nellie
Eric, a BYU student finally works up the nerve to ask Rebekah out and she ends up getting kidnapped. Fun, witty, but it was "to be continued"... What is that about? Now I have to find a sequel? This book was fast action, and kept my attention. East read. LDS author. I just hate when I don't know in advance that I need the next one. I read too fast to order it, or find it at the library. By then I'm off to another book. I need the whole series at one time. Oh, well!
Dorry Lou
I did not love this book but it was interesting. Eric was waiting to take home Rebekah from a concert she was in. He had met her in a class he was in and really liked her. When he went to pick her up after the concert he discovered she had been kidnapped! He tries to follow and finds himself lying semi-conscious in the snow. One event after another occurs as he tries to rescue her. It was an o.k. book.
Susan
Fast-paced, intrigue, danger and mystery! After being kidnapped, coercion and drummed up criminal charges keep Eric and Rebekah on the run (mostly on adrenaline) through the Christmas holidays. They can't trust the police and the real criminals are on their tail. I kept asking myself "how was it going to end?" I especially liked the "Christmas carol" chapter titles.
Andrea
I really loved the humor Robison Wells used in On Second Thought, and was happy to find some of that in this story as well.

Turns out that I've read the sequel to this book-not knowing beforehand that there was a sequel. Reading them in order probably would have bumped this up a bit for me enjoyment-wise, but it was still a good mystery/romance with humor.
Sheila
This is one of those books you must read in your lifetime! The story is full of suspense, but the best part is the humor. You will long remember the funny parts months after finishing the book...that's good writing!
Julie Anderson
Corny, but good fun...I guess you shouldn't say that when they get kidnapped, tortured, left in a warehouse with a bomb. But he had some great Mormon lines. I was entertained.
Scott Wright
Fun story. Great action adventure. The cover seemed a little dumb for what it was, but the story is worth the read. Rob's a funny guy. This was a cleaver book.
Tiff
This is a pretty fun book to read, very easy read. Locations are all around Salt Lake so it was easy to get caught up in the book, feeling like it was real
Valerie
So fun and so funny. This is a wild and often hilarious tale of adventure, danger and love! It really was hard to put down! Looking forward to the sequel!
Ann
This book was ok, I liked it enough to want to read the next one, It must just be the author because I so wanted the main character to "Man Up".
Tiffany
Even better than the first book. I don't know how he does it, but the author mixes silliness with high adventure. A delightful combination.
Marlow
Jul 13, 2008 Marlow rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Marlow by: My wife
I quite enjoyed this book. The blend of action and humor created likable characters and really brings you into the story.
m0rGan
It was a phanomanil book filled with expense and romance. WARNING: once you pick it up you will be unable to put it down!!!
Lisa
It's a nice little piece of Mormon fiction. It's not funny like "On Second Thought" but I still liked it well enough.
Heather
Fun book with a bit of humor, suspense and romance. Much lighter than the other books I've read by Robinson Wells.
Sandra
Totally loved this book! LDS, intense and fast-paced, without any bad words (they're pre-editted out by the author).
Liz
sorry to my dear sister Mares I just couldn't get into this book but Nick read it and liked it well enough!
Nelsonrn
I'm not usually into spy novels, but this one kept me reading. It's sequel "The Counterfiet" is also good.
Lyndsey Kimball
So good. Clean, adventure bound. Funny and a quick read. Perfect for a fun Christmad read
Lisa Carlson
The author is a friend of ours. It's a gripping story - a LDS romance mixed up by the mafia.
Dtolley1
I like all of Rob Wells books. He is humorous in his writing, and darn funny in person too. :)
Colleen
overall interesting and kept me reading but not too suspenceful that I couldn't put it down.
Shawnee
It was an intense, laugh-out-loud, romantic book. I would love to read the next one.
Melissa Hunt
This was a pretty good, fast read. It is an LDS book. Not too shabby.
Pat
Fast paced with unexpected twists and turns (and a touch of humor) Loved it!
Variant (Variant, #1) Feedback (Variant, #2) Blackout (Blackout, #1) On Second Thought The Counterfeit