Start by marking “Sly the Sleuth and the Pet Mysteries” as Want to Read:
Sly the Sleuth and the Pet Mysteries

Sly the Sleuth and the Pet Mysteries (Sly the Sleuth #1)

There are some strange new pets in Sly's neighborhood: a cat on a diet that keeps getting fatter, a fish that seems angry at its owner, and a peculiar pet named Wilson that suddenly disappears!
Only Sly the Sleuth can solve these mysteries. Grade-schooler by day, private detective by afternoon, Sly (a.k.a Sylvia) uses her sharp wits and reasoning skills to get to the botto
Published March 17th 2005 by Dial

To ask other readers questions about Sly the Sleuth and the Pet Mysteries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sly the Sleuth and the Pet Mysteries

Brandyn
Nov 30, 2014 Brandyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brett
There is a cat that is fat. Sly is wondering why he is fat. Jack has a pet fish. And sly went to the pet shop and she picks up a fish then its happy. When she puts the fish down, it gets mad! I liked the story because
they got to solve cases of animals that live in homes.
Bailey Johannes
May 08, 2015 Bailey Johannes marked it as to-read
Had to do with a cute little girl. A lot of mystery books are about boys so i picked this because it was a girl.
Julias14
Feb 13, 2014 Julias14 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this little mystery and think the series is great for 1st to 3rd graders.
Dolly
Nov 01, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is a fun story that includes three mysteries in one book. We read one mystery each night and laughed at the rhyming connection of all three. The stories are short and the narrative is good for children who are just beginning to read chapter books. The illustrations are cute and complement the story nicely.

We enjoyed reading this book together and will look for the next book in the series, Sly the Sleuth and the Sports Mysteries.
Jeni Enjaian
Before picking this book up I did not realize that this book was written for a much, much younger audience. That being said, the "mysteries" included in this book were not really mysteries but unknown facts about pets that Sly discovered and told the other characters in that particular story. Obviously, this book was not my level in any stretch of the imagination but I still think that the "mysteries" could be written much better. This book was too pedantic to be enjoyable.
Shacoria
Mar 20, 2012 Shacoria rated it it was ok
This is a cute little book. The pictures in it are adorable. The only thing not to like about it is that the third case was not properly explained. It seemed a bit illogical to me. At the beginning it made it seem like Brian's pet was a mouse, but that turned out to not be the case.
Sherry
Would love to add this to "mysteries" for breakfast book club, but it appears that it's only available in hardcover right now, not paperback. I'm so disappointed. It's an interesting sleuth chapter book, an Enclyclopdia Brown of sorts for today's young readers.
Diane
Nov 25, 2014 Diane rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
"I only take cases that are fun. And only cases a cat would care about."

Sylvia "Sly" is a sleuth for hire. In this episode, Sly tackles the reasons behind a fat cat, an angry Wish Fish and a sick puppy.

Good beginning mysteries for early readers.
Lost booby
Mar 08, 2009 Lost booby rated it it was ok
It was okay, for its logically logical all-about-animals-mysteries. But ( sorry, Donna ) I didn't really like it as much as the other books on my shelf.
Nicole
Mar 04, 2013 Nicole rated it really liked it
Enjoyable family read. Would read other books in this series.
Parthena
Jan 12, 2011 Parthena rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
My little detective rated it 5 stars because she couldn't give it 6.
Vicki
Jan 05, 2008 Vicki rated it really liked it
Recommended to Vicki by: Gail Aldous
Shelves: kid-lit
Cute. Aidan might like these, but might be too young.
Sara
Aug 20, 2010 Sara rated it it was amazing
really good book
Ilib4kids
May 22, 2013 Ilib4kids rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-novel-series
(Sly) J NAPOLI
Julia Jordan
Julia Jordan marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Patty
Patty marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Jaylin
Jaylin is currently reading it
Feb 10, 2016
Sam Rayburn
Sam Rayburn marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Joel
Joel added it
Feb 06, 2016
Melissa Bell
Melissa Bell marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Jenica
Jenica marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Laura rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
From her website:

Donna Jo Napoli is both a linguist and a writer of children's and YA fiction.

Donna Jo has five children. She dreams of moving to the woods and becoming a naturalist. She loves to garden and bake bread.

At various times her house and yard have been filled with dogs, cats, birds, and rabbits. For thirteen years she had a cat named Taxi, and liked to go outside and call, "Taxi!" to
More about Donna Jo Napoli...

Sly the Sleuth (4 books)