Start by marking “Something Borrowed” as Want to Read:
Something Borrowed

Something Borrowed

Adopted as a baby, Vicky McCarthy's curiosity about where she came from has finally got the better of her: she wants to trace her birth mother. If that doesn't cause friction enough, there's a new face to contend with at work: Ed O'Neill, whom Vicky is convinced is being groomed for her job as manager of Dublin toyshop Toys Galore. Sal, Vicky's go- getting best friend, thi ...more
Paperback
Published April 29th 2004 by Sphere

To ask other readers questions about Something Borrowed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something Borrowed

Basirat Atif
Mar 01, 2016 Basirat Atif rated it really liked it
Lovely Lovely Lovely Book. I Was Engrossed In It The Moment I Picked It Up. Made Me Laugh Out Loud So Many Times And Also Made Me Cry In The End. It Is Written In Such A Wonderful Way. I Really Fell In Love With The Character Victoria. Enjoyed Her Witty Remarks And Funny Description Of People. The Story Is All About Relationships. It Is All About Finding Yourself And Your Place In The World And Specially In Your Family. A Very Cute Story And I Would Recommend To Everyone Who Love Their Parents A ...more
Chanpreet
Feb 27, 2012 Chanpreet rated it it was amazing
Martina Reilly's book are something else. I read this one straight though. Usually I'll stop and calculate how much I've got left, but not with her books. Once I got started, I couldn't stop until I'd finished and I resented anything that made me put the book down. Something Borrowed is an exceptional story and book. It really knocked my socks off and I'm sure it'll bowl you over too.

Victoria "Vicky" McCarthy is a 28 year old manager of a toy shop, who happens to be adopted. It's been hard on he
Kelly Simpson
May 23, 2011 Kelly Simpson rated it it was amazing

If that doesn't cause friction enough, there's a new face to contend with at work: Ed O'Neil, whom Vicky is convinced is beign groomed for her job as manager of Dublin toyshop Toys Galore. Sal, Vicky's go-getting best friend, thinks Ed is gorgeous, and that if Vicky doesn't bag him, she will. But Vicky is going out with Marti, manager of an up-and-coming
Katherine
May 21, 2012 Katherine rated it liked it
It was a good book but I did get slightly bored by the story being predictable and repetitive at times. It did have a good plot and the characters being developed throughout allowed you to get to know each one.

What really annoyed me throughout the entire book was "ta". It cropped up an awful lot. Why not throw "thank you" and "thanks" in once a while for a change.

Overall, it is worth a read.

Kate
May 09, 2016 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perfect escapism in all the right ways and places.

A great wee read about Vicky and the hole being adopted created for her. Despite the deep knowledge she is loved and adored by her adoptive parents she feels the need to understand her genetic knowing.

This is a heart string pulling love story with some great characters. As light as a feather but with a few good plot kinks that make it hard to stop reading........ Even when you shouldn't be!
Karen
Aug 02, 2009 Karen rated it really liked it
It took me a while to get into this book but once I got there I loved it. It's a beautiful book and again.. can you fall in love with fictional characters? This guy, was another gorgeous piece. She annoyed me a bit in the beginning but that got a lot better from the middle on towards the end.
Good read!
Shannon Lynch
Oct 27, 2015 Shannon Lynch rated it it was amazing
This isn't the genre I usually read but I am in love with this book! I couldn't put it down and I kept thinking about the characters long after finishing the book. Absolutely amazing and captivating. Warning: will make you cry.

PS. I'm in love with Ed...
Ann York
Mar 20, 2011 Ann York rated it it was amazing
I don't read books like this but this book is very good it is hard to put down laugh out loud funny perfect hoilday read and it is clever frank and funy ad it is gritty sometimes spicy and always an entertaning read.
Mary Jo Close
Jul 10, 2012 Mary Jo Close rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I cried, which really suprised me. It was a touching story.
Kelly
Aug 05, 2009 Kelly rated it liked it
Cute, lighthearted read.
Sophie
Sophie rated it it was ok
Sep 06, 2011
Sandraleenoel
Sandraleenoel rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2015
Grace
Grace rated it liked it
May 12, 2011
Manuela
Manuela rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Leanne
Leanne rated it it was ok
Aug 14, 2011
Shannon Mcinturff
Shannon Mcinturff rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2014
Natalie Gazey
Natalie Gazey rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
Umapranam
Umapranam rated it did not like it
Apr 19, 2016
Sabrina Hannigan
Sabrina Hannigan rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2015
Laura Raines
Laura Raines rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Claire
Claire rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2012
Geraldine Hickey
Geraldine Hickey rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2016
Ivy Fabellano
Ivy Fabellano rated it really liked it
May 21, 2012
Vicky Taylor
Vicky Taylor rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2011
Shirley
Shirley rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2006
Melcris Pacot
Melcris Pacot rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2013
Jane Oakes
Jane Oakes rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2011
carol
carol rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2012
Maitha
Maitha rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Model Wife
  • Heiresses
  • Le brave ragazze combinano guai
  • Three In A Bed
  • How Sweet It is
  • Lizzie Jordan's Secret Life
  • Hubble Bubble
  • Mister Teacher
  • Twelve Dates of Christmas: The Ballad of Lula Jo (Lonesome Point, Texas, #2.5)
  • The Sister Diaries
  • Diamonds and Daisies
Hi. It’s Martina Reilly here, the artist formally known as Tina Reilly! And before that, I was teen writer, Martina Murphy.
More about Martina Reilly...