Start by marking “Its a Job Not a Jail: How to Break Your Shackles When You Can't Afford to Quit” as Want to Read:
Its a Job Not a Jail: How to Break Your Shackles When You Can't Afford to Quit

Its a Job Not a Jail: How to Break Your Shackles When You Can't Afford to Quit

2.6 of 5 stars 2.60  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  2 reviews
More and more, in cubicles across the nation, loyalty and hard work seem to be a waste of time, and many people stay at jobs they hate only because they see no other option. Now, from the authors of "How to Work for a Jerk", comes a collection of timely and time-proven techniques for surviving in an office from hell without losing your cool, your sanity, or your job.
Published February 24th 1998 by Touchstone

To ask other readers questions about Its a Job Not a Jail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Its a Job Not a Jail

My wife got this from the library for me. I'm not sure why, I love my job, I mean except for the part where it sucks the life out of me. Other then that it's not too bad. This book, on the other hand, is that bad. Apparently sucking up to your boss will make you happier at work, who knew. I finished this book in just a couple of hours, it failed the 50 page test but I kept reading so it's my own fault. I can't recommend this book to anyone.
The book started out really good, and then lost momentum.

I found much of what it said to be true, but had a difficult time as the book is geared more towards people in corporate jobs and I am not currently in such a situation.
Cassie marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Brian marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Lisa marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Sandra Kay Hodge
Sandra Kay Hodge marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
John added it
Mar 23, 2014
Faye Oh
Faye Oh marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2013
Katz! added it
Aug 14, 2013
Karin added it
Apr 01, 2012
Corrie added it
Feb 02, 2011
Pavel marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2010
Zoe marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2010
Nikki marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2009