Start by marking “The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9)” as Want to Read:
The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9)

The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries #9)

4.07  ·  Rating Details ·  2,622 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
Published October 12th 1999 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Invisible Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Invisible Island

Bailey R
I am currently reading The Invisible Island by: Ron Roy! I am not very far because I just started, but think this book will be great because the kids in the book are adventurous, curious, and risk takers! I also think it will be a good book because all of the other books Ron Roy has written have pulled me out of my chair. So far this book has been great and they are about to encounter their adventure of the invisible island. This book has a lot of good descriptions like the water was shallow eno ...more
Sterrett Family
Jan 07, 2017 Sterrett Family rated it really liked it
Shelves: daniel
Daniel: This was one of the best books I've read this year. Some parts left me not knowing until the
very end, some were obvious. Take how Mr. P. said he always stayed away from poison ivy, but he bought three bottles of calamine lotion as an example. I don't actually read the series in order. Anyway, happy reading!
Amy
Jul 13, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it
This is the first chapter book that my niece and I read together, and she really enjoyed it. The language is age appropriate (she's now in second grade), and she enjoyed the characters and the relationship they have together. She also enjoyed the suspense of the mystery and enjoyed trying to figure out who the culprit was.
Trisha
Jun 12, 2014 Trisha rated it liked it
so, my youngest and I are driving about an hour 1 way to camp all week. We love listening to this series as audio books. Loved that this one had poison ivy in it so we were able to talk about it! LOL the theme fit right into camp and was a fun little mystery.
Twyla
Jun 03, 2012 Twyla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: auryn-s-books
Ellen
Feb 25, 2017 Ellen rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
I really like these books for children! In this one I was reminded of walking through poison ivy myself, and itching, and calamine lotion.
Blake
Mar 28, 2016 Blake rated it liked it
Shelves: elementary
We have a whole bunch of the A to Z Mysteries books in our classroom library. The books are somewhat popular with my students so I was curious to read one to see what I think about it.

I definitely recommend the series for younger elementary students and recommend including the series of books in the classroom library. The protagonists in the story are their age and the books are easy-to-read chapter books. I gave the book only three stars because that's how I rate it personally but I hope that y
Deepthi Herga
Nov 19, 2015 Deepthi Herga rated it really liked it
Shelves: snugli-books
My 7 - year old has finished the entire set of the A to Z mysteries (including all the super editions). I started reading them because I wanted to find out how good these mysteries are and after I started, I finished the entire set myself. This will be a common review for all the books in the set (so please forgive me if you see this repeated under another book).

First of all, the mystery part of the book is fairly simple for an adult, but I can see how it can keep a kid engrossed. The characters
Sue
Title: The Invisible Island (A-Z Mysteries)
Author: Ron Roy
Genre: Mystery – Children’s

Challenges: To Be Continued…Challenge, 101 Books in 1001 Days Challenge, Read and Review Challenge 2010, 2010 Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge, 100 + Reading Challenge, Audio Book Challenge 2010, Pages Read 2010, PB & J Challenge, Young Readers Reading Challenge 2010

Rating: 3/5
No. of Pages: Audio (96)
Published: 1999

Back Cover: While picnicking on Squaw Island, Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose find a hu
Claire Morrison
Nov 19, 2015 Claire Morrison rated it really liked it
The A-Z Mysteries series is a wonderful choice for children at a more developed reading level, since this is a chapter book. The writing is simple enough that beginning chapter book readers could challenge themselves to the text, and the exciting nature of mystery books would keep even fifth graders interested. Having a love for mystery books myself, I love this series and definitely would have loved myself and wish I had read as a child. I especially love how in this particular book, Ron Roy in ...more
Noha El-Shami
Dec 10, 2013 Noha El-Shami rated it really liked it
العدد التاسع من سلسلة ألغاز معدة للأطفال بعنوان
A to Z Mysteries

