It's in His Kiss: The Epilogue II (Bridgertons, #7.5)

It's in His Kiss: The Epilogue II (Bridgertons #9.7)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  2,271 ratings  ·  66 reviews
What happened to the diamonds

If you've read "It's in His Kiss, " you want to know. Don't miss this charming and passionate addendum, in which Gareth proves that some things get better with age, Hyacinth gains new respect for her mother (with a daughter like Isabella she'd have to, wouldn't she?), and everyone learns that while diamonds are lovely, sometimes tenacity is a g...more
Published June 6th 2006 by HarperCollins

The Duke and I by Julia QuinnRomancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnThe Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia QuinnAn Offer From a Gentleman by Julia QuinnIt's in His Kiss by Julia Quinn
Best Avon Historical Romance
23rd out of 58 books — 60 voters
Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenAfter Forever Ends by Melodie RamoneIt Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsKiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella
Favorite Romances
252nd out of 487 books — 259 voters

More lists with this book...

Exina
Just lovely! After fifteen years of crazy but unrelenting search finally Hyacinth did it! Isabella – as she is just like her mother – instinctively knew what Hyacinth needed: she wanted to be the one who (view spoiler) And I hope Isabella will never tell her the truth...

Though the story is mainly about Hyacinth’s search, you also get a peek into Hyacinth and Gareth’s wonderfully happy marriage.
“Because I know you,” she said, feeling a smile growing inside.
Melissa
If only these epilogues were free or 99 cents I would feel more comfortable in giving them a higher rating. But, as always, I find myself forking over $1.99 and then reading a pretty sweet little story that feeds a little of my Bridgerton family addiction. Only at the end of the story I feel a little hollow inside for having spent $1.99 for a story that takes me all of a half an hour to read. Very disappointing! And yet, each time I find myself clicking on the BUY icon and starting the process a...more
Anna D.
Oct 07, 2012 Anna D. rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: hr
I have never disliked one of Quinn’s non-villain characters until Isabella St. Claire. I guess I didn’t hate her, but I did find her frustrating! This whole Epilogue was annoying – the only exception is the tender and sweet interactions between Gareth & Hyacinth. There was just no good reason why Isabella would keep the diamonds from her parents. Maybe when she was little, but once she was old enough to move out of the nursery it just seemed like she should’ve known better…and then to re-hid...more
Sheila
After I read all the Bridgerton books on my shelf (I need to get ahold of the ones I'm missing), I downloaded the "Second Epilogue" e-books, which take place any time from a few days after the book to years and years.

It was delightful to see these well-loved characters again, and to tie up some of the loose ends. I thought at least one of the endings was a little too pat, but these are really designed to be an indulgence for both the reader and the author, so I can't complain too much.
Carla *Jen7waters*
Sep 12, 2011 Carla *Jen7waters* rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Carla *Jen7waters* by: Elise
After all those years, they still got it. xD Plus, Isabella is lovely!
CrazyPenguinLady
This was... annoying. Don't get me wrong, I loved It's In His Kiss and I loved that we got to look at Gareth and Hyacinth once again in this sequel, and find out about their children and all. But the whole thing with Isabella having found the necklace and not saying anything when she was 8, then Hyacinth finding it and Isabella smiling to herself 12 years later, it just felt... ugh. It wasn't bad. It's just, why? I mean, why? Did there really need to be a separate sequel for this? I don't know....more
Adlina Haezah
I read this immediately after I read the whole novel. And after those years Hyacinth keep searching the jewelry when Gareth even deciding to give up. Well, it's almost heartbreaking to see how great Hyacinth hope to find the jewelry. And then her daughter is really love Hyacinth so that she seems willing to do anything for her Mommy. And I really wanna cry to see that family in such of perfect form.
Erika
The Bridgertons series marathon day XII, 14 down, mission accomplished!

What a great series!!! 14 books with wonderful stories, all kind of romances, unforgettable characters, and great times of laughing (also a little bit of crying).

14 books and I wished there were more books in this series. It was a rare thing I found a romance series which was so rich because it was much more than just romance or passion. It was the love in the family, and the Bridgertons had it all. Each book in the series n...more
Mer  (is on hiatus).
4 stars

In previous book, Hyacinth and Gareth metaphorically reached the brick wall because they yet to find the jewels no matter how vigorously and anxiously the stubborn Hyacinth who searching for it.

Even after they inherited they house. Even after for years, and years.

Gareth had given up completely but Hyacinth will never, yes she's crazy I know, and it had became her favourite sport; jewels hunting.

But she didn't know the jewels had linked to her daughter who is just like her mother.

The end o...more
Lori McD
Again, a most satisfying addition to it's main story... And I was so happy to see that Hyacinth was, indeed, blessed with a daughter that was like herself! And it was delightful that her daughter not only solved the mystery, but made it known in a way that was truly splendid.

