Start by marking “A View from the Zoo” as Want to Read:
A View from the Zoo

A View from the Zoo

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Published September 1st 1987 by W Publishing Group (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about A View from the Zoo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A View from the Zoo

Jo
If you're allergic to books that have an obvious lesson to teach, this isn't the book for you. Gary Richmond doesn't hide at all the fact that he's drawing correlations between his experiences and the Christian life. I didn't mind, so I enjoyed this book. The stories were fun (and hair-raising at times), and illustrated some very good points.
Lisa Rathbun
I erally enjoyed this and "Please Don't Feed the Bears." Richmond's stories about the zoo are interesting, sometimes funny, sometimes sad, and are followed by spiritual insight or a lesson learned. I will be reading these with my kids for family devotions when they get a little older.
Sally
Gary Richmond does a great job in this book of relating his zookeeper experience with the animals he cared for and how it taught him so much about animals, people, the earth that we share and the God who made us.
Bethany
I loved this book growing up, and am glad I finally remembered what it was called! This is a fun memoir of a zookeeper's experiences with animals both in and out of the zoo.
Mimi
I loved the author's anectdotes about his time as a zookeeper and equating it to the Christian walk. An uplifting and insightful read!!
Kristin
cute little stories from someone that worked at a zoo- after reading, i had a desire to go to the zoo.
Jeff Noble
A view from the zoo by Gary Richmond (?)
Prencess Jeryll
Prencess Jeryll marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Sammy
Sammy marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Jean Richardson
Jean Richardson marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Nancy Bowen
Nancy Bowen marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2013
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
May 27, 2013
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2013
Harold
Harold marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013
Ronaldo Lemos
Ronaldo Lemos marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013