Start by marking “Azumanga Daioh Vol. 4 (Azumanga Daioh, #4)” as Want to Read:
Azumanga Daioh Vol. 4 (Azumanga Daioh, #4)

Azumanga Daioh Vol. 4 (Azumanga Daioh #4)

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  1,231 ratings  ·  26 reviews
The gang of high schoolers takes a trip to sunny Okinawa, where Osaka plays with sea cucumbers. Yomi announces her intention to join InterPol, and Sakaki gets a cat that will let her pet it. When the gang gets together for a camping trip, Mr. Kimura makes his big confession to one of the students. This volume is a part of the popular series.
Published April 6th 2004 by ADV Manga (first published June 6th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Azumanga Daioh Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Azumanga Daioh Vol. 4

Amanda Pearl
This series as a whole is very cute! I really enjoyed them and I would highly recommend them for middle school aged girls. I absolutely loved that Sakaki finally got a cat in this volume. That's really all I care about haha.
MissAnnThrope
Natalie
As far as a story goes, this one is pretty terrible. There is no plot. It's nonexistent. It's just a series of moments with these characters and them reacting to each other.

But what does make this series memorable are the characters.

Chiyo is cute and interesting. She entered high school at age 10, is smart, cooks her own meals, innocent, and hard-working. She's kind but she also can get irritated as well. Being the youngest of the group, she's the center of most of the comedy because of her yout
Kathy
In their last year of high school! the class goes on its Senior year field trip to Osaka. Chiyo chan and Osaka have fun saying everything in Osakan (with words taken from their tour literature). Sakaki finds a cat that is drawn to her, its a rare endangered Iriomite cat--or Yamapikarya--a spotted wildcat with rounded ears. They are the size of domestic cats but very rare. They leave it on the island. The next week Sakaki is about to be ganged up on by several angry cats and 1 cat comes to her re ...more
Serena
Of course it was amazing! I'm sad to say goodbye to the gang, but I did it with tears in my eyes (from sadness and a,so from laughing so hard the whole time).
moochelle pham

o(﹏)o

IT WAS GREAT
SO SO GREAT
Myonlycookie
This may be my favorite volume in the series. The girls are in their last year of high school, and there is some really nice character growth. I'd recommend reading the first three before this one, because the payoff comes in the culmination of knowledge of the characters' personalities.

I've reread this series several times, and always manage to laugh out loud.
Hanna
This is so wonderful series that I want it! Although there were some jokes that didn't work because they were translated into Finnish. It would have also been nice if they would have left all of the -san, -sensei, etc. endings in the translation.
Setsanata
Dec 17, 2008 Setsanata rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes Pani Poni
This was such a great book overall, and I loved it the whole series through! It's so sad to have it end. But what I like to say is when something ends, it's really the start of a new beginning.

***** Stars for this volume, and the overall series!
Chelsy
This one was definitely my favourite out of the four. It kind of made me feel sad, seeing them all finishing their school days and all. But what made it the best, I think, was (view spoiler) It was the best!
J
Oct 17, 2008 J rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
This is such a hilareous series. I really liked how the series ends on a more serious note. I was sad to see the series end but I can still read it over and over.
Beth
This manga is an absolutely hilarious collection of short comic strips. Azumanga is one of the funniest things I have ever read. These books give me so much joy!
Faiza Balqis
ini komik lucunya ampun-ampunan. nyeritain persahabatan tokaoh"nya dengan beragam karakter dan pengalaman mereka kocak minta ampun. pasti ketawa gilak baca ini komik :D
adeline
i love this manga... since all the main characters are girls, it reminds me a lot of my high school days... totally recommended. ^^
Sylvia
This is another one of my favorite manga series. Its sad that it had to end but each volume is a year of their high school years.
Titis Wardhana
tamat juga... coba ada anak kecil kayak Chiyo: genius, kaya, mandiri, humble, baik sama temen2nya... :p
Madeline
One of the best endings to a manga ever. Even on my third read-through, it still makes me cry.
Emily
Jan 14, 2008 Emily added it
Shelves: read-already
all four books are quite offbeat, random, and funny.

loved them :]
Kate
Apr 30, 2012 Kate rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Really, the whole series is an always great re-read.
Kricket
i love that sakaki finally finds a kitty to love. SO CUTE.
sk8ergirl86000
This has 2b the funniest one so far. ROFL!!!!!!!
Stefi
BEST MANGA EVER HANDS DOWN!! JUST READ IT!! xD
Eric Compean
made me feel when i graduated, and very aware.
Diana
ahh la nostalgiaa!!!
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
  • Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture 3 (Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture, #3)
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 6 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #6)
  • Love Hina, Vol. 13
  • Emma, Vol. 02
  • Saturn Apartments, Vol. 3
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 3
  • Cromartie High School, Volume 1 (Cromartie High School, #1)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #10)
Kiyohiko Azuma (東清彦 or あずま きよひこ Azuma Kiyohiko) is a Japanese manga author and artist. His most well-known work is Azumanga Daioh. His current series is Yotsuba&!, which is serialized monthly in Dengeki Daioh magazine.
More about Kiyohiko Azuma...

Azumanga Daioh (5 books)
  • Azumanga Daioh Vol. 1 (Azumanga Daioh, #1)
  • Azumanga Daioh Vol. 2 (Azumanga Daioh, #2)
  • Azumanga Daioh Vol. 3 (Azumanga Daioh, #3)
  • Azumanga Daioh: The Omnibus
Yotsuba&!, Vol. 01 (Yotsuba&! #1) Azumanga Daioh Vol. 1 (Azumanga Daioh, #1) Yotsuba&!, Vol. 02 (Yotsuba&! #2) Yotsuba&!, Vol. 03 (Yotsuba&! #3) Yotsuba&!, Vol. 04 (Yotsuba&! #4)