Start by marking “Anne Rice's The Tale of the Body Thief (A Graphic Novel)” as Want to Read:
Anne Rice's The Tale of the Body Thief (A Graphic Novel)

Anne Rice's The Tale of the Body Thief (A Graphic Novel)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  17,049 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Lestat is the decadent, corrupt night-dweller with a craving for human blood. Now transformed into a Dark God, he must make a journey into the heart of darkness, where he must confront his own cursed immortality and the emptiness of his soul.
Published 2000 by Sicilian Dragon Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Anne Rice's The Tale of the Body Thief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anne Rice's The Tale of the Body Thief

Vampire Academy by Richelle MeadFrostbite by Richelle MeadShadow Kiss by Richelle MeadBlood Promise by Richelle MeadInterview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
Great Vampire Books That Aren't Twilight=p
235th out of 693 books — 935 voters
The Da Vinci Code by Dan BrownAlways Yours by Somi EkhasomhiAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollThe Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk KiddCharlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
books ive read
46th out of 105 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Thea Liwanag
Somewhat scary and creepy. If only I didn't have the mental image of Lestat - which Anne Rice did well - as homosexual, this might actually have had a spot in my favorites shelf.

Lestat's experience as a human again cracked me up a bit. He kept whining on and on about how the human body he inhabited sucked.

I've read this book a couple years back and I've read the first few Vampire Chronicles as well. I remember how much I liked the first three books but then when the rest of the books came, I wa
En general me esta gustando la serie de las crónicas vampiricas, sin embargo este libro me decepciono un poco.

(view spoiler)

espero que el siguiente libro no trate solo unas paginas de Lestat con el diablo y el resto sea relleno.
Bright Chike
Once again we delve into the life of sensous Lestat with his recent craving for the ability to experience the carnal pleasures that were denied him since the 18th century, and the resulting aftermath, knowing Lestat we will be expecting a carnage, and at the same time find a place in our hearts to pity him, as we did the talented Mr Ripley.
David Melvin
It was interesting but sick in a way. It was dirty I wouldn't recommend it to anyone under eighteen, or at least under sixteen.
Chad J
Not my favorite Anne Rice book, but its not bad. Did not find it as good as her first two books in the series.
Michelle Boyer
It is okay. Not really a medium that is on my favorites list but I thought I would give it a try because I enjoyed the book.

I liked the novel better.
Misty Lee
Creeeeppy and amazingly well written! Lestat is my favorite Vampire! I love all things Lestat!
Carmilla Voiez
I love Anne Rice's novels but this graphic novel left me flat. I didn't think the artwork reflected how I would have expected the vampires to appear and the graphics didn't depict anything that would add layers to the story as per other graphic novels I have read. The story seemed too bare to stand alone and in all it was a disappointing read. 1 for effort plus 1 for the numerous naked male bodies.
Nice, fun, fast, and funny read.
Anne being wonderful as per.
Too graphic
Anyone who reads Anne Rice knows very well that her books are either totally awesome! Or totally terrible. There doesn't seem to be an in-between with her. Tale of the Body Theif is one of the good ones. Of all the books in the Vampire Chronicles, this one is the most "fun". It's kind of a "Freaky Friday" story, where we get to see Lestat try to cope with "life" back inside a living human body. I enjoyed it.
Tina Taylor
Ann Rice is another one of my favorite authors, she is very descriptive in her novels. The Tale of The Body Thief was one of the Vampire chronicles that she wrote. I was intrigued by the way she described how Lastat learned how to achieve OBE out of body experience and how he learned to leave one body for the other and his experiences as a human again. The brat Prince , gotta love him.
Bill Tarlin
I read this years ago and the only thing I remember about it is the smell of cat pee. Everything else was just sort of a genre thriller without the visceral or boundary pushing touches that make a good Rice novel. Whoever compared it to the Love Boat was not far off.
I remember reading this a long time ago, just never marked it "read". I so love Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. I think, over time, the characters became real to me, I couldn't wait for the next book!
I remember reading this, I couldn't put it down.
Sarah Wilson Arnold
It was a good book. Not a favorite,but still worth the read. I love the vampire chronicles and the Mayfair witches though. Lestat drives me crazy with all the messes he gets himself into, in this book, at times I just view him as being stupid.
Sharon Desruisseaux
Loved this book as I do anything by this amazing author! This was a rish departure from the vampire chronicles. She added her famous vampires in to add to the enjoyment of the read! Highly recommended!
In my opinion the most unimportant of the Vampire Chronicles books. Lestat's in it, but it doesn't matter. Re-read The Vampire Lestat instead.
The artwork is only mediocre, but this is a really nice, self-contained Anne Rice vampire story. I am glad I gave it my time.
Lora Allen
Really intense and kinda weird at the same time but very good. Lestat was amazing as well as all the other characters.
Ruud Van der vliet
This one for me was difficult to get through. Maybe because it moved away a bit from the main characters.
K.P. Taskila
Interesting beginning even though I thought Lestat was an IDIOT. Ends as Vampires on the Love Boat.
This is probably my favorite of the vampire chronicles. You can't help but love Lestat.
This was one of my favorite in the series. It was profound, paranormal and edgy.
Antonio Polo
Fantaseoso, pero interesante el poder cambiar de cuerpos con los Vampiros...
Anne Rice has got to me one of my favorite authors of all time.
Eve A
Jul 12, 2012 Eve A added it
Oh, I really love this book, I have read it three time by now.
Ray Bailey
Was very interesting and quite a mind bust loved it
Jude Arnold
Awesome! Exciting! Sexy! Scary! So, Anne Rice!
  • Pandora / Vittorio the Vampire (New Tales of the Vampires)
  • The Witches' Companion
  • Sleeping Beauty Box Set
  • Conversations with Anne Rice: An Intimate, Enlightening Portrait of Her Life and Work
  • Interview with the Vampire: Claudia's Story