Start by marking “Azumanga Daioh Vol. 4 (Azumanga Daioh, #4)” as Want to Read:
Azumanga Daioh Vol. 4 (Azumanga Daioh, #4)

Azumanga Daioh Vol. 4 (Azumanga Daioh #4)

4.42  ·  Rating Details ·  1,449 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
The gang of high schoolers takes a trip to sunny Okinawa, where Osaka plays with sea cucumbers. Yomi announces her intention to join InterPol, and Sakaki gets a cat that will let her pet it. When the gang gets together for a camping trip, Mr. Kimura makes his big confession to one of the students. This volume is a part of the popular series.
Published April 6th 2004 by ADV Manga (first published June 6th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Azumanga Daioh Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Azumanga Daioh Vol. 4

Amanda Pearl
Jun 02, 2015 Amanda Pearl rated it really liked it
This series as a whole is very cute! I really enjoyed them and I would highly recommend them for middle school aged girls. I absolutely loved that Sakaki finally got a cat in this volume. That's really all I care about haha.
MissAnnThrope
Jennifer Ranger
Dec 22, 2016 Jennifer Ranger rated it liked it
This was a light and fluffy finish to a light and fluffy series. If you're looking for something fun and the exact opposite of serious, I recommend this series.
Kathy
Feb 18, 2010 Kathy rated it it was amazing
In their last year of high school! the class goes on its Senior year field trip to Osaka. Chiyo chan and Osaka have fun saying everything in Osakan (with words taken from their tour literature). Sakaki finds a cat that is drawn to her, its a rare endangered Iriomite cat--or Yamapikarya--a spotted wildcat with rounded ears. They are the size of domestic cats but very rare. They leave it on the island. The next week Sakaki is about to be ganged up on by several angry cats and 1 cat comes to her re ...more
Diego
Aug 19, 2016 Diego rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Con un dulce sabor de boca se despiden las estudiantes de secundaria más divertidas de Japón. Con motivo del examen de acceso a la Universidad y la expectativa de la despedida de las chicas, la serie se cierra motivando el interés del lector con buenos momentos.

Me ha gustado leer la serie completa, aunque es cierto que no la recomendaría a cualquiera. El mundo de los yon-koma no es para todos. Aun así, la encuentro muy entrañable.
Myonlycookie
Feb 25, 2013 Myonlycookie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This may be my favorite volume in the series. The girls are in their last year of high school, and there is some really nice character growth. I'd recommend reading the first three before this one, because the payoff comes in the culmination of knowledge of the characters' personalities.

I've reread this series several times, and always manage to laugh out loud.
Chelsy
Jan 06, 2012 Chelsy rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-shelf
This one was definitely my favourite out of the four. It kind of made me feel sad, seeing them all finishing their school days and all. But what made it the best, I think, was (view spoiler) It was the best!
Hanna
Feb 18, 2014 Hanna rated it it was amazing
This is so wonderful series that I want it! Although there were some jokes that didn't work because they were translated into Finnish. It would have also been nice if they would have left all of the -san, -sensei, etc. endings in the translation.
Setsanata
Dec 07, 2008 Setsanata rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes Pani Poni
This was such a great book overall, and I loved it the whole series through! It's so sad to have it end. But what I like to say is when something ends, it's really the start of a new beginning.

***** Stars for this volume, and the overall series!
Beth
Jan 05, 2012 Beth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, favorites
This manga is an absolutely hilarious collection of short comic strips. Azumanga is one of the funniest things I have ever read. These books give me so much joy!
Titis Wardhana
tamat juga... coba ada anak kecil kayak Chiyo: genius, kaya, mandiri, humble, baik sama temen2nya... :p
Sylvia
Feb 10, 2008 Sylvia rated it liked it
This is another one of my favorite manga series. Its sad that it had to end but each volume is a year of their high school years.
J
Oct 17, 2008 J rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This is such a hilareous series. I really liked how the series ends on a more serious note. I was sad to see the series end but I can still read it over and over.
Faiza Balqis
Aug 14, 2011 Faiza Balqis rated it it was amazing
ini komik lucunya ampun-ampunan. nyeritain persahabatan tokaoh"nya dengan beragam karakter dan pengalaman mereka kocak minta ampun. pasti ketawa gilak baca ini komik :D
adeline
Nov 15, 2008 adeline rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
i love this manga... since all the main characters are girls, it reminds me a lot of my high school days... totally recommended. ^^
Carlos
Carlos rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2011
Mathew Ostrander
Mathew Ostrander rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2012
Maddie
Maddie rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2014
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2013
Marcos
Marcos rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2009
Mel
Mel rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2013
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2012
A. E. S.
A. E. S. rated it it was ok
May 31, 2013
Sylvia
Sylvia rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2010
Jesus Hector Fernandez
Jesus Hector Fernandez rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2013
Laura Martinelli
Laura Martinelli rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2009
kerrycat
kerrycat rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2013
Neil Sinclair
Neil Sinclair rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2011
uchie
uchie rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2008
  • Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture, Vol. 8
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 6 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #6)
  • Love Hina, Vol. 10
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 12
  • Cromartie High School, Vol. 1
  • Emma, Vol. 03
Kiyohiko Azuma (東清彦 or あずま きよひこ Azuma Kiyohiko) is a Japanese manga author and artist. His most well-known work is Azumanga Daioh. His current series is Yotsuba&!, which is serialized monthly in Dengeki Daioh magazine.
More about Kiyohiko Azuma...

Azumanga Daioh (5 books)
  • Azumanga Daioh Vol. 1 (Azumanga Daioh, #1)
  • Azumanga Daioh Vol. 2 (Azumanga Daioh, #2)
  • Azumanga Daioh Vol. 3 (Azumanga Daioh, #3)
  • Azumanga Daioh: The Omnibus