Is It Not Nifty? (Sluggy Freelance: Book 1)

Is It Not Nifty? (Sluggy Freelance #1)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  88 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Published December 1st 1998 by Plan Nine Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Is It Not Nifty?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Is It Not Nifty?

Gunnerkrigg Court, Vol. 1 by Thomas SiddellHark! A Vagrant by Kate BeatonGirl Genius, Vol. 1 by Phil FoglioLackadaisy by Tracy J. Butlerxkcd by Randall Munroe
Webcomics
146th out of 176 books — 59 voters
The Essential Calvin and Hobbes by Bill WattersonCalvin and Hobbes by Bill WattersonThe Authoritative Calvin And Hobbes by Bill WattersonCalvin and Hobbes by Bill WattersonThe Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson
Comics! Comics! Graphic Novels!
146th out of 197 books — 34 voters

More lists with this book...

CJ - Drop Dead Cute
I found Sluggy on accident.

I left Sluggy because it became too much to read on the internet.

I loved Sluggy in between.

I miss Sluggy.

If you get a chance to go back and read the first adventures you will find a wonderful funny blend of sci-fi geekdom. If you can't get into the plot - there's always a homicidal bunny ;)
Ruthie
I've been reading these online - didn't realize they'd been published as books! Not that I need to add more books to my to-read list for the year... but... anyway...going back and adding to the list for April since I started these last month :)
The other John
This is the first collection of strips from the webcomic Sluggy Freelance . The art is somewhat crude. The storylines are simplistic. Some of the gags are dated. But I continue to laugh out loud.
Wastrel
Very uneven - the best bits are OK, the worst bits are terrible. Very little sign of the bright future ahead, but then back in 1997 it must have been difficult to imagine anything meaningful about the future of webcomics.

Anyway, I don't have a review for this book itself, but I reviewed the first three books together over here on my blog.
phaedra lewis
There is a lot of promise of what the series will become, and the silliness is already there, though the story telling is a bit awkward as he finds a direction to go, but some of it is already very good and very funny, with entertaining, engaging characters. The art gets a lot better, and the storytelling is very good when it's good, and otherwise is a little jerky.
Fran
Classic early Sluggy fun.
Erik
Erik marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
John
John added it
Jun 09, 2014
Jane Bretz
Jane Bretz marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Dave
Dave added it
Mar 09, 2014
John
John marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Gifty
Gifty marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Alexander Murray-Watters
Alexander Murray-Watters marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
Maya
Maya added it
Dec 15, 2013
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
April
April added it
Oct 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Worship the Comic (Sluggy Freelance: Book 2) When Holidays Attack! (Sluggy Freelance: Book 3) Game Called on Account of Naked Chick (Sluggy Freelance: Book 4) Fire and Rain (Sluggy Freelance: Book 8) Yippy Skippy, the Evil! (Sluggy Freelance: Book 5)