The Memory Prisoner

The Memory Prisoner

2.71 of 5 stars 2.71  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  7 reviews
For thirteen years Maddie Palmer has sat by the window, never leaving the house, getting the news of the day from her younger brother, Keith. For thirteen years she has buried her memories-of the dark fortress of the Town Library, which casts its long shadow over Pridebridge, and what happened there so long ago. But when Keith is forced to work in the secret cavern of the...more
Published June 1st 2001 by Dial (first published January 1st 2000)

LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
Abby
I think of this more like a short story. It was not very well developed, no back story, no glimpse into any sort of future. It was written like a trite little adventure though I felt that the characters could mean more and have more of a purpose.
Tigerlily
I believe that the only reason I finished this book was because it was so short I didn't have time to really hate it.
Evangeline
This was a decent book. I was surprised by the inclusion of the issue of childhood obesity with the main character...this is something that should be addressed but seldom is in children's literature, I feel.
Brinlie Clark
It shows how lonely you'll be when you try to take things that aren't yours(Lexeter). How you shouldn't listen to or follow threats you should tell someone and get help.
Mary Farrell
I loved Thomas Bloor's "London Calling". This book was a disappointment.
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
The premise sounded intriguing, but it just didn't grab me.
Lee
Lee added it
Aug 12, 2013
Edith Anne
Edith Anne marked it as to-read
May 01, 2013
Ellinor
Ellinor marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2013
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2012
Pablo
Pablo added it
Nov 06, 2011
Pablo
Pablo added it
Nov 05, 2011
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2011
Ysk
Ysk added it
Jun 08, 2011
Worm In The Blood Beast Beneath The Skin Heart of the Serpent The Functional Analysis of English: A Hallidayan Approach Bomber Boys