Granite Man (MacKenzie-Blackthorn #4)

Granite Man (MacKenzie-Blackthorn #4)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  774 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Mariah had returned home to her sprawling Colorado ranch with nothing but a battered car, some clothes and a map for gold. And what she got was an ornery prospecting partner named Cash, with a chip on his shoulder as big as the Rockies and a past that was chasing him. Cash couldn't hide his distrust . . . or his awareness of her sensuality.
Published December 1st 1994 by Mira (first published February 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Granite Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Granite Man

Andyg.
“Hacía años que no veía una mujer tan atractiva. Largas piernas, pecho bien proporcionado, grandes ojos dorados, pelo ondulado del color del chocolate amargo, y un aura de vulnerabilidad que se coló por entre sus bien construidas defensas.” “Una sonrisa cambió el rostro de Cash de atemorizante a guapo.” “Tenía el pelo espeso, rebelde, de un castaño brillante, aunque algunos mechones se habían aclarado por el sol. Era bastante musculoso. Daba la impresión de estar acostumbrado a realizar trabajos...more
Andria
I read this book in the course of one sitting. I'd've awarded it five stars, but the ending was rather abrupt and there were a few things that felt like it made the book move too fast plotwise. Overall, I really enjoyed this one, and the characters were pretty cool, as were the details about hunting for gold. Both main characters had emotional issues to deal with, and both main characters seemed very real to me. I enjoyed this book tremendously.
Anita Fleming
Like a lot of Elizabeth Lowell's oldies, this one was entertaining, but scored a little high on the angst scale. Mariah was taken away from her father and the brother, Luke, she dearly loved. Mommie Dearest interrupted any attempt at communication between them. Mommie dies and evil step-dad dumps her out on her own. Mariah makes her way to the Rocking M ranch to reunite with Luke. She meets up with Cash, Luke's brother-in-law, and does not make a favorable impression on him. Cash thinks all wome...more
Christine
I have been disappointed in these books in this series after the 1st book. This was short, ended abruptly and was too similar to all the other books after the 1st one.
Maddux
3 stars. I took issue with the hero in this one.
Wendy Anderson-locke
sexy and somewhat predictable
Beth
Cash and ? are staying at her brother ranch. She has been abandoned by her parents and understands the need to feel trusted and accepted. Cash, bitter from his divorce, wants to NOT trust her but doesn't see the evil but rather trust and goodness. They pan for gold and share that passion together. Her pregnancy becomes the catalysis of his anger and his doubts about her honesty. Then trust and acceptance becomes their spoken language. Good book
C K
his series (Granite Man, Fire and Rain, Warrior, Outlaw) on the people of Rocking M ranch is fantanstic! This is an author that I have read a lot of and have added her books to my 'keeper' book shelf. Most I have read at least twice and some even more than that. Always in depth characters that anyone can identify with on some level.
Joan
I was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful story and the character development. I usually don't do a western romance so to speak, but this one has abit of everything, romance, tension, lost relative, lost treasure, beautiful scenery and older man, younger woman. Got all that and you got a really good read.
Jill
I can't decide which is my favorite book out of this series, but this was a little better. It definitely had a little bit more of an ending compared to Nevada's book, but I'm a little surprised Mariah believed Cash's quick turn-around.
Sheila
Loved this book. First time iv read a silhouette book now i'm hooked i buy everyone i see and cant wait to read the rest!
Lesli
Mariah and Cash in this one. Not my most favorite; but still a fun read if a have an hour or so.
Dana
Cash and Mariah

Cash is pretty unlikeable, bu I do like the Mackenzie series.
Karen DeCapite
great book!!! addicting! good thing it's in a series
Suziep11
Jill
Jill added it
Aug 14, 2014
  • The Diamond Tiger
  • Diamond Bay (Kell Sabin, #2)
  • The Lady and the Unicorn (Loveswept, #29)
  • The Rawhide Man
  • Contract Baby (The Husband Hunters, #3)
  • Joy
  • Montana Man
  • Dark Dominion
19051
Individually and with co-author/husband Evan, Ann Maxwell has written over 60 novels and one non-fiction book. There are 30 million copies of these books in print, as well as reprints in 30 foreign languages. The novels range from science fiction to historical fiction, from romance to mystery to suspense.

In 1982, Ann began publishing as Elizabeth Lowell. Under that name she has received numerous p...more
More about Elizabeth Lowell...
Untamed (Medieval, #1) Amber Beach (Donovan, #1) Die in Plain Sight (Rarities Unlimited, #3) Enchanted (Medieval, #3) Pearl Cove (Donovan, #3)