Start by marking “The Sword of Truth Gift Set (Sword of Truth, #1-5)” as Want to Read:
The Sword of Truth Gift Set (Sword of Truth, #1-5)

The Sword of Truth Gift Set (Sword of Truth #1-5)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  1,290 ratings  ·  20 reviews
This special bundled package includes one hardcover copy each of all 5 books in Terry Goodkind's bestselling Sword of Truth series. The books are:
Wizard's First Rule
Stone of Tears
Blood of the Fold
Temple of the Winds
Soul of the Fire
Hardcover
Published February 5th 2000 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about The Sword of Truth Gift Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sword of Truth Gift Set

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray BradburyThe Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien1984 by George OrwellDune by Frank HerbertEnder's Game by Orson Scott Card
NPR Top 100 Science Fiction & Fantasy Books
63rd out of 100 books — 24 voters
Harry Potter Boxset by J.K. RowlingThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsThe Twilight Saga by Stephenie MeyerThe Mortal Instruments Boxed Set by Cassandra ClareVampire Academy Collection by Richelle Mead
Series Reading List
374th out of 1,210 books — 2,920 voters

More lists with this book...

Darcy Stewart
Wizard's First Rule
I really enjoyed reading this book. The TV series known as Legend of the Seeker got me to read the books they were based upon. I really enjoyed the TV show. It very exiting. I started reading this book. It was so good I never wanted to put it down, and continue it later. The author created many characters. A lot of these characters you don't hear about in other series. This series has it's own spice to it. Kahlan and sworn to protect the life of Richard Cypher the seeker. He m
John Woodington
The first two books in this series were great, as was Faith of the Fallen, book six. Books 3-5 were mediocre in plot and impact, and everything after Faith of the Fallen, books 7-end, were absolutely horrendous, and showed just what a terrible thing it can be for someone to take Ayn Rand too seriously. While Faith of the Fallen is a pretty blatant ripoff of The Fountainhead, at least Goodkind let the characters figure things out on their own, instead of forcing them into situations where they ca ...more
Daniel Aalderks
Started out really good, then it became more of a soap opera in a fantasy setting. Breaking up the two main characters started to get old after the 3rd book. Good fantasy series though with an interesting world.
Christian and Amy
-Chris

Well, I'm nearly finished with the 11th book of the series, 'Confessor' and have very much enjoyed it. Though sometimes Terry is a bit over the top preaching his characters motives so you understand why they have to do what they do. (Almost beating you over the head at some points....)
However, that only happens ocassionaly, and you can move on with the wonderful descriptions and good dialog.

The 'Wizards First Rule' is a great book to start with.

Also, the Legend of the Seeker show is no
Jamie
Great series. Gets a little politically preachy but then brings it back to the true high fantasy it should be.
Cris
I remember reading these in high school and loving them. I'm a little nervous to re-read.
Mandy
If you are up for a good fantasy novel this series is amazing. The books are really long so they seem kind of intimidating but you at least need to read the first one. They do have some intense parts so this is definitely and adult age book but I couldn't stop reading them. The first and fourth books were my favorite. It is an eleven book series. After reading the first four I felt like I needed a break for awhile to try something different. But I plan to read more of them eventually. I love fan ...more
Dawn
I'm not exactly sure how to rate these books. I guess as far as entertainment value, they'd get 5 stars. I certainly couldn't stop myself from reading them once I started. But as far as literary value, it is probably more like 1 star. The "philosophizing" in later novels is just awful. God-awful. It's like Rush Limbaugh decided to write fanstasy. And the constant empahasis on rape gets really annoying after a while. So I guess I'll settle on 3 stars.
Josie Boettcher
The only complaint I have about these books is the 10 page rants the author will go on that tend to be very very repetitive. The stories are fantastic though.
Kim
While I'm not usually a fan of this genre, I adored these books. Every one of them transported me straight into the story and I lost myself in them. I loved the way Terry Goodkind slowly yet quickly (I know that makes no sense, but it will once you read the series)built upon the original story in book after book -- and these books aren't small.
Lisadlh
I started reading this because I'm working my way through the NPR 100 best fantasy and sci fi books, but early in the first chapter I realized I was rereading it. Not only had I purged the name of the book from my memory, my husband and I refer to it as "that weird book with the pain-stick torture sex". So nope, not rereading it.
Bunnybodel
I love the whole series, but I know it isn't entirely because of the amazing quality, it is party because I just got attached to the characters. I think Laura did a perfect job reviewing each book, but I'm way too lazy. If you love your character driven fantasy, you'll love it I'm sure.
Nicole Shepherd
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this series and have read it over and over. Terry Goodkind is a great author and kept me on the edge of my seat every second!
Melissa
This is a great love story told in the same kind of setting as the Robert Jordan collection. I've read it several times and still love it.
Khristine
Sep 04, 2011 Khristine is currently reading it
Ive heard alot of good things about this book, hoping it'll be a good read!
Vanessa
I loved these books when I first started reading them but I soon got bored.
Lindsey
Wonderfully written. Such a sprawling, twisting tale. Loved it.
Garrett
I love this entire series.
Arabellagreenleaf
These books are awesome!
Jeremy
There's like 8 books and they're all very long. In each book the author seems to get carried away with certain phrases or words that are just weird. The writing is simple, with short sentences and trivial thoughts. But the overall story is great. Essentially freedom/responsibility vs socialism. The protagonist is constantly in danger and behind until the very end, making it a bit of a downer to read the 1st time through.
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Nabeel
Nabeel marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
  • The Elric Saga Part I (Elric Saga, #1-3)
  • The Complete Chronicles of Conan
  • The Wheel of Time: Boxed Set  (Wheel of Time, #1-8)
  • The Malloreon Boxed Set: Guardians of the West, King of the Murgos, Demon Lord of Karanda, Sorceress of Darshiva, Seeress of Kell (The Malloreon, #1-5)
  • The Book of the New Sun
  • Xanth: The Quest for Magic (Xanth, #1-3)
  • The Riftwar Saga (The Riftwar Saga, #1-4)
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
  • The Chronicles of Amber (The Chronicles of Amber, #1-5 )
  • Myth-ing Persons / Little Myth Marker (Myth Adventures, #5-6)
  • The Lost Swords: The Second Triad (Lost Swords, #4-6)
  • Legends 2 (Legends 1, Volume 2of3)
  • The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever (The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, #1-3)
  • The Hunter's Blades Collector's Edition (Forgotten Realms: Hunter's Blades, #1-3; Legend of Drizzt, #14-16)
  • Gom on Windy Mountain (Gom, #1)
Terry Goodkind is a contemporary American writer and author of the best-selling epic fantasy series, The Sword of Truth, creator of the television show The Legend of the Seeker, and writer of the self-published epic, The First Confessor: The Legend of Magda Searus (a prequel and origin story of the first Mother Confessor). He has over 20 million copies in print and has been translated into more th ...more
More about Terry Goodkind...
Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1) Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth, #2) Blood of the Fold (Sword of Truth, #3) Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth, #4) Faith of the Fallen (Sword of Truth, #6)