Start by marking “Four Things My Geeky-Jock-Of-A-Best-Friend Must Do in Europe” as Want to Read:
Four Things My Geeky-Jock-Of-A-Best-Friend Must Do in Europe

Four Things My Geeky-Jock-Of-A-Best-Friend Must Do in Europe

3.51  ·  Rating Details  ·  315 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Published March 1st 2006 by Darby Creek Publishing (first published January 1st 2006)

Be the first to ask a question about Four Things My Geeky-Jock-Of-A-Best-Friend Must Do in Europe

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsI'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterTwilight by Stephenie MeyerHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Best Teen Girl Books
439th out of 1,423 books — 2,159 voters
The Trouble with Destiny by Lauren MorrillBaby-Sitters on Board! by Ann M. MartinSammy Keyes and the Killer Cruise by Wendelin Van DraanenPlaying for Keeps by Joan Lowery NixonThe Mystery Cruise by Gertrude Chandler Warner
Cruise Ship YA
26th out of 33 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Stephen
May 17, 2012 Stephen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bought this lighthearted teen story as my tenth book in a ten for a dollar sale. While I didn't expect much I was quite pleased. The story is told from the point of view of a bright and snarky 13 year old girl on a trip to Europe with her mother.

It's generally fun and funny and has a series of good natured moments strung together. Its a fast and fun read with no dark issues, and at 157 pages it's worth the hour or two that it'll take to read. Plus it's wholesome enough for a 13 year old.

Yep, t
Tiffany earley
Jan 08, 2008 Tiffany earley rated it really liked it
Recommended to Tiffany by: one of my friends i go to school with
It is a good book so far. It tells you how close friends can really be. It also shows you how you how some families are so weird. Plus it shows you how Brady gets over personal problems.
Alina
Jun 23, 2009 Alina rated it really liked it
It was hysterical,
and absolutely true. Half the time you don't know if you should feel sorry for her or just laugh!
I know this stuff often happens overseas!
Anna Rose
Mar 06, 2014 Anna Rose rated it it was ok
Brady sets off on a cruise through Europe with her rather overbearing mother. Before leaving, her best friend wrote 4 things that must be accomplished on Brady's hand. They are #1. Write a letter to her friend each day. #2. Wear a bikini. #3. It must be worn in public. #4. Find a hot European guy. Along the way, Brady meets friends, tries to escape from her mother, and sees famous sights in Italy, France, and Spain.

This book is cute and fairly clean. However, there is nothing amazing about it. O
Kendra
Jan 25, 2010 Kendra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 10-grade
Anna
Oct 26, 2011 Anna rated it really liked it
“Four Thing My Geeky Jock of a Best Friend Must Do in Europe,” by Jane Hamilton is a phenomenal book. The book is so comical that the only way to describe it is in four keen details. The first detail about the setting is the book. The second detail is the main character in this book; the third detail is questions for the author. The fourth and most important detail why do I think the book is exceptional.
The setting of this story is broken up into three places; these places are the location of th
Ariel Wallace
Mar 22, 2014 Ariel Wallace rated it liked it
A great story for teenage girls. I heard it was a good book through the grapevine and thought I would give it a try. It was not very long and not a hard read at all. It is probably better for middleschoolers looking for a sweet, feel good book. For me, it was just another book with a happy ending, but it gave me a few good laughs. All in all, not too bad.
Madison
Jan 03, 2008 Madison rated it it was ok
ONE OF THE SHORT REVIWS

