Start by marking “Prince of Fire (Children of the Sun, #2)” as Want to Read:
Prince of Fire (Children of the Sun, #2)

Prince of Fire (Children of the Sun #2)

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  381 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
The firstborn children of the Fyne witches have finally come into their own, each with a special gift...

Despite the prophesies, Keelia, Queen of the Anwyn, would never let a wild Caradon, a man who can shape-shift into a mountain cat, touch her. But when one kidnaps her, mistaking her for the caster of a spell on his people, Keelia realizes she has never been more wrong;
Published April 3rd 2007 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Prince of Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prince of Fire

Diana
Jorlyn is a Caradon, the ancient rivals of the Anwyn. He kidnaps Keelia, Juliet's daughter and current Queen of the Anwyn, in order to discover who is responsible for cursing his people. Keelia fights the prophecy that she will take a Caradon lover and that she wil betray love for victory.

Keelia is an interesting heroine, and her part of this story is filled with a lot of developments and twists. The evil wizard and Druin both felt unnecessary, and Jorlyn can be quite dense.
Natalie
Jun 04, 2013 Natalie rated it liked it
Book 2 in the Children of the Sun series. I'd like to start off by saying that I HATED book one of this series and the only reason I read book 2 is that I already owned the book. My book-reading ethics forbid me from getting rid of a book that I haven't read. Well, I'm going to have to chalk up book one to the common "rocky start to a decent series" problem. This book was SO much better than the first one! I pretty much forgot that this book takes place in a technologically primitive time - the ...more
Kristina
Dec 21, 2014 Kristina rated it it was amazing
Book 2 - tore through this one. Prince of Magic is the first book of a trilogy called The Children of the Sun. Lovers of paranormal romance won't want to miss this first installment. It was gripping, addictive, and stunning. I loved it. Hurry up with number 3!!!
Nytetyger
Jul 22, 2009 Nytetyger rated it liked it
And now we have book two of the second trilogy by the author, and I'm starting to get a little tired of it all. The female characters really are starting to be one and the same-- superpowerful but for some reason unable to USE their power against the big bad who really needs a snidely whiplash mustache to twirl as he sucks the blood and soul out of innocent women before dropping them at his feet.

Each book deals with yet another child from the three sisters of the first trilogy, and how they find
Erin
Nov 07, 2010 Erin rated it it was ok
Cheesy romance novel challenge #2. This one also has an excellent cover. A psychic queen, who also happens to be a werewolf (though they don't use that word) is kidnapped by a dude who turns into a mountain cat at the full moon. He can also produce fire in his hands (hence the cover), oh yeah and he can pop into the spirit world whenever. Spoiler alert - they end up together! Throw in an evil wizard, some half-men/half-animal monsters, a lot of the queen's relatives, a prophesy, plus a demon tha ...more
Marianne
Some frustrating moments with the villain but a pretty good read.
Robyn Ladage
Jun 03, 2015 Robyn Ladage rated it it was amazing
Loved it.
Rachel
Dec 17, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it
Great follow up to the Prince of Magic. I enjoy this series almost as much as the Fyne Witches set. The mystery is great. And I love how they never quite say what the evil thing is. Im guessing a vampire of some sort.
Amy
Feb 24, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2007
Although rating this book 5 out of 5, I must say that I was a little bored in the beginning. It did keep me guessing through it all and there were many twists and turns. Good but not as good as the first book.
Veronika Levine
May 12, 2012 Veronika Levine rated it really liked it
I really like this series and this author and am excited for the third book, but pacing myself. Perfect blend of fantasy and romance and anything involving shapeshifters is always fun.
Alice
Oct 23, 2009 Alice rated it really liked it
This was really good for me. A step up in the story and really interesting characters. Can't wait for the third!
Athena Braun
May 02, 2009 Athena Braun rated it it was ok
This book wasn't as good as Prince of magic. A little disappointing but it was still o.k.
Alisa
Mar 21, 2011 Alisa rated it it was amazing
Love this series!!!!
Stacie
Apr 10, 2007 Stacie added it
Recommends it for: Romance
Currently reading this one.
Samantha Garcia
Good book
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it
Kristi
Kristi rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2016
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Laurine
Laurine rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Ashley Leonard
Ashley Leonard marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Cassie
Cassie added it
Jan 21, 2016
Laura Dalle Luche
Laura Dalle Luche marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
  • Sea Fever (Children of the Sea, #2)
  • The Master (Sons of Destiny, #3)
  • Outsiders (Wildside #2)
  • Howling Moon  (A Tale of the Sazi, #4)
  • Book of Witchery: Spells, Charms & Correspondences for Every Day of the Week
  • Dark Magic (Magic #5)
  • The Night Drifter (St. Leger, #2)
  • Shield of the Sky (Stone God, #1)
  • Flesh and Stone (Les Gargouillen #2)
  • Warlord  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #3)
  • Beneath the Skin (Darkwing Chronicles, #3)
  • Infinity (Immortal Witches, #2)
  • Heart Duel (Celta's Heartmates, #3)
  • Enchanting the Lady (Relics of Merlin, #1)
  • My Demon's Kiss (Bound in Darkness, #1)

Children of the Sun (3 books)
  • Prince of Magic (Children of the Sun, #1)
  • Prince of Swords (Children of the Sun, #3)