Coco All Year Round

Coco All Year Round

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  16 reviews
From January to July, St. Patrick's Day to Christmas, in sunshine or in rain, Sloane Tanen's adorable chick Coco is ready to take readers through an entire year full of fun. There's a winter ice skating party, a ssssneaky April Fool's Day prank, a summer road trip, even a Thanksgiving dinner that's fit for all birds of a feather. Imaginative details within the colorful pho...more
Published August 22nd 2006 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

To ask other readers questions about Coco All Year Round, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coco All Year Round

imagineb4logic
Oh my goshhh!!
I remember my eight year old self, back then when I was living in Kentucky!! (Aww man...I'm getting homesick!!)
Coco was so cute. It's basically a picture book, with images of a baby chick with a bow, and it's picture book of photographed models. It's really cute!
The reason why I'm deciding I should add picture books to my favs list?
'Cause in school, we have PJ Day and we had to read picture books to the little kids.
So I rummaged through my bookshelf...then I came across with these....more
Carrie
Coco shares her activities for each month of the year. For Halloween, she makes her own alligator costume. Delightful!
Leah
From the woman who brought us Bitter With Baggage Seeks same, we find more chickens in compromising positions, G-rated for the little ones. Tanen takes us through the year, month by month, with little chickens who always make us laugh. My particular favorite is March. "On St. Patrick's Day we march in the yearly parade. There's music and dancing and green lemonade. I walk down the street with my whole girl scout troop. It would have been fun, had I not stepped in poop." Accompanied by a picture...more
Richard
Funny but creepy
Arielle
Feb 12, 2008 Arielle added it
Recommends it for: kids, teens, adults. anyone with a good sense of humor.
I just can't get enough of Coco. She is my new hero. In "Coco All Year Round", Coco has different adventures through the months of the year. Told in rhyme, this books makes a great read aloud and you'll want to savor each page. The miniatures are the best.

I think September is my favorite month. Coco brings her pet turtle, Raoul, to school for Show and Tell. Priceless.
Liz
Apr 06, 2008 Liz rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: lovers of kids books or quick reads
Shelves: children-s-book
Another Coco book Rose and I enjoyed together! This is really funny. I recommend reading it at least once! I'm considering giving one of these "Coco" books to my sister for her baby!
Lisa
We received this book as a gift, and the surreal, wacky photo illustrations are weird but fun. Adults will get a kick out of reading the verses about each month of the year.
Julianna
Feb 15, 2008 Julianna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Julianna by: Arielle
Annabelle loved the pictures in this book. She was trying to pick up the little chicks! It was a little long for her but it would be great for preschoolers.
Pghgranola
a cute book for the kiddies. even hubby and i got a few chuckles out of the pics! and i appreciate the fact that they DON'T eat turkey for thanksgiving!
Kelli Oliver George
A fun, whimsical book for kids that will not make you scratch your eyeballs out.
Shelli
Wonderful, colorful, fun way of teaching children the months of the year.
Jill
Again, Bitter with Baggage was a classic, the follow ups are good replicas.
Minorlibrarian
Ha! Michevious chicks of Spring in a picture book. I love it!
Elizabeth
My kids love looking at all the details in the illustrations.
Kim
Cute, but slipped in poop?
Sep 28, 2009 Sarah rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
VERY Cute book!
Katy Glouchevitch
Katy Glouchevitch marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Shawna
Shawna added it
Oct 15, 2013
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2013
Alvira
Alvira marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2013
Hope D
Hope D marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2013
Trying to write books while raising two boys in Oakland, CA.
More about Sloane Tanen...
Bitter with Baggage Seeks Same: The Life and Times of Some Chickens Are You Going to Kiss Me Now? Appetite for Detention Hatched!: The Big Push from Pregnancy to Motherhood Going for the Bronze: Still Bitter, More Baggage