Start by marking “From The Desk Of Warren Ellis Volume 1” as Want to Read:
From The Desk Of Warren Ellis Volume 1

From The Desk Of Warren Ellis Volume 1

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A collection of commentaries on comics and culture by graphic novelist Warren Ellis, creator of TRANSMETROPOLITAN and PLANETARY.

Peer into the twisted brain of the madman by seeing what arrived… from the desk of Warren Ellis! A collection of essays, columns, journals, lectures, travelogues, and fragments written for an internet audience by the creator and author o
Published May 9th 2000 by Avatar Press

To ask other readers questions about From The Desk Of Warren Ellis Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From The Desk Of Warren Ellis Volume 1

Krystl Louwagie
I'm not actually a huge fan of Warren Ellis's work, but, that's also not that fair to say because I haven't read a ton of it. I just know I've read some and not been so engaged in them that I looked up more. I have, and read, this because I got it very cheap from someone who was selling a very large collection of comics and this one was in the mix. He must've been a big fan of Warren Ellis. This volume is just random musing of his basically, and for the most part, he kind of comes off as an arro ...more
Lucas Swanger
A well-written time capsule of the late-90's comics scene.
Sam Quixote
Just so nobody buys this thinking it's a comic book - Amazon has mislabelled this a "graphic novel" - it is in fact simply the prose writings of Warren Ellis. Specifically it's ideas and storylines that never (yet) got made. Some are ok but mostly you see why they never got developed further. Not a comic book then, only for those wishing to read scores of prose writings. For those looking for the comic book magic of Ellis, try elsewhere.
Alessandra
I thought that this book was very interesting and had a lot of entertainment to me and my fellow friends. I hope you guys will enjoy it because it was amazing to me, and hopefully you too. Thank you!!! :0)
Callum
Oct 10, 2007 Callum rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any comic book fan!
If you read comic books at all you owe it to yourself to go out and grab this in order to better understand the genre and to help you on your own way to becoming a graphic novel scribe. Good luck!
Dan
the comics master speaks. an illuminating collection of internet journalism.
Priya
Priya marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Sep 10, 2014
Davidg
Davidg marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Higgsjen
Higgsjen marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Riko Stan
Riko Stan marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Lindstrom_lindstrom
Lindstrom_lindstrom marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Rach
Rach marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Has written comics & graphic novels, books, journalism, animation, tv, film, videogames and anything else that looks like it might pay a bill or buy whisky.

Second novel, GUN MACHINE, due from Mulholland Books in autumn of 2012.

First non-fiction book due from FSG in 2014.

Currently a weekly columnist for VICE UK.

Hello. WHERE AM I

More about Warren Ellis...
Transmetropolitan, Vol. 1: Back on the Street (Transmetropolitan, #1) Transmetropolitan, Vol. 2: Lust for Life Transmetropolitan, Vol. 3: Year of the Bastard (Transmetropolitan, #3) Planetary, Vol. 1: All Over the World and Other Stories Transmetropolitan, Vol. 5: Lonely City (Transmetropolitan, #5)