Start by marking “Idiot Letters” as Want to Read:
Idiot Letters

Idiot Letters

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Look out, public relations; take cover, customer service -- Paul Rosa's letter is in the mail and his inventively imbecilic queries about consumer products have a way of eliciting equally idiotic and even more unlikely answers from some of America's biggest companies.
160 pages
Published March 1st 1995 by Main Street Books (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Idiot Letters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Idiot Letters

Nathaniel Wyckoff
This book was hysterical. Just before the explosion of e-mail, this guy wrote many ridiculous letters to corporations, demanding answers to questions like "Does Wilford Brimly really eat oatmeal?" He concocted ridiculous scenarios that had me laughing out loud. It was hard to get through some of the letters without bursting into guffaws. It's hard to find anything funnier than this one.
Leslie
Sep 06, 2007 Leslie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Shelves: humor
Paul Rosa is hilarious. He writes crazy letters to corporations and then publishes their responses. Of course, this was published before email became commonplace. I wrote the author and he sent me some funny bumperstickers.
Andrew Farr
This book is a series of short letters to major corporations. It is probably one of the funniest things I've ever put my face in.
Christine
Pretty amusing. The way some of the companies handle the author's letters is commendable.
Yawz
It's entertaining..if you can excuse the crude humor.
Kathy Ferrell
Laugh out loud stupidly, brilliantly funny. I used to own this and then, like a fool, I donated it to the library. I'm sorry I did. I still remember the particular exchange between the author and a cat food company. The cat food rep's brilliantly dry wit made it even funnier. Occasionally, corporate America conceals a genuine wag, and it's treat to unearth one, under all the memos and loose paper clips. So, so funny!!
Phil Fox
Total rip off. Read Letters from Nut by Ted L. Nancy (aka Jerry Seinfeld). Letters from a Nut in general is a lot more light-spirited and humorous compared to Idiot Letters
Amy P.
Such a funny book! Mr. Rosa's sarcastic humor is definitely worthy of a read! The short letters makes this a perfect book to read in small doses.
Charlene
This guy writes the most ridiculous letters to companies to try and get a response. It is hilarious. Good bathroom material.
This book is just as you would imagine. It is worth the read, however save it until you have nothing else to read.
I laughed out loud with some of these letters! And there were some pretty snazzy replies!
Lucas
This was an okay book, amusing at times, kind of boring most of the time.
Mike Henry
Funny. This book is what the other "letters"-books strive to be.
Allie
The book got stupider as the reading went on.
Breezy
Wilbert Winkler is waaaaay funnier.
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Aliibooks
Aliibooks marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Christopher Henderson
Christopher Henderson marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Will Thompson
Will Thompson marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Dion
Dion added it
Feb 23, 2015
Jerry Sifuentes
Jerry Sifuentes marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Nathalie Sch
Nathalie Sch marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Nick Knight
Nick Knight marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015