Random House Webster's Unabridged Dictionary, Deluxe Edition

Random House Webster's Unabridged Dictionary, Deluxe Edition

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Essential for every personal, professional, and institutional library, Random House Webster's Unabridged Dictionary, is the most affordable and comprehensive dictionary on the market. The book that Newsweek called "The best American unabridged" remains unsurpassed in clarity, relevance and coverage of new words.

Features:

• Over 315,000 entries
• Over 2,400 maps and illustrat...more
Published October 11th 2005 by Random House Reference (first published August 12th 1987)

Chris
I mean, yes, it's a dictionary. So I'm not really reading it, though I can't say I've read it. But everyone should have one, right? They really are fun to peruse every now and then. And this is the one I recommend.
LauraW
Well, technically, I haven't read this whole book, but it certainly does come in handy during Scrabble games. Since we like to learn new words, we bend the rules a bit and allow look-ups, provided that we share the definition.
James
I always keep this one next to the computer when I'm working on a writing project, along with the thesaurus - an authoritative reference that has helped me avoid some mistakes that would have been embarrassing.
Koltn
Sadly, I've read this book cover to cover. I skipped twelve pages in "K", though. It was, um, fun? Er... *tried desperately to think of a review*... Nice Work? Way to... dictate? You got 5 stars.
Snorkle
An unabridged dictionary is a must in every household. I got this book for my HS graduation and I think it's awesome.
Theshiney
i have yet to find another book with my two favorite words: callipygian and defenestrate.
Parveen Verma
Thom
Thom added it
Mar 09, 2014
Mohammed Qadir
Mohammed Qadir marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Jonina
Jonina added it
Jan 26, 2014
Rob Peters
Rob Peters marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Samar
Samar marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
Nilesh  L. Bajaria
Nilesh L. Bajaria marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Chinasz
Chinasz marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2013
Noha Fadel
Noha Fadel marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2013
Michaela
Michaela is currently reading it
Jul 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Magic Treehouse Midsummer Nights Dream Happiness to Go! (Boxed Set) Inside the Maze Runner: The Guide to the Glade Aesops Fables