تناسب الأطفال من سن 8 أو 9 سنوات (تلاميذ مدارس اللغات)، ولسن أكبر (تلاميذ المدارس الحكومية)

من خلال المغامرة الخيالية الشيقة يتعلم الأطفال بعض السلوكيات الحميدة، وفي هذا العدد كان محور المغامرة يدور حول التصرف الأمثل لكل ما نعثر عليه وليس ملكا لنا ودور رجل الشرطة الشريف

انتهى العدد بسؤال وأفضل إجابة ستصل المؤلف عبر البريد أو الايميل وعد بنشرها في العدد التالي، وهي رفاهية لم تكن متوفره لدينا في ثمانينات القرن الماضي

كم كان ممتعا الد
Gabriel
May 01, 2012 Gabriel rated it it was amazing
The Invisable Island

author: Ron Roy

I gave this book 5 stars because this book is very interesting and shows what's the right thing to do if you find a $100 dollar bill in a Island.

This book is about 3 kid that find a $100 dollar bill in The Invisable Island. they try to find the onwer of the $100 by puting notes on bulitin boards. Josh wan'ts to keep the money but Ruth Rose tells him that they should take this money to the police department. When they got their the officer told them if nobody ca
Marlee
Mar 18, 2014 Marlee rated it it was ok
Kaytee
Aug 10, 2015 Kaytee rated it it was amazing
Josh invited Dink and Ruth Rose to eat with him on Squaw Island then they found some huge footprints and they follow them and then ruth rose finds a one hundred dollar bill!!! so they bring it to officer fallon and then they go back then they see a secret hidding place they got some clues then they see a bunch of money and then they think it was mr.Pinkowski but it turned out it was no then they find a car that says bent Dink Josh and Ruth Rose wantes to find out who is it then they follow the g ...more
Dolly
Jul 04, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This was another exciting installment in the A to Z Mysteries series. The kids are a lot less supervised than I'd expect, but I remember wandering around my town as a pre-teen, too. Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose find themselves in the middle of another mystery. Although it's not that realistic and I don't like the dangerous situations they put themselves in, it does make for a thrilling story. We've skipped around a little bit, but we slowly working our way through the alphabet!
Gabriel
Apr 18, 2012 Gabriel rated it it was amazing
This book is about 3 kids that find a $100 bill in a in a island called the invisable island. They try to find the person how lost the $100 bill at the island by puting notes on bulitin boards, fliers, and asking people near the island that have they had lost money on THE INVISABLE ISLAND.

My rating for this book is 5 stars because is interesting and tells tips of what you should you do if you find a $100 bill on a island.
Lianna Navasardyan
josh, Ruth rose and Dink pack up and to Squaw Island to eat and have an adventure.When the kids get there they find 100 dollar bill in the sand.The kids were interested to who dropped the money .The next day they came back to the island and nothing was there Squaw Island had diapered. I would recommend this book to kids who like mysteries .Read the book to find out if they would be able to find out the secret of squaw island.
luhvBOOKS
Jun 06, 2012 luhvBOOKS rated it really liked it
Title: The Invisible Island

Author: Ron Roy

Series: A to Z Mysteries #9

Rating: ★★★★

Summary: While picnicking on Squaw Island, Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose find a hundred dollar bill, and when they return to explore further they find an entire cave full of money.

Review: One of my favorites... I caught the guy before they did! :o

Things I Loved: The I mystery!

Things I Hated: N/A
Tarissa
Feb 28, 2015 Tarissa rated it really liked it
A charming book for kids to enjoy. The 3 kids in the story are having a good time together on Squaw Island when they discover a hundred dollar bill! They believe more money may be hidden on the island. Overall, it's a fun mystery adventure.

