Start by marking “Galactic Warlord (Last Legionary, #1)” as Want to Read:
Galactic Warlord (Last Legionary, #1)

Galactic Warlord (Last Legionary #1)

The Legionaries of Moros have been annihilated by an evil force known as the Deathwing. The only survivor was Keill Randor, a young but highly skilled warrior, who embarks on a quest to find the unknown being who leads the Deathwing. This is the first book in the "Last Legionary" series.
Unknown Binding, 127 pages
Published October 10th 1980 by Not Avail (first published August 1st 1979)

To ask other readers questions about Galactic Warlord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Galactic Warlord

Dirk Grobbelaar
Jun 19, 2015 Dirk Grobbelaar rated it really liked it
I came across a book titled Dag van die Sterrewind which I recalled from my childhood days. What I didn't know way back then is that it is just a translated version of Day of the Starwind and that it is, in fact, book three in a series of four. I'm not sure why the other three instalments weren't translated into Afrikaans. Seems kind of silly.

[Edit: after advertising my ignorance so freely I should just set the record straight. The other books were, in fact, translated as well.]

Anyway, since I h
Devin Simpson
Jul 23, 2013 Devin Simpson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book changed me.

I still remember the librarian stamping the card when i checked this book out of my grade school library. I was in 5th grade at the time with the attention span of a gnat, I mean Choose your own adventure books were a challenge for me to finish. We had library day once a week, as a class we all trooped to the library for a short presentation of any new books by the librarian and time to find books to check out and read. Honestly i'd have rather been out at on the playground,
Alexander Draganov
Feb 21, 2012 Alexander Draganov rated it really liked it
A thrilling beginning to a YA scifi series. It has everything a scifi fan needs - cool main character, member of an elite warrior group, big scale planetary action and an extremely evil villains. Although short, this book is told in the grand tradition of STAR WARS and I really can't wait for the sequels.
T. Bakutis
Apr 22, 2013 T. Bakutis rated it it was amazing
Galactic Warlord is the first in a series of short sci-fi novels I remember absolutely loving as a young boy, some of the first books that inspired me to write. Even reading it as an adult, the book has aged very well. The writing is tight, clear, and easy to follow, and does a great job of immediately making you root for its central character, veteran soldier Keill Randor. The way Keill is introduced and the plight he faces are an instant hook, and the start of this book ranks among one my favo ...more
Aug 06, 2014 Gav451 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I was ever allowed to buy. Its not long or complex but I am re-reading it for old times sake.

As an 8 year old this book was a revelation. I am re-reading the series because they are quick little books and just to mark the fact it has now been over 35 years since I read them for the first time. As a child we were not rich and my Mum and Dad giving me the right to buy my first book was a MASSIVE thing for me. I was so pleased and after reading it the famous Five coul
Jan 11, 2012 Robin rated it it was amazing
Keill Randor: Hardest Bastard in Science Fiction. I read the Last Legionary books literally to bits as a kid (I threw up on my first copy of Deathwing over Veynaa in the car, I was totally carsick and I should have looked out the window or something but I couldn't stop reading. Good times.) The series is pure pulp executed perfectly, full of kick-ass fight scenes and spaceship battles and man, I want to go read them all again right now.
May 17, 2015 Wealhtheow rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, ya, 2nd-floor
I loved this book when I was a child. Now all I can remember is that the main character is a tween-aged badass, last of a famed training technique that churned out the greatest warriors the universe had ever known. The Legionnaires are betrayed and the main character alone can avenge them, I think?
Sep 05, 2011 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nostalgia, sci-fi
I picked this up from the Bookworm club at school and really enjoyed it, though it took me several years to discover it was part of a series. At the time, I was a massive fan of Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica and The Black Hole and this slotted in perfectly.

A great read, good fun.
Feb 21, 2015 Karijean31 rated it really liked it
Thank goodness for journals. I apparently read this book when I was 13. I really enjoyed it then but 30 years later I can't remember the story. :)
Jan 17, 2012 Stacey rated it it was amazing
I read this over and over again as a child. Was one of my favorite books. If I could find a copy of this I would read it now. Was a lot of fun.
Jul 08, 2010 Aaron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Bought a whole pile of douglas hill books, which I remember enjoying as a young person. This is the first in a series.
Peter Tillman
Jun 10, 2016 Peter Tillman rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF. Lame YA retread of golden-age SF. inexplicable good reviews here. I don't think I would have liked these as a kid, either. Avoid, avoid.
Helen rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2016
Vishnu Singh
Vishnu Singh rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2013
colleen rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2007
Marc rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2012
Simon Fletcher
Simon Fletcher rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2012
Cheruv rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2015
Agustin rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2007
James Chi
James Chi rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2014
Barakiel rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2015
Jonathan Craig
Jonathan Craig rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2014
Jared Hemmings
Jared Hemmings rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2014
Shawn Hart
Shawn Hart rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2015
Jose rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2014
Richard rated it liked it
May 21, 2013
Richard Wolfe
Richard Wolfe rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2016
Chris Youngblood
Chris Youngblood rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2008
Floyd Hill
Floyd Hill rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2012
Starliner00 rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Battlestar Galactica 2: The Cylon Death Machine (Battlestar Galactica, #2)
  • Rosetta (Star Trek: Enterprise #9)
  • Return to the Cave of Time (Choose Your Own Adventure, #50)
  • Death's Angel (Star Trek Adventures, #15)
  • Surak's Soul (Star Trek: Enterprise #5)
  • Devil World (Star Trek Adventures, #12)
  • Last Full Measure (Star Trek: Enterprise #10)
  • Perry's Planet (Star Trek Adventures, #13)
  • Star Ka'at
  • Frankenstein's Monster: A Novel
  • By the Book (Star Trek: Enterprise #2)
  • Forgotten Suns
  • The Galactic Whirlpool (Star Trek Adventures, #14)
  • Classic Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
  • Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
  • Classic Star Wars: A New Hope
  • Doctor Who: Logopolis (Target Doctor Who Library, No. 41)
  • World Without End (Star Trek Adventures, #10)
Douglas Arthur Hill (6 April 1935 – 21 June 2007) was a Canadian science fiction author, editor and reviewer. He was born in Brandon, Manitoba, the son of a railroad engineer, and was raised in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. An avid science fiction reader from an early age, he studied English at the University of Saskatchewan (where he earned an Honours B.A. in 1957) and at the University of Toronto ...more
More about Douglas Arthur Hill...

Last Legionary (5 books)
  • Deathwing Over Veynaa (Last Legionary, #2)
  • Day of the Starwind (Last Legionary, #3)
  • Planet of the Warlord (Last Legionary, #4)
  • Young Legionary (Last Legionary, #5)