Start by marking “Phases of Economic Growth, 1850 1973: Kondratieff Waves and Kuznets Swings” as Want to Read:
Phases of Economic Growth, 1850 1973: Kondratieff Waves and Kuznets Swings

Phases of Economic Growth, 1850 1973: Kondratieff Waves and Kuznets Swings

0.0 of 5 stars 0.00  ·  rating details  ·  0 ratings  ·  1 review
Using data from Britain, France, Germany, the United States, and the world economy between 1850 and 1973, this study presents a clear and systematic examination of the evidence for long-term patterns of economic growth.
Published March 1st 1990 by Cambridge University Press

To ask other readers questions about Phases of Economic Growth, 1850 1973, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phases of Economic Growth, 1850 1973

Valerie
I didn't read this book right through, actually. I found it confusing. The best I can make of it is that the thesis is that there are large-scale trends in economies, and they can be (sort of) predicted.

I THINK this is the book from which I learned that many offices had telephones before they had electric lighting. If so, that's about all I managed to carry away from it. Maybe I should read it again when I'm not sleep-deprived.
Ercan
Ercan added it
Dec 05, 2014
Megustalibros
Megustalibros marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2012
Exchange Rates in the Periphery and International Adjustment Under the Gold Standard Economic Cycles: Long Cycles and Business Cycles Since 1870 Themes in Macroeconomic History: The UK Economy 1919 1939 Phases of Economic Growth, 1850 1973: Kondratieff Waves and Kuznets Swings Themes in Macroeconomic History: The UK Economy 1919 1939