*The only thing that may not be moral is that the story illustrates that kids can break and enter buildings, for the good of solving a mystery.
Veray Carter
Jan 17, 2015 Veray Carter rated it really liked it
I read this with my son in 2nd grade for a book report. It was exciting, interesting and kept both of our attention. Little bits of the mystery were solved and small clues given until the answer was realized and the kids were able to tell the police and get the bad buys caught. I loved this kind of book when I was a kid and I am glad my son likes them too.
Eric
Dec 06, 2011 Eric rated it really liked it
It was a hot July day. Josh, Dink, and Ruth Rose went to a picnic on Squaw Island. They think that there is treasure on the island so they searched around and found a hundred dollar bill. When the kids came back the next day they found out that the bill was fake. If you want to find out who printed the bill, you should read this book.
Reagan
Mar 12, 2016 Reagan rated it it was amazing
Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose are having a picnic on Squaw Island. While exploring the island, they find a cave full of money! What is money doing on Squaw Island? Who hid it, and why are they hiding it there? Read the book to find out!
I really like this book because it is a big mystery! You should read this book.
Madison Henson
Jan 13, 2017 Madison Henson rated it really liked it
Three kids discovered a money in three each boxes in Squaw Island. They wonder why keep them in the cement "house" for hidden. But money are fake. Mr. Bent who painter, he produce the fake money. His wife and he actually were counterfeiter. Three kids responded to Sheriff Office for arrest them for jail.
Sherry
May 23, 2009 Sherry rated it really liked it
THE INVISABLE ISLAND

I LIKED IT WHEN JOSH SAID “AND I’M IN HERE STARVING TO DEATH”. ANOTHER THING THAT I THOUGHT WAS FUNNY IS WHEN RUTHROSE’S LITTLE BROTHER NATE SAID “SHU GOOFEN MUPPY”. HE SAID IT WITH A COOKIE IN HIS MOUTH
Cole Cucitrone
Aug 20, 2014 Cole Cucitrone rated it liked it
This series is about kids that go around solving mysteries. This book is about three kids that go and investigate a secret island. I have this book a 3 because I feel like there should be more to it but it was a good book.
Raiyaan Bhombal
I downloaded this app thinking i will be able to download and read the books... Is it available ?? If yes then pls someone direct me to how to do so.. If no then i recommend ull to also provide reading the books
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it it was amazing
when dink,josh,and ruth rose go have a picnic they find a one hundred dollar bill so they take it to the police station and they give to a police officer and the police say its fake so they went back to the place where they had there picnic and find a island full of money!
Melissa Namba
Dec 22, 2015 Melissa Namba rated it liked it
Shelves: books-for-lucy
As always, the characters are consistent. This one was about counterfeiters, and I feel like they could have put more science into it, but they didn't. I liked that the bait attendant was named after the author. And a big welcome to shorty!
Jacob
May 21, 2013 Jacob rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
I liked the characters in this book. What I did not like about the book was the idea of someone trying to stay out of prison who belonged there. I like Officer Fallon, especially when he catches the crooks.
Jen
Aug 20, 2013 Jen rated it liked it
This book's title is deceiving, the book is not really about the island, but about what the kids find on the island. The island doesn't appear and disappear like I thought it would. Entertaining, a quick read. Kids eat this stuff up, typically.
  • The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #1)
  • Stage Fright on a Summer Night (Magic Tree House, #25)
  • The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Stop That Hamster! (Ready, Freddy!, #12)
  • Nate the Great Goes Down in the Dumps
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
  • Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11)
  • Where Does the Garbage Go?
  • Summer Vacation from the Black Lagoon
  • Charge Of The Triceratops (Dinosaur Cove, #2)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

A to Z Mysteries (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1)
  • The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2)
  • The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3)
  • The Deadly Dungeon (A to Z Mysteries, #4)
  • The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)
  • The Falcon's Feathers (A to Z Mysteries, #6)
  • The Goose's Gold (A to Z Mysteries, #7)
  • The Haunted Hotel (A to Z Mysteries, #8)
  • The Jaguar's Jewel (A to Z Mysteries, #10)
  • The Kidnapped King (A to Z Mysteries, #11)