Start by marking “What Life Was Like When Longships Sailed: Vikings, AD 800-1100 (What Life Was Like)” as Want to Read:

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Drawing on art, artifacts, and literature that was left behind, these richly illustrated volumes recount captivating tales of everyday life in long-ago vanished worlds.
Published June 1st 1999 by Time Life Medical (first published February 1998)

To ask other readers questions about What Life Was Like When Longships Sailed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Life Was Like When Longships Sailed

Jamie
Clearly written for a YA audience, I nevertheless learned a lot from this book. It's a lovely mix of pictures, mythology, and more detailed history about the Vikings between 800 and 1100 AD. This is a subject about which I know almost nothing. I found the book randomly at the library and found it really engaging. I learned a lot about the various Viking attacks and takeovers in Europe, and surprisingly I learned a lot about Viking culture and why they were so, well, aggressive. I particularly ap ...more
Katy Wilmotte
A good overview of the Viking era, enlivened with many interesting anecdotes and fascinating pictures. One particular thing I like about this series is that they use stories about actual people and events of the era to season what otherwise might be rather plain facts.
Theresa
good resources with a great glossary, pictures and description
Lady Nefertankh
Lady Nefertankh marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Bill
Bill marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Will Hoover
Will Hoover marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Troy
Troy marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
KD Williams
KD Williams marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Julie
Julie is currently reading it
Oct 14, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Torgny
Torgny added it
Jul 03, 2014
Bailey
Bailey marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Suzanne Hakeos
Suzanne Hakeos marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Denise Heap
Denise Heap marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Kate Pennington
Kate Pennington marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Dave
Dave added it
Jan 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Fairies and Elves (The Enchanted World Series) Ghosts (The Enchanted World Series) Wizards and Witches (The Enchanted World Series) Dragons (The Enchanted World Series) Night Creatures (The Enchanted World Series)