Start by marking “Baby Food” as Want to Read:
Baby Food

Baby Food

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  45 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Hey, baby! Look at these babies having fun with food!
Board Book, 14 pages
Published July 1st 2000 by Little Simon (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Baby Food, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Food

Bonnie Ferrante
Mar 27, 2015 Bonnie Ferrante rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for getting the concept of reading across to a one year old. Each double page has a close-up photograph of a baby doing something and a single word. The words are banana, spoon, cracker, bottle, yummy, and messy. The last two words take a little longer for the toddler to memorize but when she does, she is delighted with those pages. This became a book my granddaughter could “read” to me.

The photographs are bright and endearing. They feature children of different races. Child
Cara Byrne
There is another version of _Baby Faces_? My baby's reaction: "THIS IS THE BEST BOOK EVER." My reaction: this book is fine, though the words it introduces with the large baby faces, including "crackers" and "messy" aren't as engaging as the descriptors in _Baby Faces_.
Mia McInnis
Aug 10, 2015 Mia McInnis rated it it was ok
This won awards? Neither I nor my child seemed impressed - the pictures teach next to nothing and even the faces are not engaging.
Annalise
Oct 21, 2014 Annalise rated it really liked it
I like looking at the baby faces. Just wish there were a couple more pages.
Deb
Jan 12, 2012 Deb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Introduces babies to words related to food. One word on a page with bright background, opposing page with baby. My 11 mo. really identified with banana (it's one of the words she can say), bottle, and spoon. I was happy to see her point at the word and the picture, maybe a sign of a little brain connection being built for future decoding of text. A little less useful was 'yummy' and 'messy' as they are not concrete objects. Baby face pictures are nice and close up.
Elsa
May 09, 2012 Elsa rated it it was amazing
Here's another baby book that doesn't appeal to me, but that Baby loves. She laughs and smiles at these close up pictures of babies. The food theme isn't the best for her (she hasn't started solids yet, so she wouldn't make that connection), so I'll be checking out others in this series.
jacky
Oct 24, 2009 jacky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lib-lew, board-books
Got this out of the Lewiston Library for Natalie to look at the baby faces, since that type of book was recommended to me to share with a baby her age. She responded some. Probably will be better for when we start introducing foods and she understands the pictures more.
Erika
Mar 05, 2010 Erika rated it really liked it
Library book - This was great since Gillian is still just learning how to eat. This helped me teach her what different things were. She loved the banana at the beginning. I think she really understood the connection between the picture and the real life thing.
Natalie Pietro
Jul 06, 2012 Natalie Pietro rated it really liked it
Shelves: nicos-bookshelf
This book was great for my little guy. A board book small for his little fingers. It has cute pictures of babies eating and laughing. My son loves looking at other babies so this book was perfect. I just wish he would stop eating the book and start eat his baby food.
Joanna
Dec 07, 2008 Joanna rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-with-salo
This would have been better when he was younger. He has very little interest in the one word picture books. I was surprised that at 14 months he really does enjoy a story. This is an ok library book for babies - not toddlers.
Taylor
May 16, 2007 Taylor rated it it was ok
It's pretty basic -- pictures of baby faces with food related items and concepts. But the screeches and giggles that the "SPOON" page elicit make it worth the minute and a half it takes to read it.
Laurie Chester
Sep 13, 2012 Laurie Chester rated it really liked it
My 10 month old loves this book mostly because he loves looking at the other babies. It's so simple but perfect for his stage.
Kristie
Aug 23, 2007 Kristie rated it liked it
Easy vocabulary of baby's every day activities is matched with real photographs of babies for even more interest.
Kai Palmer
Jun 24, 2013 Kai Palmer rated it liked it
Shelves: food
A fun picture book for babies...let's them see common food babies eat and the word associated with them.
Olmagotogmail.Com
Olmagotogmail.Com marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Megan
Megan added it
Feb 28, 2016
Bethany Miller
Bethany Miller marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Jonathan Hunsberger
Jonathan Hunsberger marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
V
V added it
Feb 06, 2016
ام عمار
ام عمار is currently reading it
Jan 15, 2016
Marcus McCord
Marcus McCord rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2015
John
John added it
Nov 28, 2015
Diana
Diana rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2015
Alicia
Alicia rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2015
Owly
Owly added it
Sep 25, 2015
Trinity
Trinity rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2015