Start by marking “Corrie ten Boom” as Want to Read:
Corrie ten Boom

Corrie ten Boom

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  301 ratings  ·  12 reviews
People need inspiration like never before--stories of legendary, faith-filled heroes who met amazing obstacles with courage and even joy...stories of godly men and women who changed the world. Barbour's Heroes of the Faith series--in a new format at a new lower price--will inspire readers with the bravery, commitment, perseverance, and wisdom of these great Christian leade...more
Published July 1st 2004 by Barbour Publishing (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Corrie ten Boom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corrie ten Boom

Liz
I absolutely love the story of Corrie's life, and read The Hiding Place a few years ago. Was nice to read a biography. The 3 is because the actual writing of the book is average to poor, but it does give an ok overall look at her life, emphasizing her time in prison/concentration camps.
Kaila Norris
The book itself gets 3 stars, but the story gets 5. Corrie ten Boom lived such an unbelievably inspiring life. The writing in this particular book didn't quite do the story justice.
Megan Ivy
The story is incredible! I have to take off a star because of the writing. It is written for a very young audience, but even with that consideration it felt clumsy most of the way through. I am inspired to read A Hiding Place though, so for a biography the author did his job :-)
Karen
I've read "The Hiding Place" a few times, but not this version of Corrie Ten Boom's life. It was very similar, and yet written for a bit younger audience. I'll be on the look out for more books about this amazing woman.
Kristy Alana
I found this book breathtaking and full of heart ships. I was overwhelmed when i read this book and can't really figure out if I hated it or loved it. Whatever this book is, it has a soul.
Happy
An inspiring biography on how simple faith can carry anyone through diffucult circumstances. I enjoyed reading about this lady.
Laura C. Robb
A great story of a Holocaust survivor and one who continued to serve God her whole life!
Ellie
While the story was interesting, it seemed like it could have been fleshed out more.
Lauren
Everyone should read a biography about Corrie Ten Boom. It's an amazing story.
Ashley
a short tory of how corrie ten boom lived a life to help others find God.
Corene
Jun 15, 2013 Corene added it
I read this book when I was young. It still impacts me to this day
Theresa
It was pretty good:)
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Mikayla
Mikayla is currently reading it
Oct 21, 2014
Daniel Vinzant
Daniel Vinzant marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Angelina White
Angelina White marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
  • Corrie Ten Boom's Prison Letters
  • Just as I Am
  • Fragments of Isabella: A Memoir of Auschwitz
  • Rich Mullins: A Devotional Biography: An Arrow Pointing to Heaven
  • Loving God
  • Light in the Shadow of Jihad: The Struggle for Truth
  • Gladys Aylward: The Little Woman
  • Whatever Happened to Justice?
  • Hitler's Cross: The Revealing Story of How the Cross of Christ was Used as a symbol of  the Nazi Agenda
  • Oswald Chambers Abandoned to God: The Life Story of the Author of My Utmost for His Highest
  • Moses Great Lives Series: A Man of Selfless Dedication (Great Lives From God's Word 4)
  • Welcome to Felicity's World · 1774: Growing Up in Colonial America (American Girls Collection)
  • William Carey: Obliged to Go
  • The Life of God in the Soul of Man
  • Lords of the Earth
  • A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael
  • What Type Am I?: The Myers-Brigg Type Indication Made Easy
  • God's Passion for His Glory: Living the Vision of Jonathan Edwards (with the Complete Text of the End for Which God Created the World)
Sam Wellman, PhD, is a writer of numerous biographies. He has traveled to Germany many times and twice stayed for several months (in Berlin and Wittenberg). He blogs and tweets on Martin Luther and Frederick the Wise. He lives near Wichita, Kansas.
More about Sam Wellman...
Amy Carmichael Gladys Aylward: Missionary to China David Livingstone Florence Nightingale John Wesley: Founder of the Methodist Church