Start by marking “Reason To Believe (Believe Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Reason To Believe (Believe Trilogy, #2)

Reason To Believe (Believe Trilogy #2)

Rufus Valasay awakens with no memory, yet he instinctively trusts the stranger who offers him a place to stay. Her name is Fabia Fair, and her kindness and beauty stir a hunger he can't ignore. Yet with each caress, his memory returns, and with it a sense of dread. He is no ordinary mortal, and someone will do anything to get to him and his kind. But Rufus will not make th ...more
Published July 1st 2008 by Zebra (first published November 18th 1955)

To ask other readers questions about Reason To Believe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reason To Believe

Stephanie
So after a terribly slow start I finally got into this book. I read the first 10 or so pages like 5 times over the month, never getting very far. Then I challenged myself to read and not stop for one night- reporting progress to fellow goodreader Angie - Hi Angie!- then I was able to really enjoy this story. I really like the world Inlan creates, moving matter is a magical ability is very unique and interesting. Having everything in French the way some things are in Latin, or Elvish, or some oth ...more
Lisa Lap
This books was just eh for me. Honestly it felt more like a fanfiction book adapted to be an original, and a somewhat poorly written well as well. The storyline was somewhat predictable and I would've like a few surprise moments instead. After the seemingly from nowhere backstory of Fabia's "supposed" imaginary friend Telly and how she hadn't thought about him in years, to the revelation of Rufus' (and what kind of hero name is that anyway?) feeling like he's known Fabia his entire life it was p ...more
Julie
Mar 25, 2011 Julie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Twilight
picked up in a bargain bin for $2. writing is very clunky in parts, esp. the beginning, which is mostly exposition (to be expected as this is the second in a trilogy, but still). definitely needed a proofreader; lots of typos. humor was better than average but characters pretty one-dimensional. as for plot... eh. some interesting mythology. never liked the title, and soon came to hate it... as every time i spotted it i had Rod Stewart crooning in my head for hours after.
Kimi De
May 30, 2010 Kimi De rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
umm okay. I didn't realize it was the second in a series of three, but regardless, it wasn't that good. I 'm glad I bought it used.
Barbara ★
The absolute sadness of the first chapter almost brought me to my knees. OMG was that sad. I can't wait until they catch the bastard who did that to Rufus. Though the good guys won't do to him/her what should be done. IMHO an eye for an eye and all that it entails. Rufus made a spectacular hero and Fabia Fair (what a name) was a wonderful humanitarian caring for the downtrodden and abused. A classic tale of good vs evil with a magical twist.
Kathleen Burket
Jun 04, 2009 Kathleen Burket rated it really liked it
Just finished Reason To Believe, the second book in the Believe series by Jessica Barksdale Inclan, and Rufus Valasay and Fabia Fair's story. Just magical! I liked it better than the first book. The excerpt to third book, Believe in Me, Felix Valasay and Sayblee Safipour's story, read like the best one yet. Plus it will include the final confrontation with Quain Dalzeil.
Mindee
Apr 25, 2011 Mindee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
At the beginning it was hard for me to get interested in the book. This might be because it is the second book in the trilogy and I did not read the first. I enjoyed the uniqueness of the magical abilities and the humor throughout.
Colleen
Nov 30, 2009 Colleen rated it liked it
There were a few twists that I was not prepared for, that made this book so enjoyable. The Valasay brothers sure are hot, they make me wish that magic really did exist. How do you know when you have found the person that is just right for you?
cassyopea
táto kniha ma oproti prvému dielu mierne sklamala, hlavne kvôli tomu, že sa dej odohráva ešte pred začatím prvej knihy a autorka tak nevyužila dejové prostredie ktoré si pripravila v prvej knihe, ozaj škoda.
Miranda
Mar 27, 2011 Miranda rated it liked it
Was an okay book. It kept my attention which is a plus but the story just was kind of boring.
Kellie Mackrell
Sep 04, 2015 Kellie Mackrell rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
Did not finish, read the start but did not capture me and I have too many other books I would rather read
Terez Pešková
Nov 01, 2011 Terez Pešková rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Knížka se mi líbila, což o to, ale autorka by měla psát spíše červenou knihovnu, než knihy pro mládež. :D
L.A. Kuehlke
Feb 21, 2011 L.A. Kuehlke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magic...very hot and steamy...definitely not Harry Potter's brand...
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2011
Arthi
Oct 19, 2013 Arthi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good...
Wendi
Wendi rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2012
Miranda Tedhams
Miranda Tedhams rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2013
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2012
Victoria
Victoria rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2011
Carla
Carla rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2013
Genevieve
Genevieve rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2009
Daliz Carrion
Daliz Carrion rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2017
Lori Howe
Lori Howe rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Babygril
Babygril rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2012
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was ok
Jun 02, 2013
Viki
Viki rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2013
Julliet
Julliet rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2011
Babette James
Babette James rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2011
Sammi Champness
Sammi Champness rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2014
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Was this really meant to be the second book in the series ? 3 4 Feb 07, 2015 06:50PM
  • Ladybug Girl Loves...
  • Indulgent (Eternal Pleasure, #3)
  • Bound To Love Her
  • Paradox
  • Perilous Partnership (Partnership in Blood Spin-Off #1)
  • Tatterdemalion (Foundations of Magic, #1)
  • The Ravening (Blood Moon, #3)
  • One With the Shadows (Companion, #5)
  • The Phoenix Charm (The Magic Knot, #2)
  • Kiss of the Phantom (Phantom, #3)
  • Kindred Rites (Night Calls #2)
  • MacGowan's Ghost
  • Healer's Choice (Ghostland World, #3)
  • Ghost Moon (Moon #7)
  • Burning Darkness (Offspring, #4)
  • Adrienne (A Bron Universe Novel #1)
  • Deepwood (Karavans, #2)
  • Love Bites (Vampyres of Hollywood, #2)
Jessica Barksdale Inclan's fourteenth novel, The Burning Hour, was published by Urban Farmhouse Press in April 2016. A Pushcart Prize and Best-of-the-Net nominee, her short stories, poems, and essays have appeared in or are forthcoming in the Waccamaw Journal, Salt Hill Journal, Little Patuxent Review, Carve Magazine, Palaver, and So to Speak. She is a Professor of English at Diablo Valley College ...more
More about Jessica Barksdale Inclan...

Believe Trilogy (3 books)
  • When You Believe (Believe Trilogy, #1)
  • Believe In Me (Believe Trilogy, #3)