And, of course, I love knowing that Hyacinth and Gareth are as passionate as ever, 22 years+ after their wedding.
Yui
It was a great read but after To Sir Phillip I'm not very excited with the last two novels. I know I felt the same with Eloise's story but I'm just not in the mood for multiple love interest right now. Francesca is a widow from a love match and the next romance is with the late husband's cousin. Gregory is in love with another girl too. Nope better quit(temporarily) while i'm ahead.
Regina
Oh, dear, this was delightful. I loved that Hyacinth is still the Hyacinth we've all grown to love in It's In His Kiss, loved that Gareth is still himself. I'm glad that this story has come full circle; it was great seeing their daughter!
Jessica B
Julia Quinn took such an important part of the original story and wove it perfectly into this epilogue. It was positively delightful!

Hyacinth's story was absolutely my favourite from the Bridgerton's and this extra little bit was amazing.

I really hop e that we get to see more of the Bridgerton offspring in future books!
Lea
Cute, sexy, funny. So far the best of the epilogues! Refreshing to see the love that these two still have after 20 years and of course the passion! And wow that was some passion!

Plus the bits about thier daughter and the diamonds helped to make this a really great, cute story and perfect ending for Hyacinth and Gareth.
April
Oh, I do love the Bridgerton Family! Each story is a wonderful romance with plenty of drama. A nice touch of steam to keep things naughty! Love this whole series and the epilogues!! And that Lady Whistledown is a hoot!! Such wonderfully engaging characters! Makes me wish I could be transported to that era!
Viohlet

ตลกตอนที่ Hyacinth นั่งคิดถึงแม่ตัวเอง .. กรรมตามทันมาก ๆ 555

แถมอีกนิดด้วยการหาสร้อยเพชร
Gareth น่ารักอ่ะ เป็นสามีที่ดีมาก ๆ เลยทีเดียว
Thenia
Finally the mystery of the jewels is solved! A nice conclusion to Hyacinth's search that begun before her wedding.

It's also kind of funny that she has a daughter "just like her". That certainly is something told by every mother to her children at one time or another...
Clare
funny/sweet ending. Isabella finds the diamonds hidden in the St. Clair nursery bathroom. However, she finds out in the end that her mother has been searching for them for many years and the diamonds end up with Hyacinth in the end.
marieno
I love Gareth and Hyacinth! There is a cute sex scene between them, Remember Gareth more? Sweet! I also wanted Hyacinth to find the diamonds but the way it happened screamed disappointment. I almost forget their daughter Isabella: BRAT!
Mary
A cute conclusion that ties up the loose ends involving the missing diamonds.
Cindy
Aduuhhh Isabel sama Ibunya sama aja, 11 12 :p. Kocak bangt ini, apalagi Violet yang ngetawain kelakuan anak dan cucunya. Love this so much...

Wow, si H ini selalu cerdik dan tahu segalanya ya, pikiranya main bangeeet, HAHAHAH sukaaa
Grace
This epilogue is 22 years later...A little disappointed, but it was a second epilogue. I guess I likes the original epilogue and would have liked to have left it at that. Always like knowing that our couples are still very much in love.
Trizia Quilala
Of course Hyancinth would find it! Ha! But I suddenly got curious of Isabella. I wonder if she ever used the jewels without Hyacinth knowing. Or will she ever use it? Ugh. I suddenly want to know her story. :))
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Married for over twenty years now, Hyacinth and Gareth are still very much in love and still unconventional. Their daughter is as opinionated as her mother. The St. Clair jewels have at last been found. Good read!!
Kris-10
A perfect companion to the first novel, it definitely satisfied my curiosity!!! Plus, I loved being able to "see" their children all grown up! I loved this book, my only qualm it how short it was!!! <3
Sababa
Did I ever think Hyacinth would feel sympathy for her mother? Well Isabella surely made sure. And I have to say, after all that, Isabella deserves her own story!! I am so intrigued by her.
Allison
It was good, but pretty unbelievable that a ten year old would keep a secret like that or that it would take her fifteen years to find the treasure. Not one of Ms. Quinn's best I think.
Katrina
"What Happened To The Diamonds?"
OMG... I'm glad I read the 20 page epilogue... It was a wonderful short read and gave me the ending that the actual book really needed !!!
Cathy
This epilogue to the original book was great fun. Hyacinth has been searching the house for 15 years, convinced her husband's grandmother's jewels are hidden there. Are they?
  • Storming the Castle (Fairy Tales, #1.5)
  • Where's My Hero?  (Gamblers, #3 / Brotherhood - MacAllister's, #4.5 / Splendid, #3.5)
  • Hero, Come Back
  • After the Abduction (Swanlea Spinsters, #3)
  • Devil Takes a Bride (Knight Miscellany, #5)
  • Clever John
  • The Marriage Wager (The Matchmakers #1)
  • The Wicked Games of a Gentleman (Boscastle, #4)
  • Surrender to the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #3)
  • What a Gentleman Wants (Reece Family Trilogy, #1)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and in 2001 she did so in grand style, competing on the the game show The Weakest Link and walking away with the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British an...more
More about Julia Quinn...
The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1) The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2) Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4) The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever (Bevelstoke, #1) When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)