JLA, Vol. 12: The Obsidian Age, Vol. 2

JLA, Vol. 12: The Obsidian Age, Vol. 2 (JLA #12)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  222 ratings  ·  9 reviews
In the second volume of The Obsidian Age saga, the JLA continue their mission to save Aquaman from his imprisonment 3,000 years in the past. But when Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Plastic Man and the Martian Manhunter go up against the Ancients, a powerful and vicious group of beings that predate time itself, each member of the JLA is mercilessly ki...more
Published October 1st 2003 by DC Comics (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about JLA, Vol. 12, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about JLA, Vol. 12

Kingdom Come by Mark WaidIdentity Crisis by Brad MeltzerJLA, Vol. 1 by Grant MorrisonJLA by Grant MorrisonJLA, Vol. 7 by Mark Waid
Best of the Justice League
53rd out of 70 books — 14 voters
Aquaman by Peter DavidJLA by Mark WaidAquaman by Steve SkeatesJLA, Vol. 3 by Grant MorrisonAquaman, Vol. 1 by Geoff Johns
Best of Aquaman!
19th out of 31 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Mike
Inventive, creative storyline. I don't know how to put my finger on why I find this so enjoyable. Perhaps it's the dialogue that Kelly infuses into the story - throws out the solemnity and infuses a sense of fun. I think it's also the amount of personality that he injects into the characters - they seem instantly vivid and every time they show up there's little confusion about motives and desires.

I think the art definitely supports the "fun" - the layouts aren't bombastic but are well-arranged a...more
Steve
In this thrilling and hectic conclusion to the Obsidian Age, the JLA are dead and have to re-write time itself to save everyone in present day Earth.

I liked the tone but the story gets jumbled with the events in the past and present. They should have done the past all at once instead of jumping back and forth. The soul saving thing seemed a bit too convenient and the story needed more action. We only get a few panels of action between the JLA and the Ancients.

Overall it was a nice idea, but it c...more
Justin
If you can get past the goofy time-traveling stuff, this one's pretty fun. It's the biggest epic of the series so far, and worth the long run.
Gemma
Me ha gustado muchísimo. Una historia interesante y compleja que trae consecuencias para todos los miembros de la Liga de la Justicia.
Angela
An ok end to the storyline. A tad involved but it worked. I especially liked the aftermath character moments, and the reasons why people may leave the league.
Jeff
Read my review for volume one, it carries over. You could do worse than this one, but you could do MUCH better too.
Declan
Really enjoyable. Really got a hold of the characters, and who doesn't see skeleton superheroes fighting.
Frank Taranto
The JLA return from the dead and the past to save the world. The stry was OK and the art was inconsistent.
Marcus
Engaging story, that could have been spectacular but ends up being somewhat convoluted.
Matthew Jaques
Matthew Jaques marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Cory
Cory marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Jyren Koh
Jyren Koh marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Gary
Gary marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
india_ink
india_ink marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
I Kill Giants Spider-Man: American Son Deadpool Classic, Vol. 2 JLA, Vol. 11: The Obsidian Age, Vol. 1 Deadpool Classic, Vol. 3