Start by marking “Lady of Mercy (The Sundered, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lady of Mercy (The Sundered, #3)

Lady of Mercy (Books of the Sundered #3)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  553 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Part of the "Sundered" series - the heroine continues her struggle against the forces of evil. The harrowing tale of Erin Elliath, warrior and healer, continues in this episode of the battle between good and evil. When Erin rejects her position as Lady Sara, wife to the First Servant of the Dark Heart, she escapes from her husband's lands with the help of Darin, the Patria ...more
Published August 11th 2006 by BenBella Books (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Lady of Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady of Mercy

Fre06 Begum
Mar 06, 2016 Fre06 Begum rated it really liked it
This was my least favourite of the series because the male lead was hardly in it and it was filled with too many people that just didn't matter! Really frustrating
Sbuchler
Jun 12, 2009 Sbuchler rated it liked it
Genre: High Fantasy

This book was slow. The core of the story of the series (imo) is the relationship between Erin/Sara and Stefanos. The last time they interact in this book is about page 20, which I'm sure explains some of why the book was slow.

If the first book was Erin falling in love with Stefanos, and the second was Stefanos falling in love with Erin, then this book was Erin coming to accept that love alone is not enough. Of course, it's also about Stefanos, finally, centuries later, collec
Amélie
Review first published at Fans of Michelle Sagara West

The eponymous Lady of Mercy is, of course, Erin. During the first book, Into the Dark Lands, Erin has ruled as an Empress at Stefanos' side, providing his people with a mercy unknown to them before, before mysteriously disappearing. Form that time, legends have been created, speaking of a time when the Lady of Mercy would come again to the Empire and free its people from the Dark Heart and its First Servant, Stefanos.

At the end of Children of
Kaza
May 24, 2015 Kaza rated it it was ok
A lot slower than the previous books. Stefanos wasn't in it much was was disappointing.
Heather
Amazing! Simply AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mara
Feb 09, 2012 Mara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I hadn't realized how good this writer is before being compelled to read The Sundered out of order (Lady of Mercy had no kindle edition).

I read Lady of Mercy a year after I finished the series. The writing was compelling, lyrical to the point that even if the events unfolds slowly and I knew what happened next I was riveted. Powerful.
Huijia Li
Dec 13, 2010 Huijia Li rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I would really choose 2.5 if there was such a choice. I've been looking to complete the series for ages, and had just re-read BK 2 in the series before this. I thought the second book was fine, but this book seemed to have pacing problems. Plus I didn't really care for the in-chapter jumps in POV, it felt a little scattered.
Fred Dickson
Jan 05, 2012 Fred Dickson rated it liked it
I still felt like we didn't have Erin as narrator often enough in this one, I like Darin well enough, but the first book was nothing but Erin, and that's who I want to hear about. There was definitely more going on in this one in comparison to the previous two and there was a nice little twist at the end.
Gaynell
Feb 12, 2012 Gaynell rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I would never have guessed who Trethar was in a million years. I didn't trust him at first, but after he was really helping Erin, Darin, and Renar to retake Dagothrin, I decided that I must have been wrong. Little did I know that he had his own agenda.
Jake Langthorn
Jul 19, 2011 Jake Langthorn rated it really liked it
This review applies to the Sundered Series as a whole.

Clearly this is a beginning effort, but already, West shows the imagination that marks her later works. This is terrific stuff. Yes, it is dark, but even with the awkward writing style, it is very powerful.
Cyn Armistead
Sep 06, 2010 Cyn Armistead rated it really liked it
Review of entire series posted under Chains of Darkness, Chains of Light.
Stephen
Jun 03, 2012 Stephen rated it really liked it
I gave this one four stars because it was the first of the Series where I actually felt like there was some real hope for the future LOL. The first two books I found pretty dark.
Rachel
Feb 16, 2014 Rachel rated it it was ok
This was a pretty weak entry into the saga, I think. It may have been necessary to the total story arc, but reading it was more chore than pleasure.
Al
Nov 10, 2012 Al rated it it was ok
Slow start, and doesn't capture the tension of the attraction between Erin and the First that made the predecessors in this series interesting.
Stacy
Dec 07, 2008 Stacy rated it really liked it
Predictable plot and character development. But, I was genuinely moved during certain scenes, which speaks to the strength of the writing.
Kellicat
Sep 10, 2014 Kellicat rated it liked it
I liked this one far better than the second book Children of the Blood and I'll gladly read get the last book from the library.
Laurla2
Oct 03, 2012 Laurla2 added it
Shelves: scifi-fantasy
this whole series makes me cry repeatedly. it is very sad and depressing. yet i cant stop reading it.
Jordan
Oct 27, 2011 Jordan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A necessary continuance, but heart-wrenching! It was difficult to read after the first two books.
Annette
Great ending!
Elizabeth Deese
Elizabeth Deese rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2016
Kelly Skinner
Kelly Skinner marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Fabiana Alvarez
Fabiana Alvarez marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Sven
Sven marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
Garrett Mustard
Garrett Mustard marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Paula Walsh
Paula Walsh marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Rebecca Hamilton
Rebecca Hamilton rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2016
Lyn
Lyn marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Lela
Lela is currently reading it
Jul 06, 2016
  • The Shining Court (The Sun Sword, #3)
  • Cast in Chaos (Chronicles of Elantra, #6)