Start by marking “Wendy the Wide-Mouthed Frog” as Want to Read:
Wendy the Wide-Mouthed Frog

Wendy the Wide-Mouthed Frog

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Sparkly-mouthed, be-hatted and be-jewelled Wendy reckons she's far too good for the jungle she lives in, and goes round rubbishing all the other creatures - until she comes across Sid the Squid, who eats wide-mouthed frogs!
Published July 1st 2008 by Templar Books (first published March 29th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Wendy the Wide-Mouthed Frog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wendy the Wide-Mouthed Frog

Annabel
oh i loved this we all giggled (my youngest was fascinated
Wooden Horse
I enjoyed this book for the ability to do different voices as I read it aloud to my three year old cousin while moving the mouth of Wendy to match the words. He was initially more receptive to this title than he was to Calm Down Boris! although I think that is only because with Boris he hadn't seen that format before and so was a bit hesitant. He did end up loving interacting with Boris and Wendy.
Lydia Moses
Wendy the frog thinks she is the best and smartest animal in the jungle. She acts bored with all of the animals she meets and puts them down. Until she meets the squid who eats wide mouth frogs who think they are better than everyone else like Wendy. I had this book read to me and I really liked it because it is a 3D book.
Priscilla Schelling
This story focuses on an egotistical frog named Wendy. She thinks that she is top of the line until she meets the squid. Then, she learns her lesson and stops bragging about herself. It shows the effects of bragging about oneself and how annoying it is for everyone else. Good character-building resource.
Carlee
This story uses a 3D puppet to tell the story and focuses on an selfish, spoiled frog named Wendy who thinks she is the best around, until she meets a squid. It shows the negative effects of being cocky and caring only about yourself and how it hurts everyone else.
Wendy
This would be a great book to teach in Kindergarten about the differences between animals, the characteristics of animals, and similarities between different animals. It is also a funny story about a snobby frog who gets what's coming to her.
Jessica Benson
This 3D book follows a cocky frog named Wendy who thinks she is the best around but quickly learns that it hurts others feelings when she acts like this. This would be a good book if you were having a bullying or clique problem in your classroom.
Carrie
I love this book. Its about a frog that thinks shes better than everyone else. Then a squid calls her out and brings her back down to everyones level. Its a puppet book where you can make her mouth move! great for younger kids.
Amber
This would be a good book to show that sometimes over confiedence is a bad thing. This book also uses a puppet attached to the book to help tell the story. This would be a great book for the class room as a free read book too.
Rachel
This unique picture book has a 3D puppet that that reader uses to tell the story. The story follows the fabulous main character as she learns the lesson of humility.
Cheryl Kays
This book uses a 3d puppet to tell the story of Wendy the Wide-Mouthed Frog. This book teaches children the importance of respecting others.
treva
This book would be fantastic even without the puppet mouth (which Sid loves). When I read this out loud, C&I both were cracking up
Uriah
Dec 31, 2011 Uriah rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
The design of the book is wonderful. The puppet is a lot of fun to play with. Unfortunately, the story is pretty blah.
Heather Kahila
Heather Kahila marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Jaclyn
Jaclyn added it
Jun 08, 2013
Cassie
Cassie added it
Jul 02, 2012
Sam Lloyd studied at Brighton University where she gained a BA Hons in Illustration. Now Sam is the author and illustrator of many successful picture books for children. Her picture books include Happy Day, Sad Dog which won the Sainsbury’s Baby Book Award in 2003, Mr Pusskins which won the Booktrust Pre-School Award in 2006 and the V & A Illustration Award. Most recently Calm Down Boris publi ...more
More about Sam Lloyd...
Mr. Pusskins: A Love Story Mr. Pusskins and Little Whiskers: Another Love Story What Color Is Your Underwear? Chief Rhino to the Rescue! Doctor Meow's Big Emergency