The characters in this book are Brady and Delia. Brady has long brown hair; she’s nice and very personal. Delia is blonde, nice but bossy to her best friend. Delia and Brady are best friends. In this book the 4 things that Delia told Brady to do were #1.write real letters to her best friend every day. #2 Wear a Bikini. #3…in public. #4 meet a hot Euro Hottie. In this book Brady writes to Delia every day and tells her about her day. The most interesting part of the book was
Marcia
Jul 06, 2013 Marcia rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, middle-school
A last-ditch read before heading into the weeded pile. A 13 year old goes on a cruise to Europe with her mom. The story is told in short letters back to her best friend in the US who has written a list of goals on her friends hand in sharpie. (Wear a bikini in public, meet a "code red Euro- hottie"...)There is a lot of talk about her blossoming figure, which as a geeky jock, she is not all that comfortable with. Funny in places, eye- rollingly predictable in others.
I'll keep it, knowing this wi
Elle
Jun 06, 2014 Elle rated it really liked it
Surprisingly excellent.
Brittany
Feb 09, 2016 Brittany rated it liked it
I liked it when I read it a long time ago. I was so eager to read this once I bought it at the book fair.
Sue
Nov 27, 2012 Sue rated it really liked it
came across this book (and it's companion) while i was shelf-shifting. we have been looking for junior high girly books so i decided to give these two a try. this one is written in letters to a friend about her adventures on a cruise with her mother. very reminiscient of angus thongs etc (whose books the girls in these books read!) cute and short which is how some of our students like their books.
Chi-Chi
May 30, 2009 Chi-Chi rated it really liked it
This book was so funny! I actually laughed out loud while reading it! It's a good reading book if you're waiting for something to come like a bus, or if you're traveling and you want to bring a book to read of some sort. This is after all, the book of Brady traveling. And to bring it somewhere when you're traveling and reading it about Brady traveling is kind of ironic don't you think?
Marilyn
Jun 27, 2008 Marilyn rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 8th -10th grade girls
This is Harrington's attempt to create an American Georgia Nicholson (Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging, et al.)It works to a degree, although never a LOL moment to be had, unlike the Rennison books. I'll probably read the new one as it's fast and easy. Good summer reading for those reluctant to pick up a book teen girls.
Chamera
Apr 12, 2011 Chamera rated it liked it
My Thoughts: This is a fun and funny light weight novel geared towards younger teens. I think of it as a cool down. Something to read in between a couple of creepier paranormal novels or to read when you just want to smile. It was really good and did exactly what I hoped it would. (Stop obsessing over HON characters).
Jonn
Aug 06, 2011 Jonn added it
Very educational insite the mind of a high school teen. Wish I had something like this to help me when I was IN high school. Funny hearing her thoughts and how she argues with self for her bestt friend when her frineds is not around. I would consider it a must read.
Seth
Apr 30, 2009 Seth rated it liked it
This was a good book :) I mean, it was definitely written for girls, and I only got it because it was free, but I liked it. It was interesting and funny, and I could recommend it to some girls out there. In fact, I am going to let one of my friends borrow it tomorrow :)
Katie K
Jun 04, 2008 Katie K rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya
Certainly not an earth shatteringly well written book but definitely entertaining, especially with the letter format. The supporting characters were a little flat but this book would be a great choice for a reluctant reader or for someone looking for a easy summer read.
Morgan
Aug 06, 2011 Morgan rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-to-burn
This book was okay, I wouldn't recommend reading it unless you were very,very,very bored. The main charecter was soooooo annoying, she whines all the time. Other than the main charecter having issues the book had a few humorous parts, the trekkie was funny.
Shicake
Jun 24, 2010 Shicake rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
This was the first book I've ever read in English. I have to say I really enjoy it and I loved how they kind if taught you different words in different languages, depending on where the girl (I cannot remember her name) was.
Oct 21, 2010 Sarah rated it liked it
I read this because my best friend pulled it off the shelf at the library and said your reading this and at first I was kind of like are you serious? But in the end I have gotta say that it's a great book
Erin
Sep 12, 2010 Erin rated it did not like it
This book was a little disappointing. I was excpecting a little teenage foreign romance, but all I got was a bunch of journal entries by this girl who went on a cruise with her mom. Wouldn't recommend it.
Kelseylethco
Jan 25, 2010 Kelseylethco rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-fiction
It's been a while since I've read it but I remember I loved it. The letters she writes back to her friend are way funny. It made me want to go on a cruise. I'm definately renting it again. :)
Keagan Walker
Dec 09, 2014 Keagan Walker rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
I thought this book had a laugh on every page. When I read the back of the book I was like, uhoh this sounds weird. But this book was HILARIOUS I don't think anyone could not like it.!!!!!
Hailee
Mar 04, 2011 Hailee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Any middle school girls
Recommended to Hailee by: ME
This book is pretty good. There is a girl who goes 2 Europe and her BFF tells her everything she has to do. IT is really funny. It is in letter format. I can't put it down.
Katelyn
Apr 01, 2013 Katelyn rated it liked it
Recommends it for: girls
Recommended to Katelyn by: me
It was a cute story, but it wasn't very long, didn't go into too much detail, and left me hanging. However, it did relate to typical teen life...at least the inner story did.
Vanekallie
Dec 29, 2008 Vanekallie rated it really liked it
I like how the author put it in letter form. I also like how she wrote it like a teenager would write it. It was a quick read for me though. almost to fast.
Jacqueline
May 12, 2013 Jacqueline rated it really liked it
Engaging teenage voice. Loved the way this character described her embarrassment in new social situations. The ending surprised me and made me smile.

Tessa
Jun 07, 2007 Tessa rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: traveling teens
This was a pretty good book. Maybe it's just because I'm going to Europe and the things that happen in the book emuse me, but I thought it was pretty cute.
Jenny Q
May 04, 2014 Jenny Q rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: teenagers
Shelves: no
the capitalizing of almost every single page was way too much. it annoyed me to no end. otherwise, everything else made it 4-stars.
  • Deep in the Heart of High School
  • Flavor of the Week
  • Poser
  • Juicy Secrets (Confessions of a Teen Nanny, #3)
  • The Fall of Candy Corn (Sweet Seasons, #2)
  • The Crushes (Heartbreakers, #2)
  • The Pillow Book of Lotus Lowenstein
  • My Mother Is a French Fry and Further Proof of My Fuzzed-Up Life
  • The Actual Real Reality of Jennifer James
  • A Girl Like Moi (The Fashion-Forward Adventures of Imogene, #1)
  • Lily B. on the Brink of Paris
  • How I Saved My Father's Life (And Ruined Everything Else)
  • Talk
  • Bleeding Hearts (Killian Kendall, #1)
  • My Cup Runneth Over: The Life of Angelica Cookson Potts
  • Tune in Anytime
  • Klepto
  • Some Girls Do (Love Stories For Young Adults, #11)
Jane Harrington has written four books for children and young adults (Scholastic, Lerner), and she is now crafting literary fiction and creative nonfiction in Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley, where she lives, writes and teaches college writing.
More about Jane Harrington...